Josh Norman A Potential June 1 Cut...Would The Bills Be Interested?

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Why in the hell would we consider a very high priced CB now? We already have 5 starting caliber CB’s under contract. 

This is ridiculous.

...LOL.....with today being June 1, better fasten your seatbelt for 37 similar threads...stay tuned..............

• Haha (+1) 1

Well he should never have gotten that big deal anyway. He's not that good. Definitely a scheme guy.

I bet someone will pay him more than we are willing to.

• Like (+1) 1

I hope we at least talk to him. If he is cut, he wouldn't have that big contract to deal with. We could negotiate a team friendly contract, something Beane is pretty good at. Plus Gaines and Johnson have been injury prone throughout their careers. The fact that Norman excelled in McDermott"s defense leads me to believe they will at least talk to him if he is cut. I would love the move. 

• Like (+1) 1

Buffalo is so deep at CB right now 4-5 deep, nickel quality or better.

Johnson looks better already and had the talent to be drafted high

Levi Wallace was a steal last year as an UDFA

EJ Gaines is an excellent compliment to Tre when he was here and healthy, using him at nickel or dime may reduce his chance of injury and you have started quality at nickel then

Don't forget Taron Johnson

all of this and of course Tre White locking one side down.

No need. KC, Pitt, Houston all usually need CB help

Been a really long time since he was good in Carolina, got that fat contract from Washington and it didn’t take long to figure out it was Carolinas scheme as much as Norman’s talent. He is NOT an elite corner, he is a corner who had a couple nice seasons on one side of the field. He can’t line up and cover anyone he needs a particular side of the field to work on. That said we don’t need him, don’t need his mouth. Maybe he’s got some playing left to do somewhere but I for one hope it’s not in buffalo. 

On 5/31/2019 at 8:12 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s crazy how fast time seems to go for these Corners. One minute they are the young, shut down, big money corner and the next they are the cap casualty guy you're wondering if you should take a chance on. 

Bri, you nailed it.  I was thinking that too the last few times that these corners get cut.

On 5/31/2019 at 9:13 PM, formerlyofCtown said:

I actually like what we have currently.

You dont even mention Wallace.  He played very well last year and he is currently the 2nd corner not the guys you mentioned.

cuz i forgot his name. : (                   and was lazy ......... 

But i meant the depth of competition
Bills have seemingly nice  depth AND versatility  at CB.

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/1/2019 at 1:10 AM, Doc Brown said:

His best seasons came under Carolina's scheme as man on man press coverage is not his strength.  Having an elite secondary would give our average pass rush more time to get to the QB.  I'd at least incquire if I was Beane to see if the price is right.

even though  I have no interest. Beane should always pick up the phone. Or have someone on his staff inquire  sometimes you find a deal that makes sense.
But think Bills can continue to infuse youth into the secondary and will be fine.