Allen can also crush a softball!

6 hours ago, MtlBillsFan said:
Sunday kinda news ?

Man I grew up in Montreal

(Cote St Luc) moved to Florida in 91 and now live in TEXAS  for 4 years , 

Just talked to my mom yesterday and she said it was still cold , the only thing I don’t miss is the weather , 

i do miss a good bagel and even pizza , I know many believe that you think of New York when it comes to Pizza & Bagels but that’s BS !!!  NOTHING like Montreal !!! 

I also remember those steamed hot dogs at the Olympic stadium ( in the 80’s ) man those  were some GREAT hot dogs , 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

Curious - did the competitiveness of some players come out during the game or was it all very low key

It seemed like they wanted to win.   Any time anyone hit a home run they would celebrate like little leaguers. It seems they really like each other

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

It seemed like they wanted to win.   Any time anyone hit a home run they would celebrate like little leaguers. It seems they really like each other

I was just going to say I felt it was competitive enough for a charity softball game. I wouldn’t have expected anyone to do anything to get hurt or anything but some of the guys were really laying out. Duke Williams for one, he went after a home run and make a leaping attempt at the ball as it was going over the fence (not the Bisons wall) and upended himself trying to go for the ball. 

In on a brighter note, on one of the home runs by the offense, while the offense was gathered around the bench waiting for the batter to come home, Allen was holding Isiah McKenzie like he was a toddler waiting for the celebration. It was kinda funny. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'll go ahead and say it -- "this doesn't mean anything about winning NFL football games" -- but it's nice to see a team of guys who seem to genuinely care about each other and have some passion.  The hope is that this translates over to football practices and games, and really laying it on the line for your teammates.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sunshynman said:

He broke an damn aluminum bat. If he wins us the SB, he go down in legion as SuperMan

Wait till Frank Gore makes a great block for him, and he hurdles a linebacker for a crucial, crucial 3rd down scramble to keep the drive going for an on-grass, 47-yard FG to win the SB.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

These guys seem to be building a genuine bond with each other.

It does, I can't recall seeing anything like this from the team since the early 90s days. Kudos to the front office to bring in a guy like Hyde that put something like this together.