Who goes up on the Buffalo Bills “Wall of Shame”

On 6/1/2019 at 10:29 AM, billsfan5121 said:

There are certainly many players that could work, but Davis has to be the guy.  That’s embarrassing.  

I also think Trent Edwards belongs, if for nothing else, that 4th down play at the end of the Packers game in 2010.  I don’t remember the details but I vaguely remember it being a 4th and long and he either threw it for a couple yards or ran out of bounds for a couple yards?

Peterman did something similar vs the Bears last year.  He will get nominated 100 times so I won’t bother 

Bledsoe threw the ball away against the Eagles on 4th down when the game and the playoffs was on the line.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/1/2019 at 10:22 AM, BuffaloBill said:

Ok so it’s the boring part of the offseason so let’s talk about who goes up on the Buffalo Bills “wall of shame.”  

Keep in mind great players or coach who did something bone-headed at some point are eligible. 

Let me start by nominating Billy Joe Hobart for his famous lack of preparation and failure to know the playbook. 

You should make this an annual nomination. And to kick it off, put 3 or 5 up there. Then maybe top 2 every year. Use the votes. Have 2 categories, one for individual play and another for player overall.

On 6/1/2019 at 9:33 AM, BuffaloBill said:

Actually McDermott and Beane could go up for believing that Peterman was a capable NFL QB and not having any other viable options on the roster besides a rookie. 

WOW as much as i love what the 2 of them are doing with the team & how they are building it's real hard to argue that point because that was a colossal miss on evaluating that guy !!

But from what little bit i've heard from Oakland he has sold Gruen on how good he is doing out there which will be the guys last chance because if he does the same thing there in games that he did here the NFL will bury him in the unemployment line !! 

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

it will never be anything but "too soon" with Maybin

As excited as Ed looked this year to be drafted by the Bills Maybin at first glance the yr he was drafted looked as disinterested that he was chosen by the Bills & for that he is my all time bust/worst player the Bills ever had or will, he from the minute they called his name was such a phony attitude i felt he was full of S**T from the first look to his last days here !!

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, T master said:

As excited as Ed looked this year to be drafted by the Bills Maybin at first glance the yr he was drafted looked as disinterested that he was chosen by the Bills & for that he is my all time bust/worst player the Bills ever had or will, he from the minute they called his name was such a phony attitude i felt he was full of S**T from the first look to his last days here !!

he was more interested in finger painting and feeding goldfish

any interviewer worth 1% of his or her paycheck would have found this out after the second question asked of him

10 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am going to nominate the combo of Marv Levy/Dick Jauron. They ruined this team starting with the 2006 draft and it set us back for many, many years. :(

bringing Marv back was easily one of the 3 most cynical moves by a going concern entity in my life, to date

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/1/2019 at 7:46 PM, Rocket94 said:

And Flutie got us there! What was he thinking!

He was thinking that Flutie was horrible down the stretch and RJ was lights out in the seasonal finale. Or he didn't have a choice and Ralph made him play RJ. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

He was thinking that Flutie was horrible down the stretch and RJ was lights out in the seasonal finale. Or he didn't have a choice and Ralph made him play RJ. 

Flutie never did a thing in the NFL playoffs

botched getting handed the 86 Bears, who hated him about 30 minutes after he got the #1 gig, possibly a better team than the prior years SB champ.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Flutie never did a thing in the NFL playoffs

botched getting handed the 86 Bears, who hated him about 30 minutes after he got the #1 gig, possibly a better team than the prior years SB champ.

I believe that Ralph Wilson pressured him!

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I believe that Ralph Wilson pressured him!

with the Bears?  they let Dexter Manley jump offside and hammer Doug and didn't even bother to help him up, let alone retaliate

especially after McMahon was taken out with an all-time cheap shot earlier in the season

For me:

Richie Lucas

Mike Williams (seems to be the 'father' of the drought.  Gentle giant).

John McCargo (poster child for a generation of screw ups)

Torrell Troupe (due to the Gronk factor)

Ronnie Harmon (due to the drop)

Bryce Brown

Dick Jauron

Russ Brandon ("builders", or should we call them "wreckers" for this?)

Edited by May Day 10

I was referring to the Music City Miracle. I will be honest with you, I never followed Flutie and the Bears. I live in Chicago now...I like the Bears, but I am a Bills fan.

Edited by Rocket94