Heavyweight Title Fight Last Night

plenzmd1

Just watched your link.

Dig it.

Is Lil Gordita the first Mexican heavyweight champ ever?

I loved it! Phug, if it didn't hurt so bad getting punched in my big nose......LOL!

I just looked it up. Yes, Ruiz is the first M Mexican heavy weight champion, ever! Nice!

Edited by BUFFALOKIE
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I do not follow boxing at all but found this morning on my feed. Worth watching, lots of fun for a heavyweight bout..and i do mean HEAVYWEIGHT!!!!!

Boxing is dead. While you were watching the clips of the slugfest you missed the clips of the slapfest. Check the arms of the knocked out 

slapper. So much for conditioning. :ph34r:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=russian+slap+contest&view=detail&mid=D72B3095D8475FAE446BD72B3095D8475FAE446B&FORM=VIRE

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Thanks for the link. Haven’t seen Joshua before — unimpressive.  Never seen a champ that anxious to get out of a fight or that happy to have it over.  

yea, he sure looked like he wanted out...and that smile at the end had me wondering about mayhaps some people he owed or knowed had money on the outcome!

1 hour ago, Needle said:

Massive upset and would have been an enormous story in another era. Boxing is dead unfortunately and it's a blip on the radar. It's a shame

Yup.  In the 80s (before PPV), watching a heavyweight bout was something the entire family looked forward to.  Personally, too many egregiously rigged fights finally made me lose my love for the sport.  I was an avid boxing fan (all weight classes) for all of the 80s and much of the 90s.

The Roy Jones Jr., Olympics rig job in 1988 was the beginning of the end for me.  I held on as long as I could, but finally I'd had enough.  That and the ridiculous PPV prices drove me away.

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Yup.  In the 80s (before PPV), watching a heavyweight bout was something the entire family looked forward to.  Personally, too many egregiously rigged fights finally made me lose my love for the sport.  I was an avid boxing fan (all weight classes) for all of the 80s and much of the 90s.

The Roy Jones Jr., Olympics rig job in 1988 was the beginning of the end for me.  I held on as long as I could, but finally I'd had enough.  That and the ridiculous PPV prices drove me away.

Olympics are a different level of corruption.  

The occasional bad decision didn’t bother me  as much as the bogus officiating in the NFL.

But the combo of PPV and lack of talented, colorful fighters really took a toll.

• Like (+1) 1