the Boys getting together with Bruce to talk playing days

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

As well as more balanced, particularly on defense...

Blame the Vikings for that stacked Dallas team. That Herschel Walker trade may have been one of the most one-sided deals in football history.

18 players and draft picks in total. It was robbery pure and simple and sent a Viking team that was thinking SB run to the basement while catapulting Dallas to a team stacked with quality draft picks that few could hang with.

Our Bills just happened to be the best AFC team and ran into a buzz saw.

8 hours ago, Drey said:

1) Why does Andre never show up for these things?

2) To Bruce:  Why are you wearing a bib?  What are you, a toddler?

I think Andre lives in San Diego...across the country...Talley used to live in Atlanta...may be he has moved to Buffalo. 

"Unfortunately, most people tend to associate this spiritual phrase with being emotionally cold and unfeeling.But true non-attachment is quite the opposite: it allows us to live in this world fully, without being attached to people, things or thoughts that create suffering.

As the Dalai Lama was once quoted to have said, “Attachment is the origin, the root of suffering; hence it is the cause of suffering.” But we don’t have to sell everything we own and become monks or nuns to practice non-attachment; we simply need to understand the vital importance of letting go."

https://lonerwolf.com/non-attachment/

"Non-attachment is not about being a cold or emotionally dead brick wall, instead, it’s about learning how to let go of the thoughts and emotions that create suffering. Once we can stop being so attached to our thoughts, we experience tremendous relief, inner peace, and a pervading sense of joyful well-being.

So how do we let go of our thoughts and emotions? We must learn to observe and disentangle ourselves from our thoughts through practices such as mindful awareness, meditation, and self-inquiry. When we can simply allow life to unfold naturally without being attached to outcomes, beliefs, feelings or opinions, then we experience true non-attachment. Picture this process of detachment like being an ice cube that slowly melts down into a puddle of flowing water. Water, like the practice of non-attachment, flows with life effortlessly and peacefully, whereas ice cubes do not. The goal of non-attachment, therefore, is to become like water."

7 minutes ago, Hurricane said:

That was a long ass time ago... 

And? Have we had anything worthwhile to replace them with since, that we can put on a “new fresh” pedestal? 

I’m hopeful we get that this year, I love Josh Allen and will split my avatar pic as soon as we make the playoffs with him, but until then, let me revel in our past glory as much as I jolly well please. :beer:

28 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Not a damn thing.   If you're a fan of team that always comes in 2nd place.

As opposed to our long history since then of as Sully is fond of putting it, “heroic marches to 7-9...” Which would you rather enjoy? 

3 hours ago, vorpma said:
17 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

And? Have we had anything worthwhile to replace them with since, that we can put on a “new fresh” pedestal? 

I’m hopeful we get that this year, I love Josh Allen and will split my avatar pic as soon as we make the playoffs with him, but until then, let me revel in our past glory as much as I jolly well please. :beer:

As opposed to our long history since then of as Sully is fond of putting it, “heroic marches to 7-9...” Which would you rather enjoy? 

And? Yeah... Everytime the organization posts picks of our past glory it reminds me of Al Bundy and his 4tds in a single game for Polk High... H

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Hurricane said:

And? Yeah... Everytime the organization posts picks of our past glory it reminds me of Al Bundy and his 4tds in a single game for Polk High... H

Ok, that was a great reference—and you and I both know Al coulda been somebody if he hadn’t shacked up with Peg—that game proved it. :D

but again, we don’t have much else to post bragging pics of, so...

and speaking just for myself, JK was my football hero who could do no wrong in my eyes growing up, so of course I’m inherently biased and I realize that. 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Thank you (+1) 1

No reason to hate on the old guard that played their collective behinds off for Buffalo and showed incredible endurance  to be able to get back up off the mat year over year and climb back up that hill—if there’s any blame to go around as to why they’re still so much in the conversation a generation on, place it at the feet of Wilson rest his soul, and the terrible coaching and FO hires that doomed this franchise for record setting stretches since we last won a playoff game, eh?

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

awww, poor gugny is upset, they couldn't win just one. what a pity and damn them all to hell.

He really needs to be a fan of a team who has never been there.  Jacksonville is gungy so he just fits there.  I hope he enjoys cursed the team from the hot tub.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I'd rather not say that coming close is good enough.

7 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

No reason to hate on the old guard that played their collective behinds off for Buffalo and showed incredible endurance  to be able to get back up off the mat year over year and climb back up that hill—if there’s any blame to go around as to why they’re still so much in the conversation a generation on, place it at the feet of Wilson rest his soul, and the terrible coaching and FO hires that doomed this franchise for record setting stretches since we last won a playoff game, eh?

I don't think it's that, at least not for me, brother.

For me, it's like I want the Bills to stop using these guys like helicopter parents. Quit forcing interactions between the new guys and the old old old guys. The game is radically different between then and now. Quit adding that layer of expectation to these new guys, let them stand or fall on their own, you know what I mean?

it's ok to honor them as fans, I get that. I just want the organization to stop dragging them out as some kind of example of what the team IS.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'm not a "gotta win at all costs, or you aren't worth anything" kind of guy.  That would be extreme.  I'm not an extremist.

I am, however, a "if you want to act like you're God's gift to the earth, you better have earned that label," kind of guy.  They failed to do that.  That's all I"m sayin'.

I'm wondering if you can give us some examples of the God's gift thing? What did one, or perhaps the entire team, do to you? Were you personally snubbed? Were you assaulted? Did they crash your 3rd birthday party?

What of the God's gift comment? In what way? They are infrequently in the news. They love Buffalo. They haven't killed anyone.

Bill Buckner wouldn't have survived as a Bills player. Steve Bartman would have been crucified were he a Bills fan, literally crucified.  That first SB loss, to me, rests on Marv's lap.  Great motivator, ahead of his time in team building, a mediocre coach. Can't we simply leave it at that?

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

I'm wondering if you can give us some examples of the God's gift thing? What did one, or perhaps the entire team, do to you? Were you personally snubbed? Were you assaulted? Did they crash your 3rd birthday party?

What of the God's gift comment? In what way? They are infrequently in the news. They love Buffalo. They haven't killed anyone.

Bill Buckner wouldn't have survived as a Bills player. Steve Bartman would have been crucified were he a Bills fan, literally crucified.  That first SB loss, to me, rests on Marv's lap.  Great motivator, ahead of his time in team building, a mediocre coach. Can't we simply leave it at that?

How could Steve Bartman catch a foul ball at a football game?

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Bob Seger. 

The path to enlightenment and the Dalai Lama.

Al Bundy. 

Chicago Cubs lore.

Herschel Walker. 

Bill Buckner. 

Eternal damnation. 

And thats just on one page.  A Bills fans heart is a deep ocean. 

don't judge me bro

23 hours ago, K-9 said:

Thanks. I had Berchtold pegged but had no idea that was Wolford. 

With Berchtold there, how long before every intimate detail of that conversation is leaked?

Bruce looks kinda small in the picture.  I suppose it is an optical phenomena but he just looks small.