Bills Today: Camp Countdown: No. 2 - Three reasons why Josh Allen's game will take a big leap forward

3 2 weeks until rookies report to camp 

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/camp-countdown-no-17-three-reasons-buffalo-s-special-teams-should-be-noticeably-

Camp Countdown: No. 17 - Three reasons Buffalo’s special teams should be noticeably improved

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

So 61 days till Christmas lol?  

Once I got older I found Christmas in general to be stressful and a pain.  Now though the 1st Sunday of the NFL season= XMas morning as a kid for me.  

I hear ya--it's important to take a step back in that season and just try to be present in the moment with your loved ones as a priority, easier said than done though. 

• Like (+1) 1

In a word, Buffalo’s turnover margin in 2018 was subpar.

A year after ranking seventh in the league in turnover margin at plus-9, Buffalo fell back to Earth in 2018 ranking 23rd with a margin of minus-5.

The figure had less to do, however, with Buffalo’s defense than their struggling offense. In fact, the Bills defensive unit notched two more takeaways in 2018 (27) than they did in 2017 (25). The problem was all the giveaways with the instability at the quarterback position. Buffalo quarterbacks threw 23 interceptions last season, good for the second-highest total in the league.  ...... 

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/camp-countdown-no-7-three-reasons-why-there-should-be-a-takeaway-spike-in-2019

Good things!!!

I think the title should have said 

Three reasons why there should be a takeaway differential spike in 2019   over 

Three reasons why there should be a takeaway spike in 2019

it would be more truthful

One thing that will also help generate more turnovers is an effective pass rush, and finish! Hughes was unlockable, but as it has been discussed time over, there was no one to finish, in turn the QB escaped. Having guys like Oliver, and more seasoned Phillips (both of them), we should be able to force more QBs into mistakes.

Add a healthy Milano and a more seasoned Edmunds and things are going to be very interesting for this defense. Enough so that I think it will help mask the continued learning curve of Allen an the offense.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

One thing that will also help generate more turnovers is an effective pass rush, and finish! Hughes was unlockable, but as it has been discussed time over, there was no one to finish, in turn the QB escaped. Having guys like Oliver, and more seasoned Phillips (both of them), we should be able to force more QBs into mistakes.

Add a healthy Milano and a more seasoned Edmunds and things are going to be very interesting for this defense. Enough so that I think it will help mask the continued learning curve of Allen an the offense.

that is just as exciting 

I would like to give thanks to the scheduling gods, who somehow made it possible for me to not have to stream until the Bills play the Cheatriots in week 4, and possibly even week 5 since the Jests are on a bye in week 4!  I am on NYC scheduling, for me this is a goldang miracle!

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/camp-countdown-no-2-three-reasons-why-josh-allen-s-game-will-take-a-big-leap-for

1. Improved accuracy

One of the biggest knocks on Josh Allen’s game as a rookie was his passing accuracy. His completion percentage of just over 52 percent in 2018 didn’t do much to quiet the naysayers. However, during spring practices there was clear improvement in Josh Allen’s ball location.

“Ball placement is huge, especially in this league,” said Allen. “The type of concepts that we have, trying to get the ball to our playmakers where that can make some plays. That was a huge emphasis, we’re still working it. That is something that will never change, you always want to try to work on ball placement. Every day you come out, it’s kind of a new thing and sometimes the ball comes out of your hand a little bit differently. You have to make adjustments and understand what your body is trying to tell you and try to go with it.”

On the whole, Allen’s ball location was significantly better than where it was last season during OTAs and minicamp. He was not only hitting receiving targets in stride, so they could make plays after the catch, but he was also putting the ball on a receiver’s proper shoulder.

3 days late 

7 more Sundays