If you could pick One non QB player to join the Bills from an NFL roster who would it be?

That includes incorporating his contract.  Barkley, Mack, Donald, and Kelce come to mind but I'd prefer a #1 WR for Allen.

I'd go with DeAndre Hopkins.  A 26 year old in his prime with strong hands, a large catch radius, wins those 50/50 balls, not a locker room problem, and can create separation.  Locked up through 2022 with the majority of the dead cap hit off his 5 year 81 million dollar contract after this season. 

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That includes incorporating his contract.  Barkley, Mack, Donald, and Kelce come to mind but I'd prefer a #1 WR for Allen.

I'd go with DeAndre Hopkins.  A 26 year old in his prime with strong hands, a large catch radius, wins those 50/50 balls, not a locker room problem, and can create separation.  Locked up through 2022 with the majority of the dead cap hit off his 5 year 81 million dollar contract after this season. 

Yes. Deandre Hopkins is probably the correct choice.  I wouldn’t say no to Khalil Mack though.  I’m still pissed about missing out on him.  Myles Garrett would be a great addition and is still on his rookie deal.  And I’d love to have Gilmore back to pair with Tre White. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

If you want to win consistently, you need a quarterback, you need to PROTECT your quarterback, and you need to hit the OTHER team's quarterback.

Since the question states "non-QB", I was left looking at either offensive tackles or pass rushers. When looking at the Bills roster, I have more faith in Dawkins/Ford to form a quality offensive tackle duo than I do in any of Buffalo's EDGE guys to be impactful past 2019. 

With that being said, I choose Myles Garrett, EDGE. I thought about Mack, but Garrett is five years younger and actually had MORE sacks last year than Mack. Getting an elite 23-year-old edge rusher would really put the Bills defense over the top. Might have chosen Aaron Donald instead, but I have faith that Ed Oliver might make that choice redundant.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

If you want to win consistently, you need a quarterback, you need to PROTECT your quarterback, and you need to hit the OTHER team's quarterback.

Since the question states "non-QB", I was left looking at either offensive tackles or pass rushers. When looking at the Bills roster, I have more faith in Dawkins/Ford to form a quality offensive tackle duo than I do in any of Buffalo's EDGE guys to be impactful past 2019. 

With that being said, I choose Myles Garrett, EDGE. I thought about Mack, but Garrett is five years younger and actually had MORE sacks last year than Mack. Getting an elite 23-year-old edge rusher would really put the Bills defense over the top. Might have chosen Aaron Donald instead, but I have faith that Ed Oliver might make that choice redundant.

It's a solid choice but our defense is just far superior to our offense at this point that I'd look to improve the latter.  I like the future of our o-line so that logically leads to giving Allen a #1 target to throw to as we don't have a #1 WR.  Look how the trade for Cooper helped the Cowboys last year and Hopkins is far superior to him.  He's helped Watson more than any other player on the Texans.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas or Julio Jones

Michael Thomas's contract is on the final year of his contract and I think having Brees throwing to you slightly inflates your stats.  Julio is a great WR but also 30 years old.

19 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It's a solid choice but our defense is just far superior to our offense at this point that I'd look to improve the latter.  I like the future of our o-line so that logically leads to giving Allen a #1 target to throw to as we don't have a #1 WR.  Look how the trade for Cooper helped the Cowboys last year and Hopkins is far superior to him.  He's helped Watson more than any other player on the Texans.

I hear you. If I were to pick an offensive player, Hopkins might well be the guy.

For me, as a matter of team building philosophy, edge rushers are simply more important than receivers. I completely understand the logic of wanting to optimize Josh Allen's game by giving him an elite target. I just feel that the top four positions in terms of long term, sustained success in the NFL right now are QB, LT, EDGE, and CB. We already have (hopefully) three of the four locked down. We just need the elite edge rusher. 

Really, though, you can't lose with any of these guys being mentioned in this thread. 

• Like (+1) 4