Stadiums with the Most Expensive Food and Drink

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

As part-owners, they would probably be more willing to spend more money on their team rather than see it go into someone else's pockets.  And as part-owners, they get a vote in price increases.

The Packers priced their tickets the way any other team would--based on the market demand.  They are not anomalous in that way, therefore. 

Anyway, the "community ownership" is a misnomer.  Anyone who buys "shares" in the team is basically just giving a donation,  They don't own anything.  The share is worthless.  They have no say on any decisions made by the team, which are exclusively made by an executive committee.  So no, they don't get a vote on price increases.  All they get is a receipt   for their generosity.

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

preaching to the chroir brother..I just have never purchased anything to eat in the stadium..and i been going since the joint opened. Dog could cost $30, or $1...still aint buying one!

@OldTimeAFLGuy, maybe its just me but most of these prices seem quite reasonable to me. $5 a beer at a stadium? Sign me up! $100 for a bottle of Jack? That about $7 a drink. 

^^^ This 100%.  Plus the food and beverage is delivered to you.  No standing in massive lines.  

7 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

^^^ This 100%.  Plus the food and beverage is delivered to you.  No standing in massive lines.  

...cannot argue that point......however, you are a captive audience in our suite (holds 20) yearning for food and beverage, noting you cannot bring stuff in...so essentially, you're caught "between ta rock and hard place" as far as what suite service wants to charge....if they raise beer to $150/case, booze to $150/bottle or wings/munchies to $150/per order, what can you do?....nothing...it goes with the suite territory....BUT...build a new stadium with significant price increases for the suite and trimmings will force us out which also holds true for fellow suite holders we know....as a sad aside, once the Bills are "officially out of it" historically, we have to BEG people to go to a game totally at OUR expense.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

On 6/1/2019 at 10:31 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...want to choke?......suite prices (we have a corporate one): $125 for a case of beer.....$100 for chicken wings and the same for most munchies.......$24 for freakin' M&M's......$30 for a six pack of water.......bottle of liquor is $100+ depending on brand...Game Day costs us $1,200-$1,500 before tailgating chow ($500)and limo bus ($1,080).....100 grand a year.....

Wow that is insane!

6 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

i think its the quantity thing..if they said 12oz beer is $5..you would prolly say cool..not getting ripped off and that's a reasonable price!

But $125 for a case that costs $18 in the store..that is the sticker shock.

A bottle of wine that costs $10 is often 5 times that price in a restaurant setting, so it’s not that far off. Can’t exepect retail or close to retail pricing in a stadium situation. 

5 hours ago, Doc said:

As part-owners, they would probably be more willing to spend more money on their team rather than see it go into someone else's pockets.  And as part-owners, they get a vote in price increases.

But it does go into someone else’s pockets. Shares of the Green Bay Packers do not include any equity,  pay any dividends or increase in value. It’s a token “ share “ of stock , really.  Around 5 million shares of this “ stock” have been sold. 

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Packers priced their tickets the way any other team would--based on the market demand.  They are not anomalous in that way, therefore. 

Anyway, the "community ownership" is a misnomer.  Anyone who buys "shares" in the team is basically just giving a donation,  They don't own anything.  The share is worthless.  They have no say on any decisions made by the team, which are exclusively made by an executive committee.  So no, they don't get a vote on price increases.  All they get is a receipt   for their generosity.

The Packers have sold-out every game since 1960 and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future, seeing as how they have 38,000 (season ticket holders) seats sold every game out of 81,000 seats available, and their waiting list is over 130,000.  Where they set prices depends largely on what the league wants them to charge, knowing they sell out every game.  But as prices rise, people will drop their seasons, only to have others take their places. 

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

But it does go into someone else’s pockets. Shares of the Green Bay Packers do not include any equity,  pay any dividends or increase in value. It’s a token “ share “ of stock , really.  Around 5 million shares of this “ stock” have been sold. 

It money goes into running the team. 

Stopped buy anything when beers clipped $10. Our 9-person group barely spends anymore, unless its for outrageous water on a hot day. The problem is that every penny of every sale is split so many ways so everyone profits that it's ridiculous. Bills get some, Delaware North gets some, County gets some, state probably as well. Always laugh when I visit a stadium somewhere else and can get way better beer, cheaper. 

All I've ever paid for is the ticket to get in.  I haven't been to many games over the years, but when I do go, I eat before I get there, and the men's room is still free.

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

All I've ever paid for is the ticket to get in.  I haven't been to many games over the years, but when I do go, I eat before I get there, and the men's room is still free.

There are many ways around having to buy food at the stadium. 

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....as a sad aside, once the Bills are "officially out of it" historically, we have to BEG people to go to a game totally at OUR expense.....

Shoot!  With prospects for the coming year, I guess I won’t be buttering you up for a late season freebie.

8 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

preaching to the chroir brother..I just have never purchased anything to eat in the stadium..and i been going since the joint opened. Dog could cost $30, or $1...still aint buying one!

@OldTimeAFLGuy, maybe its just me but most of these prices seem quite reasonable to me. $5 a beer at a stadium? Sign me up! $100 for a bottle of Jack? That about $7 a drink. 

I can tell ya this, if they would sell me a case of Gennies or Blues cans in a case with ice for $125 and i could keep under my seat..sold!!!!! I prolly even tip the dude $20!

Honestly, the scaling of getting a case of anything in a stadium is going to look absurd. 24 beers and 8 slices of pizza would be a fortune anywhere in the stadium but split across 20 people, it’s relatively standard issue. Hearing $100k for the suite sounds equally jarring but $5k per person and $500 per person per game isn’t cheap but I bet it’s less than most would expect once reframed.

if you picked a full row of decent seats and tracked the spending of 20 people in it all season... well... you figure out real fast how it becomes a $9B industry 

On 6/1/2019 at 5:14 PM, Buffalo30 said:

It will be the downfall of man someday.  More money, more power and too often more corrupt.  Haven't been to a game in years.  Probably won't for several more.  I like the game but the business is owned by a bunch of old bags of greed that I'd rather not support.  

The real money is in the TV deals, so if you watch on TV you're supporting them more than you think.

4 hours ago, Doc said:

The Packers have sold-out every game since 1960 and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future, seeing as how they have 38,000 (season ticket holders) seats sold every game out of 81,000 seats available, and their waiting list is over 130,000.  Where they set prices depends largely on what the league wants them to charge, knowing they sell out every game.  But as prices rise, people will drop their seasons, only to have others take their places. 

It money goes into running the team. 

What the league wants them to charge?? Lol wtf?

You went off the rails quicker than usual doc.