the Boys getting together with Bruce to talk playing days

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

They made mistakes that first SB. Even they'll admit it.  Out too late, too much partying.  Belichick wouldn't have tolerated it. Of course on the other side of the argument the Raiders won SB's doing this.

I agree, you get 4 bites at the apple and can't win 1 that's sad.

Yep, the Raiders were legendary partiers and did just fine. The Bills mistakes in Supe 25 were on the field. Primarily, the defense didn’t show up and let the NYG play keepaway. On offense, they should have run the ball more vs DB heavy personnel groupings. The Giants were an elite level team that year on D, and their meeting with the Bills just a month earlier was a low scoring affair. Most would say the Bills should have had that one, especially having the last possession. They wasted time on that drive and needed just another decent gain or two to have it in the bag. Perhaps they could have emerged victorious in one of the other 3 SBs , but they weren’t the superior team in any of those. If they had managed to land Ted Washington in the ‘91 draft it may have been enough to get them a win vs run heavy WAS or DAL teams. 

Where’s the board moderator who is usually quick to close threads for far less??... The Levy video doesn’t belong here... and the shot at Talley in an early reply was despicable... Disappointed with this thread...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Believer said:

Where’s the board moderator who is usually quick to close threads for far less??... The Levy video doesn’t belong here... and the shot at Talley in an early reply was despicable... Disappointed with this thread...

The second thing was very low class. If people were kinder...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Believer said:

Could not agree more; sometimes quite the double standard on TBD!!!!

3 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Could not agree more; sometimes quite the double standard on TBD!!!!

Tried to fix it. Too often, threads get hijacked out of control before the OP can return to it.

Anyway, I think it’s a cool story, another HOF Bill gets ‘A Football Life’ video made and everybody most fans would have loved seeing this group as they went out for dinner on a Saturday night.

Small wonder it wasn’t pre-announced, given the responses here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Chandler#81 I trust and follow my brother! My War Memorial Brother!!

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Tried to fix it. Too often, threads get hijacked out of control before the OP can return to it.

Anyway, I think it’s a cool story, another HOF Bill gets ‘A Football Life’ video made and everybody most fans would have loved seeing this group as they went out for dinner on a Saturday night.

Small wonder it wasn’t pre-announced, given the responses here.

Chandler#81 I trust and follow my brother! My War Memorial Brother!!

4 hours ago, mrags said:

Yeah. Nobody will ever Admit it because of their unwavering love for that team. Facts are facts tho. 

I just want to know if you are the REAL Shooter 

I've long de-canonized that team. I catch a lot of grief for it, but I'd like to see them all quietly go away.

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I've long de-canonized that team. I catch a lot of grief for it, but I'd like to see them all quietly go away.

They will once this current team wins it all...then the current group of player will become our new heros.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Why, they provided the most football entertainment Buffalo has ever seen; can we "decanonize" you ans the others? Never figure you guys out!

2 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Why, they provided the most football entertainment Buffalo has ever seen; can we "decanonize" you ans the others? Never figure you guys out!

Because, in the end, they didn't win a title. And yet, they act like they did. And some of them, like Andre, are just garbage human beings, that's why. Don't have to agree with it, don't care if you do.

11 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

They will once this current team wins it all...then the current group of player will become our new heros.

The old guys are like an albatross around the necks of the new guys. Bills need to move on as a franchise.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Because, in the end, they didn't win a title. And yet, they act like they did. And some of them, like Andre, are just garbage human beings, that's why. Don't have to agree with it, don't care if you do.

The old guys are like an albatross around the necks of the new guys. Bills need to move on as a franchise.

Here is a suggestion, go sit in your room and get mad then have a good cry!! Talk about garbage human beings, I'd like to judge some of you, go away and get over it! Okay haplessbillsfan and EDS, throw me off again, I'm sick of this BS!

11 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Perhaps, unless the young guys use it as motivation to do something in Buffalo no one else has been able to achieve...and seeing the type of competitor that JA is, I have no doubt that it’s on his mind.

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Here is a suggestion, go sit in your room and get mad then have a good cry!! Talk about garbage human beings, I'd like to judge some of you, go away and get over it! Okay haplessbillsfan and EDS, throw me off again, I'm sick of this BS!

What's this all about?

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Perhaps, unless the young guys use it as motivation to do something in Buffalo no one else has been able to achieve...and seeing the type of competitor that JA is, I have no doubt that it’s on his mind.

I think it just adds an unnecessary and avoidable layer of pressure know what I mean?

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

What's this all about?

You tell me? You made accusations against the 1990's Bills, called Andre Reed garbage, and basically insulted the team; you tell me!!!

1 minute ago, vorpma said:

You tell me? You made accusations against the 1990's Bills, called Andre Reed garbage, and basically insulted the team; you tell me!!!

Have you ever dealt with Andre or his family? I have, and it wasn't pleasant. And I'm not the only one here who's had that experience. Also, you realize that grown-ups are allowed to have different opinions, yes?

Guys- It’s a nice pic from an old team who brought a lot of joy to us back in the day.  I’m happy for Bruce getting a football life episode. There is nothing around the neck of the new guys.  They will build their own memories.

lets get away from the negativity and attacks as a nice piece on Bruce’s career.  I’m sure it will be done well.  I wish Andre was there, but he does spend a lot of time in San Diego, so maybe just not in the cards.  He always carried himself well to me even personally in the handful of times we spoke.  Happy for Bruce and what happened years ago is just that, years ago.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Have you ever dealt with Andre or his family? I have, and it wasn't pleasant. And I'm not the only one here who's had that experience. Also, you realize that grown-ups are allowed to have different opinions, yes?

Yes I do, but Andre's personal life is his, Andre's football life is ours; get it!!!! Like politics, it has it's own forum and if you did deal with Andre on a personal level, you just might be violating professional ethics, understand?