Stadiums with the Most Expensive Food and Drink

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

A lot of people here used to seem to assume the ownership  was  keeping the ticket prices low (below market price), as an act of altruism.  That was always incorrect.  

Winning will increase demand and then price.  

Wrong. They’ll still stay low. Again the market won’t bear much higher and you can stay home and see them for free.

29 minutes ago, Doc said:

Wrong. They’ll still stay low. Again the market won’t bear much higher and you can stay home and see them for free.

The more attractive the ticket the higher the price will be to the people that want to go. 

Pricing for tickets isn't dictated by people that will just stay home.  

38 minutes ago, Doc said:

A few playoff seasons won’t increase demand for tickets??

Do they not televise home games in the Giants/Cowboys/Packers/Redskins/patriots markets?  

1 hour ago, Doc said:

More like you're hoping they stay low. When the new stadium comes along tickets will be more in line with the league average. The Bills average price will is $70 but when the new stadium comes it will be closer to $100

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

no more $greedy$ than ins companies, cable/internet, phone contracts, hell there really is no such thing as fair marketing in anything.

at the end of the day, you either have it or you don't. you want to play, you pay. nfl games along with everything in general these days is not for the poor man or even the middle class.

$greed$

$greed$

$greed$

Which is a reason to appreciate the Pegulas. They've made some bad choices but they will spend to fix mistakes. We're lucky to have free spending owners.

10 hours ago, White Linen said:

The more attractive the ticket the higher the price will be to the people that want to go. 

Pricing for tickets isn't dictated by people that will just stay home.  

It's also not dictated by just how the team does.  Sure if they start winning prices may go up a but, but the average fan in Buffalo can't afford substantial price increases and now with no blackout rule, they can stay home and see the game for free. 

10 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

A few playoff seasons won’t increase demand for tickets??

Do they not televise home games in the Giants/Cowboys/Packers/Redskins/patriots markets?  

The Giants, Cowboys and Redskins are among the highest ticket prices annually despite rarely making the playoffs.  Their markets can support higher prices.  The Packers are an anomaly since they're community-owned.

9 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

More like you're hoping they stay low. When the new stadium comes along tickets will be more in line with the league average. The Bills average price will is $70 but when the new stadium comes it will be closer to $100

LOL!  Why would I hope they stay low, sparky?

As for a new stadium, that might raise prices, but then again, that's to cover the expense of the stadium, not team performance.  But I'll wait to see if they do actually build a new stadium.

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's also not dictated by just how the team does.  Sure if they start winning prices may go up a but, but the average fan in Buffalo can't afford substantial price increases and now with no blackout rule, they can stay home and see the game for free. 

The Giants, Cowboys and Redskins are among the highest ticket prices annually despite rarely making the playoffs.  Their markets can support higher prices.  The Packers are an anomaly since they're community-owned.

LOL!  Why would I hope they stay low, sparky?

As for a new stadium, that might raise prices, but then again, that's to cover the expense of the stadium, not team performance.  But I'll wait to see if they do actually build a new stadium.

The ability of fans to watch their home team on TV at home has had no effect on the steady annual rise in NFL tricked prices across the board.  So it's not worth mentioning.

The Packers are not  a wealthy market yet their ticket prices are in the top 12.  It's not because they are "community owned", it's because they have a massive waiting list for season tickets.  Their stadium configuration also allows them to cram in more people (no seats), without which they could get even more per ticket. Plus the winning...

48 minutes ago, Doc said:

The Redskins have been promoting the fraud that they have a multi-year waiting list. That lie has been burst a few years ago. They not only don't have a waiting list they are now having trouble selling tickets and filling the stadium. They have taken out seats and sections in the stadium because it has become too embarrassing when the empty seats are prominently on display during the telecasts. Also, because of the revolt of the fan base mostly directed toward the despised owner the organization has  taken initiatives to sell tickets to the opposing fans. When the Skins play the Cowboys half the stadium is full of razzing Dallas fans. It has gotten so bad for this Snyder regime that it had to resort taking people to court when season ticket holders attempted to opt out of their extended season ticket commitments. 

15 hours ago, Gugny said:

If you're eating at the concession stands, you're tailgating with the wrong people.

preaching to the chroir brother..I just have never purchased anything to eat in the stadium..and i been going since the joint opened. Dog could cost $30, or $1...still aint buying one!

want to choke?......suite prices (we have a corporate one): $125 for a case of beer.....$100 for chicken wings and the same for most munchies.......$24 for freakin' M&M's......$30 for a six pack of water.......bottle of liquor is $100+ depending on brand

@OldTimeAFLGuy, maybe its just me but most of these prices seem quite reasonable to me. $5 a beer at a stadium? Sign me up! $100 for a bottle of Jack? That about $7 a drink. 

I can tell ya this, if they would sell me a case of Gennies or Blues cans in a case with ice for $125 and i could keep under my seat..sold!!!!! I prolly even tip the dude $20!

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The ability of fans to watch their home team on TV at home has had no effect on the steady annual rise in NFL tricked prices across the board.  So it's not worth mentioning.

The Packers are not  a wealthy market yet their ticket prices are in the top 12.  It's not because they are "community owned", it's because they have a massive waiting list for season tickets.  Their stadium configuration also allows them to cram in more people (no seats), without which they could get even more per ticket. Plus the winning...

A couple bucks rise a year isn't much of a hit.  And while I'm sure they would increase prices a few dollars more than they otherwise would have if the team starts winning, a large increase will have an effect on ticket sales, especially now when they have the option to stay home and watch for free. 

As for the Packers, they had a huge waiting list during the dead years of the 70's and 80's.  They'll still have one when they become a bottom-feeder again after Rodgers is gone.  Again they're an anomaly and the issue is scarcity.

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

preaching to the chroir brother..I just have never purchased anything to eat in the stadium..and i been going since the joint opened. Dog could cost $30, or $1...still aint buying one!

@OldTimeAFLGuy, maybe its just me but most of these prices seem quite reasonable to me. $5 a beer at a stadium? Sign me up! $100 for a bottle of Jack? That about $7 a drink. 

I can tell ya this, if they would sell me a case of Gennies or Blues cans in a case with ice for $125 and i could keep under my seat..sold!!!!! I prolly even tip the dude $20!

...sounds reasonable.......if you have a captive audience in a suite, expect to pay more for the convenience.......but it is a bit of sticker shock......

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sounds reasonable.......if you have a captive audience in a suite, expect to pay more for the convenience.......but it is a bit of sticker shock......

i think its the quantity thing..if they said 12oz beer is $5..you would prolly say cool..not getting ripped off and that's a reasonable price!

But $125 for a case that costs $18 in the store..that is the sticker shock.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

i think its the quantity thing..if they said 12oz beer is $5..you would prolly say cool..not getting ripped off and that's a reasonable price!

But $125 for a case that costs $18 in the store..that is the sticker shock.

...imagine what Jurrah would charge you at his mausoleum.....:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Doc said:

A couple bucks rise a year isn't much of a hit.  And while I'm sure they would increase prices a few dollars more than they otherwise would have if the team starts winning, a large increase will have an effect on ticket sales, especially now when they have the option to stay home and watch for free. 

As for the Packers, they had a huge waiting list during the dead years of the 70's and 80's.  They'll still have one when they become a bottom-feeder again after Rodgers is gone.  Again they're an anomaly and the issue is scarcity.

Well, you got that part right.

But what does the Packers' being community owned have to do with their bing in the top 12 for ticket prices?

50 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well, you got that part right.

But what does the Packers' being community owned have to do with their bing in the top 12 for ticket prices?

As part-owners, they would probably be more willing to spend more money on their team rather than see it go into someone else's pockets.  And as part-owners, they get a vote in price increases.

6 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

$800 for a suite sounds cheap to me. Or do you just mean food and drink?

That’s the food and drink tab each game. So for the 41 home games looking at about $33k for nonsense. He really just uses it for staff, family and a few business associates. 

• Like (+1) 1