OBJ missing Cleveland OTAs

59 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How much did he help the Giants win acting this way?  How many times did they make the playoffs again?  How much did he improve team chemistry?  How often was there no drama around him again?

This aint baseball, team chemistry and culture matter a lot. 

so would that mean it’s unlikely that attending this week noticeably changes his ability to contribute but you really don’t like him and are borderline drunk on the culture koolaid?

4 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

I am ruined.

Rolls Royce. The epitome of Coachbuilding across the universe, has built and SUV.
That's what Land Rover is for. Britain has lost its collective mind by now.

Thats an SUV? Looks more like a really expensive Chevette or Honda Civic Hatchback.....

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Cleveland radio today was already talking about how Dorsey is a genius so could get a lot in a trade and should pull the trigger before his toxicity spreads. Summer in Berea. 

What radio show?

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Browns = House of cards.

Probably the truth.  I doubt a first year HC in Freddie Kitchens keeps that team on the same page.

4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

he's been busy with the final touches on his rolls.

AR-190528035.jpg

"all about me"

d5a6bb9ccc13f6d8f7c8fa397a882930

I really didn't think it was possible for a Rolls Royce to be ugly; I guess you learn something new all the time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

TB12 has skipped OTAs for...how many years straight?

One, I think. They made a big deal about him missing it last year because he has never missed it before.

2 hours ago, batmanfreek said:

It’s a job.  He already knows how to play.  Otas are like the meeting that should have been an email or the synergy team building that really doesn’t make a difference.  He will show up when he has to and be ready. 

Well, he does have to learn the new offense. And he does have to build chemistry with the QB. No sugar coating it that he is now behind. Whether that means anything come the season, we'll see.

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

His coach, apparently. If you can’t take the heat stay outta the Kitchens!

The coach could use a little less time in the Kitchens...wonder when that baby he is carrying is due? Looking like its gotta be pretty soon...

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

so would that mean it’s unlikely that attending this week noticeably changes his ability to contribute but you really don’t like him and are borderline drunk on the culture koolaid?

The question about how much his attendance can contribute to the wins is a nebulous one which had no answer. You cannot answer the reverse either. But, directionally, it is tough to argue against  more playing time in a new offense, different QB, different coaches and team will help more than hurt. Also, a player can break something at any point of the off season. That also is not a strong enough argument in favor of him skipping. I know you always favor the player side of an issue but OBJ should be out there with his team mates building camaraderie. And that is not drinking any Kool aid. It's just a fact of team sports

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NoSaint said:

How many more games would they win with him there this week?

How many more would they lose if all their vets did the same thing?

found this interesting.

(summary) 

commentator believes Manning can still make all the throws. He is very good at reading the D but had a terrable habit of forcing the ball to ONLY obj. He also showed objs on field temper tantrums when he wasn't getting the ball. 

Makes you wonder how much pressure and bad decision making is put on the qb when these divas are squeeling for stats every game and undermining you if they dont get them. 

if a sb champion veteran qb is under constant pressure to throw to a single target (covered or not) how will a young qb handle it? as of now he seems to be defending the fact obj has better things to do then be on the same field building chemistry with him. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

TB12 has skipped OTAs for...how many years straight?

Big difference between a QB who’s been in almost the same system for 19 years, 41, and allows the new draftee to get some playing time, vs. a WR in a new system, new teammates, 2nd year QB, and a brand new coach.  

He he doesn’t even know the system yet.  I’m no fan of Brady as I can’t wait for him to retire, but the two situations are not remotely the same.

10 hours ago, JohnC said:

When has OBJ given a shiit what others think? The truth of the matter is that he not showing up for these voluntary sessions have nothing to do with how he will perform in the regular season. There is more than enough time in the mandatory sessions for him to be ready for the season. Again, when you bring in a self-centered diva you get a self-centered diva. What's the surprise? 

OBJ cares a lot about what others think. 

None of this matter if Cleveland wins. If they don’t win Kitchens will have his hands full. 

6 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

The question about how much his attendance can contribute to the wins is a nebulous one which had no answer. You cannot answer the reverse either. But, directionally, it is tough to argue against  more playing time in a new offense, different QB, different coaches and team will help more than hurt. Also, a player can break something at any point of the off season. That also is not a strong enough argument in favor of him skipping. I know you always favor the player side of an issue but OBJ should be out there with his team mates building camaraderie. And that is not drinking any Kool aid. It's just a fact of team sports

I don’t alway but I’m not going to ride a guy for missing some voluntary practices. And I only ask the question because of the assertion he doesn’t care about winning. Clearly posters saying that must think his attendance this week effects wins and losses. But are we talking a game? 3? Maybe a game every few seasons? 

I think this this is one where fans ride a guy because we crave the opportunity to create a story but think the impact of this move is much more akin to josh Allen stepping out of bounds vs taking a hit 5 yards shy of the market early in a game in September. Does he break two tackles, surprise with a season defining TD and it become a season defining moment? Maybe? It’s possible but I’m 100% on board with him stepping out.

Maybe they find an interesting idiosyncrasy they can exploit in a big moment here, but even if it results in an extra catch or two, odds are they aren’t terribly impactful for a guy that’s proven he can do it and will do the work to be ready. 

We like big storylines. There aren’t many coming out of Memorial Day. So we create them. 

6 hours ago, jabu said:

How many more would they lose if all their vets did the same thing?

Im not sure, but I think you might argue our team would be better today if we skipped a practice or two. Did we get good enough in practice to be better than the injury to Kroft?  

Are superstars the same in the discussion or is it riskier with less reward than a UDFA who may see a bigger learning curve in the session and come at less risk? 

Is OBJ not incentived to look great week 1? 

I just dont don’t think a couple hours in May are where the seasons won. For a guy like him it’s a relatively low impact week

I don't care who you are, missing anything when you are going into a new situation, puts you in the backseat rather than in the driver's seat.  To me, he of all people needs to be there.  If this were Landry or someone already familiar with the situation, the playbook, how the practices go so on and so forth, I wouldn't make the same claim.  But because he's going into a new situation, he should be there every damn day.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Foxx said:

is he throwing a tantrum for something?

He just thinks he's so good he doesn't need practice to learn the offense.  Chemistry with his QB?  Who needs it?

• Like (+1) 1