Who goes up on the Buffalo Bills “Wall of Shame”

6 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...seriously?....he was a hitless 5th round (NO) wonder........let 'em sail off into obscurity......

He opened the season as our starter after getting picked 5 times in a half. The entire country laughed at us as we tried to convince people that he could play. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Each single season matters.  The fact that McDermott and Beane went into that season with Peterman as “the plan” was simply a piss poor strategy.   

And??   It didn't work out so they quickly moved on to another plan.

I guess we're all supposed to stay worked up about it for another five years.  

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He opened the season as our starter after getting picked 5 times in a half. The entire country laughed at us as we tried to convince people that he could play. 

Gruden wasn’t laughing! He saw opportunity! 

On a related note, I have also thrown a football in my lifetime. I’m waiting for a call....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Are you forgetting Tom Donohoe, Marv Levy as the GM, Ralph for his choices for hires ( yes I love Ll the good he did here, but he is culpable for this drought as well ), and Greg Williams?  Then we could also add Chan as well, but he was given a severely limited roster.

Sure put Donahue up there... Marv was not really a GM.  He was more of a figurehead.  Also he was a product of Ralph’s terrible hiring decisions.

I won’t put Willams or Chan on the Wall.  They were not good coaches for HC but really never should’ve been hired in the first place

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

Each single season matters.  The fact that McDermott and Beane went into that season with Peterman as “the plan” was simply a piss poor strategy.   

They also went in with TT as part of “ the plan” and many on here found that meal palatable.

Peterman sucked but he was fools gold. I’ve never seen a Bills QB look so consistently good in practice and awful in live situations.

Everyone is on a learning curve, let’s hope McBeane learned about what not to do QB-wise from now on.

1 hour ago, Buffalophil1948 said:

Don't really think it would have been that close a score where 1 trick play would beat us. 

I do!

Flutie was a warmed over dog turd arm strength-wise. 

We lost that game on a BS call.

There are many bad players, but I am trying to exclude ones like Losman and Manuel who sucked but gave an honest effort.

My all time worst-

Vontae Davis-Not only did he do the unthinkable and walk from the team in the middle of the game,  generate disrespect and scorn from many players in the NFL  including non Bills , but a couple of months later, took part in a fanduel commercial on "why he walked away" like it was a cutesy thing.   As if he did not learn a damn thing and was shameless enough to grab a few more bucks out of it.   I hope that the money from the commercial was invested well, because I have a feeling that he will never make a cent from the NFL again after that stunt.

Others

Aaron Maybin- Held out, yet would have been considered a bust even if he was a 7th round pick..  On the list of many recent poor draft picks for the bills, this is the worst

Nathan Peterman- OK, maybe he tried, but he was so bad that he made us pine for the days of Manuel, view an off the street  washed up out of retirement career backup in Derek Anderson as an upgrade and see Matt Barkley as a potential savior.

Kelvin Benjamin-Could have become the number one but mailed it in to the point where legends such as Kailen Clay and Ray Ray Mcloud were getting more looks than him.

Darwin Walker-Who remembers this?  A solid up and coming lineman for the eagles  Was traded for Takeo spikes and seen as a perfect rebuilding block.   Unfortunately he did care to be in buffalo and held out to the point where we gave him to the bears for just a 6th round pick

The "consider the alternative" section

Terrell Troup- Back injuries stopped him before he started.   Can't fault him for that, but when you consider that local prospect and future NFL hall of famer Rob Gronkowski was there and projected by many to be Buffalo's 2nd round pick was passed over, this one hurts.

TJ Graham-Why pick a pro bowl QB in Russell Wilson when you can trade up and reach for a receiver projected to go in the 5th round?  Worked out as expected

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 2

Stealing checks all day, Shawne DeAndre Merriman. Certainly fit his nickname of “Lights Out,” as while here in Buffalo, the curtain certainly dropped without much of anything worth seeing from his Act II. While we’re at it, let’s throw Buddy up there with him for that and so many other worthy moves.

14 hours ago, billsfan5121 said:

There are certainly many players that could work, but Davis has to be the guy.  That’s embarrassing.  

I also think Trent Edwards belongs, if for nothing else, that 4th down play at the end of the Packers game in 2010.  I don’t remember the details but I vaguely remember it being a 4th and long and he either threw it for a couple yards or ran out of bounds for a couple yards?

Peterman did something similar vs the Bears last year.  He will get nominated 100 times so I won’t bother 

Rob Johnson was the first to make that play infamous.

Kyle Orton for bailing out short of the first down.

Ronnie Harmon for not only dropping a late TD pass in a playoff game vs Cleveland, but then trying to blame it on Kelly’s pass.

Mike Gilislee and maybe the entire 2016 kickoff return team for not picking up the ball in the end zone and letting the Jets grab it for a TD.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Mario most definitely lived up to the hype. Rex destroyed the defense.

Mario was awesome. He absolutely lived up to the hype. We got multiple seasons worth of elite level production out of him.

Rex came along and made everyone on defense angry. Yes, Mario should have sucked it up and played his best. That's on him, but let's not forget that he was a slam dunk free agency pick up for a few years.

• Like (+1) 3

Image result for Doug Whaley

"I wasn't privy..."

I still can't believe at one point this was our GM and Rex Ryan was our head coach. It feels like a bad dream but unfortunately, it was all too real. 

Edited by The Jerk
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, dgrochester55 said:

There are many bad players, but I am trying to exclude ones like Losman and Manuel who sucked but gave an honest effort.

My all time worst-

Vontae Davis-Not only did he do the unthinkable and walk from the team in the middle of the game,  generate disrespect and scorn from many players in the NFL  including non Bills , but a couple of months later, took part in a fanduel commercial on "why he walked away" like it was a cutesy thing.   As if he did not learn a damn thing and was shameless enough to grab a few more bucks out of it.   I hope that the money from the commercial was invested well, because I have a feeling that he will never make a cent from the NFL again after that stunt.

Others

Aaron Maybin- Held out, yet would have been considered a bust even if he was a 7th round pick..  On the list of many recent poor draft picks for the bills, this is the worst

Nathan Peterman- OK, maybe he tried, but he was so bad that he made us pine for the days of Manuel, view an off the street  washed up out of retirement career backup in Derek Anderson as an upgrade and see Matt Barkley as a potential savior.

Kelvin Benjamin-Could have become the number one but mailed it in to the point where legends such as Kailen Clay and Ray Ray Mcloud were getting more looks than him.

Darwin Walker-Who remembers this?  A solid up and coming lineman for the eagles  Was traded for Takeo spikes and seen as a perfect rebuilding block.   Unfortunately he did care to be in buffalo and held out to the point where we gave him to the bears for just a 6th round pick

The "consider the alternative" section

Terrell Troup- Back injuries stopped him before he started.   Can't fault him for that, but when you consider that local prospect and future NFL hall of famer Rob Gronkowski was there and projected by many to be Buffalo's 2nd round pick was passed over, this one hurts.

TJ Graham-Why pick a pro bowl QB in Russell Wilson when you can trade up and reach for a receiver projected to go in the 5th round?  Worked out as expected

Interesting that you pick guys who were drafted and did nothing wrong themselves.  They simply tried to be pro players.  Is it not on the respective GM’s for picking them?

• Like (+1) 1