the Boys getting together with Bruce to talk playing days

3 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Yes I do, but Andre's personal life is his, Andre's football life is ours; get it!!!! Like politics, it has it's own forum and if you did deal with Andre on a personal level, you just might be violating professional ethics, understand? 

*face on desk*

I shouldn't be upset with you, for all I know, English could be a second language for you. Let me break this down into simple terms for you:

Andre Reed is a jerk. A self-important, entitled, arrogant, egomaniacal jerk.

Has nothing to do with BUSINESS. I lived in his hometown, and had occasion to interact with both him and his family multiple times. And in 100% of those interactions, I witnessed him being a complete jerk to people for no good reason. Period. I get it, you don't like the truth about your idols. But it is the truth.

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

*face on desk*

I shouldn't be upset with you, for all I know, English could be a second language for you. Let me break this down into simple terms for you:

Andre Reed is a jerk. A self-important, entitled, arrogant, egomaniacal jerk.

Has nothing to do with BUSINESS. I lived in his hometown, and had occasion to interact with both him and his family multiple times. And in 100% of those interactions, I witnessed him being a complete jerk to people for no good reason. Period. I get it, you don't like the truth about your idols. But it is the truth.

Go away! This board is for adults and Bills fans; I sure don't give a sh**! And get off your high horse!

Just now, vorpma said:

Go away! This board is for adults and Bills fans; I sure don't give a sh**! And get off your high horse!

i can see now that attempting to communicate with you in any kind of rational way is pointless, so I'll give my default response for idiots.... ^this guy :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

i can see now that attempting to communicate with you in any kind of rational way is pointless, so I'll give my default response for idiots.... ^this guy :lol:

From the guy that uses "Martin Luther" and "Nailed It" as his screen name photo, ha ha and I can tell you are very self righteous; and never underestimate someone's intellect that you don't know junior!

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, vorpma said:

From the guy that uses "Martin Luther" and "Nailed It" as his screen name photo, ha ha and I can tell you are very self righteous; and never underestimate someone's intellect that you don't know junior!

^this guy :lol:

12 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Oh sure...no question

I'm glad at least one person gets it!

6 hours ago, Drey said:

1) Why does Andre never show up for these things?

2) To Bruce:  Why are you wearing a bib?  What are you, a toddler?

Because Andre is a... I'll just stop. I've actually heard Bruce is a pretty nice dude.

no need to get all bent out of shape because some of the younger cats want to move on from the old guard. hell, I don't agree with him/them, they'll always have a place in bills franchise history but getting mad and frustrated or feeling insulted isn't the way to go.

I'll always admire JK's strength in battling cancer and for his leadership on the field and as far as andre being a prick, eh, who cares. he doesn't sit at my dinner table so he can be all he wants to be and it shouldn't be a reason to discard him or any of the others. what they did on the field is all that really matters and even though they won no sb title, they still dominated the afc for a few seasons and were fun to watch.

time to let go of the old guard and welcome the new. I can only hope this new guard can achieve as much, or maybe more?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Believer said:

Where’s the board moderator who is usually quick to close threads for far less??... The Levy video doesn’t belong here... and the shot at Talley in an early reply was despicable... Disappointed with this thread...

You seem to be of the opinion that the, because they are well compensated, moderators should be here 24/7 & that they should view every post as soon as the poster hits submit reply.  That's really hard to do.  You know what the real shame is here? The real shame is that we're paying monthly dues and we don't have a report function so that we can quickly and easily alert a moderator to a possibly offensive post.  Thank the Baby Jesus that we can reply in a thread to B word publicly. That does make us feel better about ourselves.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, vorpma said:

You tell me? You made accusations against the 1990's Bills, called Andre Reed garbage, and basically insulted the team; you tell me!!!

59 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Have you ever dealt with Andre or his family? I have, and it wasn't pleasant. And I'm not the only one here who's had that experience. Also, you realize that grown-ups are allowed to have different opinions, yes?

Vorpma seems unhinged...

I've met Andre and I have nothing good to say about him.

56 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Yes I do, but Andre's personal life is his, Andre's football life is ours; get it!!!! Like politics, it has it's own forum and if you did deal with Andre on a personal level, you just might be violating professional ethics, understand? 

What the hell are you going on about here? This makes absolutely zero sense.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Because, in the end, they didn't win a title. And yet, they act like they did. And some of them, like Andre, are just garbage human beings, that's why. Don't have to agree with it, don't care if you do.

The old guys are like an albatross around the necks of the new guys. Bills need to move on as a franchise.

I have to agree with Joe, here.

These guys from the failed 90s teams are basically saying, "we're the best you've ever had so you should appreciate us and bow!!!"

I say BS.

You couldn't win  ONE MOTHER ***** SUPERBOWL????  OUT OF FOUR?????

They opine when no one asks.  They act like they're the best thing since sliced bread.  But in the end .... all they did was lose.  Silver medals are nice.  We want gold.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I have to agree with Joe, here.

These guys from the failed 90s teams are basically saying, "we're the best you've ever had so you should appreciate us and bow!!!"

I say BS.

You couldn't win  ONE MOTHER ***** SUPERBOWL????  OUT OF FOUR?????

They opine when no one asks.  They act like they're the best thing since sliced bread.  But in the end .... all they did was lose.  Silver medals are nice.  We want gold.

awww, poor gugny is upset, they couldn't win just one. what a pity and damn them all to hell.

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

awww, poor gugny is upset, they couldn't win just one. what a pity and damn them all to hell.

Well, I didn't say to damn anyone if you go back and read what I read.  I just don't think that we should worship them as if they're Gods.  Most importantly, they have nothing at all to do with the success, or lack thereof, of the current team - so their unsolicited opinions mean nothing to me.

I'm sure they're all wonderful people.  Am I upset that they couldn't muster one win out of four?  You betcha.  But I wish no one any ill will.  Work on your comprehension skills.  

Edited by Gugny

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Well, I didn't say to damn anyone if you go back and read what I read.  I just don't think that we should worship them as if they're Gods.  Most importantly, they have nothing at all to do with the success, or lack thereof, of the current team - so their unsolicited opinions mean nothing to me.

I'm sure they're all wonderful people.  Am I upset that they couldn't muster one win out of four?  You betcha.  But I wish no one any ill will.  Work on your comprehension skills.  

no, my comprehension skills are fine. I know exactly what you meant. I said damn them all to hell, you copy that?

or no

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Enlightenment is non-attachment.

I am confounded by your remarks.  I thought you were a more socially liberal guy.  You don't seem like a "gotta win at all costs or you aren't worth anything" kind of person.

Second best is sometimes better, right?

Why can't you rally around:

He wants to dream like a young man
With the wisdom of an old man.
He wants his home and security,
He wants to live like a sailor at sea.
Beautiful loser, where you gonna fall?
You realize you just can't have it all.

He's your oldest and your best friend,
If you need him, he'll be there again.
He's always willing to be second best,
A perfect lodger, a perfect guest.
Beautiful loser, read it on the wall
And realize, you just can't have it all.
...you can't have it all, you can't have it all,
Oh, oh, ... can't have it all.

He'll never make any enemies,
He won't complain if he's caught in a freeze.
He'll always ask, he'll always say please.

Beautiful loser, never take it all
'cause it's easier, faster when you fall,
You just don't need it all
Oh, oh, ... you just don't need it all.

9 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...just fact...NO flame......four consecutive SB losses?.......perhaps the first one undisciplined is expected.....but three more IN A ROW?....NEVER passed the "smell test" IMO....

The "glory years" and the players involved do absolutely nothing for me anymore..

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Enlightenment is non-attachment.

I am confounded by your remarks.  I thought you were a more socially liberal guy.  You don't seem like a "gotta win at all costs or you aren't worth anything" kind of person.

Second best is sometimes better, right?

Why can't you rally around:

He wants to dream like a young man
With the wisdom of an old man.
He wants his home and security,
He wants to live like a sailor at sea.
Beautiful loser, where you gonna fall?
You realize you just can't have it all.

He's your oldest and your best friend,
If you need him, he'll be there again.
He's always willing to be second best,
A perfect lodger, a perfect guest.
Beautiful loser, read it on the wall
And realize, you just can't have it all.
...you can't have it all, you can't have it all,
Oh, oh, ... can't have it all.

He'll never make any enemies,
He won't complain if he's caught in a freeze.
He'll always ask, he'll always say please.

Beautiful loser, never take it all
'cause it's easier, faster when you fall,
You just don't need it all
Oh, oh, ... you just don't need it all.

I'm not a "gotta win at all costs, or you aren't worth anything" kind of guy.  That would be extreme.  I'm not an extremist.

I am, however, a "if you want to act like you're God's gift to the earth, you better have earned that label," kind of guy.  They failed to do that.  That's all I"m sayin'.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I'm not a "gotta win at all costs, or you aren't worth anything" kind of guy.  That would be extreme.  I'm not an extremist.

I am, however, a "if you want to act like you're God's gift to the earth, you better have earned that label," kind of guy.  They failed to do that.  That's all I"m sayin'.

Harsh.  They are God's second best gift to the earth.

What's wrong with that?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Harsh.  They are God's second best gift to the earth.

What's wrong with that?

Not a damn thing.   If you're a fan of team that always comes in 2nd place.

Just now, Gugny said:

Not a damn thing.   If you're a fan of team that always comes in 2nd place.

We are.

No shame in taking place.  They were first in the AFC four years in a row.  Never has been duplicated... So I guess they earned "God's gift to the world." Title.  Teams that beat them never earned that.

• Thank you (+1) 1