Josh Norman A Potential June 1 Cut...Would The Bills Be Interested?

According to good old Mike Florio from PFT, Josh Norman could be a Cap casualty if Washington can’t get him to restructure.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/31/could-josh-norman-be-a-post-june-1-cap-casualty/

If this happens, do you see the Bills taking a shot at brining him to Buffalo?  He’s 31 years old but can still serve as a capable starter for a few seasons.  There are many connections why I think this move would make sense:

Brandon Beane was likely involved in the selection of Norman in Carolina. 

Norman excelled in McDermott’s defense and his best years came in his defense.  Carolina wasn’t the same team when they let him walk.  

Norman knows the defensive scheme we’ll and is a good process guy.

I

My guess is if he is a june 1st cut a team would be willing to sign him to a decent multi year deal.

However the bills will definitely be rumored for him on a 1 year deal, and I wouldn't hate it 

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

Nope. Let him go to Cleveland with the rest of the queens. 

I think its against nfl policy to place the same team on hard knocks twice in a row but if Norman signed with the browns its must see tv

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

My guess is if he is a june 1st cut a team would be willing to sign him to a decent multi year deal.

However the bills will definitely be rumored for him on a 1 year deal, and I wouldn't hate it 

Lots of teams need corners much more than the Bills - Chiefs come to mind. I could see them going after him. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lots of teams need corners much more than the Bills - Chiefs come to mind. I could see them going after him. 

Definitely see many teams interested, why I think he will have multi year good money deals offered

What I am thinking is if Norman wants one season to put up great numbers then sign another big contract our bills will be an attractive option to him. He knows the coach and the system helped get him paid originally

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad
  • Like (+1) 1

Seriously?  Zero interest in this type of ‘me’ player who will sow disharmony and act like he’s underpaid from the day he walks in the door.

Let another stupid team like Washington make that mistake again,

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I think its against nfl policy to place the same team on hard knocks twice in a row but if Norman signed with the browns its must see tv

Definately...rumored? Sounds like Hillary at a cyber defense commencement....

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/31/2019 at 7:55 PM, H2o said:

Nope. Let him go to Cleveland with the rest of the queens. 

This. He will cost too much for what we would get in return. Cleveland is doing what the Redskins used to do. Add every high profile FA you can get and pray the chemistry works.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Still a good player, but Buffalo is getting excellent value from their CBs.  All of them are reasonably priced.  I think Norman would throw things out of whack with his big contract.  I'd rather keep the players we have and do some judicious contract extensions as their current deals get closer to the end.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

According to good old Mike Florio from PFT, Josh Norman could be a Cap casualty if Washington can’t get him to restructure.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/31/could-josh-norman-be-a-post-june-1-cap-casualty/

If this happens, do you see the Bills taking a shot at brining him to Buffalo?  He’s 31 years old but can still serve as a capable starter for a few seasons.  There are many connections why I think this move would make sense:

Brandon Beane was likely involved in the selection of Norman in Carolina. 

Norman excelled in McDermott’s defense and his best years came in his defense.  Carolina wasn’t the same team when they let him walk.  

Norman knows the defensive scheme we’ll and is a good process guy.

I

I live in the MD/DC area so am familiar about the commentary about him. The Skins want to move on from him. At this stage in his career he is a diminished player whose play doesn't match his salary. He's not a bad guy but I don't see him as a McDermott guy. The wrestling coach wants his DBs to tackle. That's not what he is about or interested in doing. He is more of a yapper. No thank you.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If Washington is not interested in keeping him... 

or

Bills cannot have too many decent corners ..

i see the reasoning but

i vote no.

Johnson and Gaines are worth working through. Next year we draft one if Kevin Johnson cannot play up to our needs. Gaines is injury riddled.

Buts Bills might have a gem or two from last year : )

Edited by 3rdand12