the Boys getting together with Bruce to talk playing days

On 6/2/2019 at 8:43 AM, Chandler#81 said:

For a soon to be released Bruce segment. 

I’d love to join in the chat. Probably wouldn’t take more than ordering a round for the table..

Note: Will Wolford & Scott Bercholdt (sp?), in case you were wondering.

So, what would you ask them?

Hey who are all those old guys ?? ?

Pretty cool !!!

Edited by T master

21 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Have you ever dealt with Andre or his family? I have, and it wasn't pleasant. And I'm not the only one here who's had that experience. Also, you realize that grown-ups are allowed to have different opinions, yes?

Actually, I met Andre, his wife, and, at that time, his very young son, in May of 1998 while on vacation in Maui.

I ‘interacted’ with him at various times over 4 straight days.  He was extremely cordial, was very willing to talk, and had no problems autographing my Bills jersey, “To ‘The Senator’ Best Wishes, Andre Reed# 83”

(I guess maybe he got a little annoyed when folks just would not stop coming up to him, taking a seat on his wife’s lounge chair, and talking his ear off - who wouldn’t?)

10 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Actually, I met Andre, his wife, and, at that time, his very young son, in May of 1998 while on vacation in Maui.

I ‘interacted’ with him at various times over 4 straight days.  He was extremely cordial, was very willing to talk, and had no problems autographing my Bills jersey, “To ‘The Senator’ Best Wishes, Andre Reed# 83”

(I guess maybe he got a little annoyed when folks just would not stop coming up to him, taking a seat on his wife’s lounge chair, and talking his ear off - who wouldn’t?)

You're the first person I've heard from that's had that experience.

18 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Ok, that was a great reference—and you and I both know Al coulda been somebody if he hadn’t shacked up with Peg—that game proved it. :D

but again, we don’t have much else to post bragging pics of, so...

and speaking just for myself, JK was my football hero who could do no wrong in my eyes growing up, so of course I’m inherently biased and I realize that. 

So funny you post that today because I saw a pic from Little Giants posted on a 90's Nostalgia Facebook post today and the best comment was "I always thought that's how Al Bundy's life would've played out had he never met Peg" :lol:.......I'm assuming you have seen the movie but if not for reference point Ed O'Neil plays a hot shot former football star who owns a car dealership and is the coach of the best pee wee football team in the district.  Classic stuff Image result for Coach O'Shea Little Giants

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 6/2/2019 at 9:58 AM, mrags said:

If I was Marv, I would have tried to deny it all too. Considering he’s at fault for not being able to wrangle his kiddos into bed the night before the biggest game of their lives. We should all blame Marv for not winning that’s SB because he was a terrible babysitter. 

IIRC, we had already lost SB XXV to NYG, and that presser was about a separate incident early the following season - something about Bruce’s alleged substance abuse.

And that’s how Marv was - maybe we could have a separate thread entirely of Marv losing his cool and cussing out the refs.  

Anyway, the post doesn’t offend me, because Marv was defending a player, and I’m pretty sure the guy Marv was tearing a new one was Jerry Sullivan.

JMO

(I didn’t see that Talley post - guess it was deleted, but I’ll suppose that one was about the bar fight Talley got into in LA just before SB XXVII.)

Edited by The Senator
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I met him once. Nice guy to me and the people I saw him interacting with over an evening. And seeing as how he’s not here to defend himself from your anonymous and unprovable accusations, I can only judge you. 

5 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I met him once. Nice guy to me and the people I saw him interacting with over an evening. And seeing as how he’s not here to defend himself from your anonymous and unprovable accusations, I can only judge you. 

Vaguely ominous, and yet, unsatisfying. Tell me, BM, do you believe I really care if you judge me?

In 2016 Theresa Villano, Andre's agent, contacted me about Andre appearing at our venue (Jimmy's Old Town Tavern).

We of course said yes and said if he had an opening weekend of our annual tailgate it would be great.

Jimmy had previous met Andre at the roast for him in Buffalo with Scott Norwood.

He, Scott Norwood and Thomas Smith were there

Andre was very personable, very unlike how I thought he acted when he was briefly on Washington roster, but maybe the years mellowed him.

We are reaching out on behalf of Bills Great Andre Reed, NFL Hall of Famer, Class of 2014. Andre would love to connect and collaborate with Bills fans across the country this NFL season while raising awareness for the Boys and Girls Clubs of America. 

With this being said, would you be interested in having Andre make an appearance at your venue in Virginia and treat your Bills fans to a meet & greet one Sunday this season? Thanks for your time and we look forward to hearing back soon!

Andre.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Yeah. I’ve had multiple run ins with Andre and I can say in my experience he was a huge prick. And I’ve heard countless stories from others that have similar stories. 

We all have different phases in life. Some days are better than others. It is what it is from day to day, and I’ll try not to judge. Preach over. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3

On 6/2/2019 at 7:41 PM, vorpma said:

Go away! This board is for adults and Bills fans; I sure don't give a sh**! And get off your high horse!

As an adult I can tell you Jim Kelly and Andre Reed had issues off the field dealing with Laurie Lisowski. Maybe Jim still holds a grudge.

58 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

As an adult I can tell you Jim Kelly and Andre Reed had issues off the field dealing with Laurie Lisowski. Maybe Jim still holds a grudge.

Your a class act, throwing the ladies name out there; considering this happened over twenty - years ago and really applies to football I can see your obsession with it! By the way, there is a world out there, try it sometime! 

12 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Vaguely ominous, and yet, unsatisfying. Tell me, BM, do you believe I really care if you judge me?

Quite evident you have very little pride and you suffer from obsession with Andre Reed!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Your a class act, throwing the ladies name out there; considering this happened over twenty - years ago and really applies to football I can see your obsession with it! By the way, there is a world out there, try it sometime! 

Quite evident you have very little pride and you suffer from obsession with Andre Reed!

^this guy :lol:

2 hours ago, vorpma said:

Obsession? Not hardly but it was worth noting that Kelly and Reed have a history of bad blood, am sure it's gone by now but I was just putting it out there that it might not is all. 

I understand people have different opinions about these players.  Personally, when playing Tasker was rude as hell to my sister who arranged a signing event at Wegmans and she is used to being around big names as she is high up at Wegmans, but my interactions with him were very cordial and friendly.

As far as Andre, he held the door for me going into the Big Tree when I attempted to do the same for him when he and his wife were still dating and he had stopped and had a nice 5 minute conversation with me when he could have blown me off.  That same night Thurmond who comes across like a nice guy was rude as hell.  Maybe he was in a bad mood, or hurting from the previous game.  Then in 2011 we had a National Sales Meeting in Beverly Hills (Medical Device Industry), and our team building exercise was a chili cook off from each of the Regions.  It was fun, and he was the guest judge. 

He was with the VP’s and my Director brought me up to him and said “this is the biggest Bills fan in the Company”.  We spoke for 10 minutes, and of course talked Bills.  He was very down to earth, and then later he had to judge our chili (we lost -shocker with the knuckleheads I worked with at the time). Anyway, a friend said, why don’t you call you’re sons and see if Andre could chat with them.  He. Thought was a great idea and b/c it was 9pm EST they were getting ready for bed.  He spent 15 minutes talking football with Ian and Ryan (my sons and sent them an autographed pic of him).  He made two little boys very happy that night.

i realize everyone has a different reactions to the old players, but he went out of his way for my sons and people were pulling him to other places, but he told them to wait so in my eyes, he is a good person.  I don’t doubt anyone else’s interactions, as I have the same feelings about a past Buc in Warren Sapp.  He is by far the biggest jerk and ass I’ve ever met, and has treated so many people I am close to including my wife when his first baby was born so I understand.  I know he’s not a Bill, but some players are pretentious with fans.

On 6/3/2019 at 5:51 PM, BillsPride12 said:

So funny you post that today because I saw a pic from Little Giants posted on a 90's Nostalgia Facebook post today and the best comment was "I always thought that's how Al Bundy's life would've played out had he never met Peg" :lol:.......I'm assuming you have seen the movie but if not for reference point Ed O'Neil plays a hot shot former football star who owns a car dealership and is the coach of the best pee wee football team in the district.  Classic stuff Image result for Coach O'Shea Little Giants

giphy.gifDon’t forget the Bruce cameo!

• Awesome! (+1) 1