1 underrated Buffalo Bills player to watch at each position in 2019 | Who could shake up the roster?

40 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

Kevin Johnson could make an impact.  As a former first round pick who has been limited by injuries, he may finally be healthy enough to show what he can do. Early reports out of camp have been positive as well. 

I agree...if all goes well he has some talent.

2 hours ago, H2o said:

I think Sills could turn out to be a gem as a UDFA and cut into some people's playing time once the pads are on. 

I really liked bringing Sills in, but he needs to hurry and get back before he falls behind.  Didn’t he pull a hammy?  Hopefully it doesn’t linger as pulled hammys sometimes do.

Trent Murphy has had 1 good season and then got hurt. He's had more time to heal physically and psychologically. If Frazier is being honest, Murrphy looks more confident in his knee. I hope we see the improved Trent Murphy soon. Then again, Shaq's playing for a new contract.

Tommy Sweeney was said by one pundit to have the best hands in the draft. We'll see if he can get open then. Maybe Kroft's broken foot won't hurt so much after all. Some very young talent at TE. Who will step it up? Knox has impressed early on.

I'd love for Kevin Johnson to follow in Jerry Hughes' footsteps and become the player everyone thought he'd be. Once he signed with the Bills, Hughes was so much better. What a gift that would be.

Maybe the 1 new arrival that intrigues me most is Devin Singletary. His size and speed aren't scary, but neither were Thurman's. This kid has an amazing ability to see the field and react quickly and smartly to maximize his attributes. I doubt they'll have to coach him up much when it comes to toteing the rock. He has good instincts and lots of twitch. 

And let's not forget Spencer Long who is also a 'done it before' guy that's just needed more healing.

Edited by GreggTX

4 hours ago, White Linen said:

"Many 53-man roster spots have been locked down entering this season, but there’s always a few surprises in store come September. Which current Bills players could win a starting job or secure a spot on the roster? Here’s one underrated player to watch at every position."

Trent Murphy?  How would that be a surprise if he starts and why would that be underrated?  

PEDs, injuries, and Lawson in a contract year. Star showed up ad did his job and this board hates him. Murphy stole a paycheck all year and somehow this board loves this guy. 

It would be nice to get a pass rush from him. But best case scenario is he plays well enough to really push Lawson to excel.

33 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

PEDs, injuries, and Lawson in a contract year. Star showed up ad did his job and this board hates him. Murphy stole a paycheck all year and somehow this board loves this guy. 

It would be nice to get a pass rush from him. But best case scenario is he plays well enough to really push Lawson to excel.

I'd have to disagree.  Most don't love him, most think he got a head scratching contract from us and needs to stay healthy.  He's a guy that when healthy, can put pressure on the QB.

Star on the other hand, IMO, was overrated.  I've shown multiple times he didn't do his job well.  He's an average player and he got huge money.  

16 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Weak concept. To do 1 underrated player at every position is poor planning from the get go 

Yup. Why not go into it thinking what 3 "new" players could make a difference on Offense?  Next article defense. Next article ST.  By going with all positions you (the writer) have forced yourself into talking about all positions.

If Tyree Jackson shakes up the roster it would have to be at a position other than QB where he's firmly entrenched in battling for his professional career.

15 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

People here don't hate Star, they hate Star's contract. Which is very pricey. I agree with you that Star does his job, and there are fans that complain about him too much.

I wouldn't say that this board loves Murphy so much either, but rather they are encouraged by the idea that he could be 100% healthy this year.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, White Linen said:

I'd have to disagree.  Most don't love him, most think he got a head scratching contract from us and needs to stay healthy.  He's a guy that when healthy, can put pressure on the QB.

Star on the other hand, IMO, was overrated.  I've shown multiple times he didn't do his job well.  He's an average player and he got huge money.  

No doubt Star was paid too much. Same for Murphy, Ivory, Lee Smith, and Morse. 

Morse is a significant upgrade but no one thought he was worthy of the highest paid C in the league. But  that is what happens with tons of cap space around the league. 

20 hours ago, CommonCents said:

All the Sills talk makes me bonkers, he isn’t making the team. He looks like he missed every leg day since he left the womb. 

This really made me lol. I thought the same thing when I saw the pics from OTAs.

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

No doubt Star was paid too much. Same for Murphy, Ivory, Lee Smith, and Morse. 

Morse is a significant upgrade but no one thought he was worthy of the highest paid C in the league. But  that is what happens with tons of cap space around the league. 

I'm happy with the Morse money and I think Ivory was paid about what he should have been.  On the surface, I thought the L. Smith contract was high but it appeared there was plenty of competition for his services.  Overall, I think we're spending our money wisely.

On 6/1/2019 at 11:42 AM, Clyde Smith said:

I’m going with Kevin Johnson or Sweeney.

I am going with Sweeney as well...I did not include KJ because he is a former 1st round pick

Sweeney is in the "best of what is left 7th round" but the guy has great size, hands, and blocks

I really think our top TEs (I have not gotten a chance to watch Kroft much) are our rookie TEs

• Awesome! (+1) 1