Who goes up on the Buffalo Bills “Wall of Shame”

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Mario most definitely lived up to the hype. Rex destroyed the defense.

Imo for a 6 year deal at the time that was the biggest contract ever for a defensive player, I expected a little more.  He was okay his first year, good the next 2 years, then Rex happened.

Agree on Rex ruining things but still doesn't excuse Super Mario for giving up.  

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Imo for a 6 year deal at the time that was the biggest contract ever for a defensive player, I expected a little more.  He was okay his first year, good the next 2 years, then Rex happened.

Agree on Rex ruining things but still doesn't excuse Super Mario for giving up.  

Yup.  He became frustrated with the defense and his lack of effort showed on the field.  Here's a breakdown by Prisco at the time.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/after-further-review-heres-the-proof-that-mario-williams-quit-on-the-bills/

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Excellent choice as a person but Hank Bullough and Kay Stephenson were by far worse as coaches.

Many, hell most who post on TBD will never know how bad these two were and the really bad days of the franchise; at least during the drought we scored points, won games, and still had a shot in early November!!! These two coupled with Harvey Johnson and Stew Barber in the front office... enough said!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, billsfan5121 said:

There are certainly many players that could work, but Davis has to be the guy.  That’s embarrassing.  

I also think Trent Edwards belongs, if for nothing else, that 4th down play at the end of the Packers game in 2010.  I don’t remember the details but I vaguely remember it being a 4th and long and he either threw it for a couple yards or ran out of bounds for a couple yards?

Peterman did something similar vs the Bears last year.  He will get nominated 100 times so I won’t bother 

Trent once extended the ball out in traffic to get it to the first down marker. Of course, the play didn’t stop like it was a TD.....and the Dolphins (I believe) just took the ball away from him. It looked kind of like he was handing it over to them. First time playing football? Priceless moment.

But it’s hard to top quitting at halftime! 

Edited by Augie

Ronnie Harmon 

Kyle Orton ( Think I’ll go fetal instead of going for that first down)

2002 Bills Defense

Tom Bresnahan - an O- Line coach getting a black eye from a receivers coach/ shameful!!!

Edited by Buffalo Boy

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Ronnie Harmon 

Kyle Orton ( Think I’ll go fetal instead of going for that first down)

He had heart!!!

He just didn’t waste it on football......

23 minutes ago, BoccesOnTransit said:

Josh Allen does NOT approve. 

• Haha (+1) 1

James Hardy.  Most receptions in Hoosier history ended up in stories as illiterate, and embarrassingly flopped with the Bills over 3 games and 7 more in Baltimore.  Found dead in a river by his home, mostly speculated as a suicide, but nothing official.  Bad pick, but sad story.  Just b/c you don’t make it in the NFL doesn’t mean you end you’re life.

The only loser here from a football stance is another bad decision in the draft without vetting the talent properly.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Looked like Tarzan

Played like Jane

The 1st time I ever heard that said was by Coach Dickerson on WGR commenting on Leif Larsen, a man who will always be the trivia answer to "who did the Bills draft in the 6th round 5 picks before NE took Tom Brady".