OBJ missing Cleveland OTAs

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree, they knew what they were getting. But Kitchens is the one making it a story. He’s clearly frustrated that he’s missing a lot. And it’s a distraction now, because of his media comments. OBJ cried behind the scenes in NY because he was stuck with a bad QB and dysfunctional organization. He should want to prove after the trade that his less than great couple of years aren’t who he is and that he can leave that in NY. He has a chance to do that, but instead has become a distraction again. Blame the player or blame the coach, but the local and national media will pounce on anything OBJ related. To me, he’s not required to be there, but don’t know why he wouldn’t want to be.

I'm not a fan of OBJ because of his volatility and disruptive antics. I don't believe that McDermott would ever want a player like him on his team. And I salute the wrestling coach for his team oriented standard. It's understandable why the new Cleveland coach would be irritated at his non-appearance. Tough! As selfish as this kooky player is no one should doubt that he won't come into camp in shape and ready to play. The stories that are being generated because of his no-show for non-required sessions are nothing but noise that will be forgotten once the mandatory sessions begin and the season starts. Again, the moral of the story is you get what you get. 

8 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The player in question doesn't give a damnation about what other people think. Think whatever you want. What is the surprise here? The Browns traded for a volatile and self-centered player whose  prior team owner essentially said get this freaking fool/priick out of here.

The player will be at sessions he is required to be at. And he won't be at sessions that he won't be required to be at. He is not transgressing against any rules. He's doing his thing like he has always done his thing. The moral of the story is that you get what you get. If the Browns want players to conform then don't trade for players who have a raucous history of not conforming.

Yes , but he was catching balls from Eli Manning.

i guess we will see how distancing himself from a new team that would love to have some leaders on Offense to rally around

19 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I didnt say it was surprising, I am saying he is just showing it to his new teammates and coaches now.  So much for a fresh start and his whole thing about being outspoken because he wants to win.  Clearly, he doesn't want to win that bad or he would be there.  

How many more games would they win with him there this week?

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

How many more games would they win with him there this week?

You don’t know, that’s the point.  You have a 2nd year QB who is both learning the game and offense still and needs time to build rapport and timing with his receivers.  

Its a bone head move for OBJ to skip them, no defending that IMO.

20 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I didnt say it was surprising, I am saying he is just showing it to his new teammates and coaches now.  So much for a fresh start and his whole thing about being outspoken because he wants to win.  Clearly, he doesn't want to win that bad or he would be there.  

When has OBJ given a shiit what others think? The truth of the matter is that he not showing up for these voluntary sessions have nothing to do with how he will perform in the regular season. There is more than enough time in the mandatory sessions for him to be ready for the season. Again, when you bring in a self-centered diva you get a self-centered diva. What's the surprise? 

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

When has OBJ given a shiit what others think? The truth of the matter is that he not showing up for these voluntary sessions have nothing to do with how he will perform in the regular season. There is more than enough time in the mandatory sessions for him to be ready for the season. Again, when you bring in a self-centered diva you get a self-centered diva. What's the surprise? 

And that self centered Diva act didn’t help the Giants win, actually disrupted team chemistry, hurt the team, and got himself traded over it.  

Maybe it’s time he took a different approach?  

Edited by Alphadawg7

26 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I didnt say it was surprising, I am saying he is just showing it to his new teammates and coaches now.  So much for a fresh start and his whole thing about being outspoken because he wants to win.  Clearly, he doesn't want to win that bad or he would be there.  

The OBJ of today is the OBJ of yesterday. Whether he is wearing a Giant uniform or a Brown uniform he is who he is. I really don't care what bullshiiit words he spouts and I don't give much credibility to any of his acts of sincerity. He is a known quantity. The Browns knew who they were trading for and the Giants knew who they were getting rid of.

The bottom line is that when the season starts he will be ready. Complaining about him not being a team guy makes no sense because he never was a team guy. Who the Browns traded for is exactly who and what they got.   

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And that self centered Diva act didn’t help the Giants win, actually disrupted team chemistry, hurt the team, and got himself traded over it.  

Maybe it’s time he took a different approach?  

You are asking the wrong question? The more meaningful question is why did the Browns trade for a player who was known to be disruptive? It's obvious why. They were enticed by his exceptional football talents. So I have little sympathy for complaints coming out of Cleveland about a player who is behaving as he has always behaved. You get what you get. 

• Like (+1) 1

He's honeymooning with his favorite kicking net.  His actions continue feed his detractors with more talking points.  I can't imagine that the other high value vets that are at OTA's appreciate his absence.  This also doesn't help his case for a contract upgrade which many believe he will eventually pursue. Whether or not he is missing important reps, if his season performance fails to meet expectations, the fans and the press will dump all over him.  

Glad the Bills didn't end up with him.  He's not worth the trouble.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You don’t know, that’s the point.  You have a 2nd year QB who is both learning the game and offense still and needs time to build rapport and timing with his receivers.  

Its a bone head move for OBJ to skip them, no defending that IMO.

So how much are you moving the line on their over under based on missing?!?

And what do you say about his presence if he, say, breaks his foot?

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Lets offer the Browns Zay Jones straight up just to see what they say.

Cleveland radio today was already talking about how Dorsey is a genius so could get a lot in a trade and should pull the trigger before his toxicity spreads. Summer in Berea. 

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

So how much are you moving the line on their over under based on missing?!?

And what do you say about his presence if he, say, breaks his foot?

How much did he help the Giants win acting this way?  How many times did they make the playoffs again?  How much did he improve team chemistry?  How often was there no drama around him again?

This aint baseball, team chemistry and culture matter a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

he's been busy with the final touches on his rolls.

AR-190528035.jpg

"all about me"

d5a6bb9ccc13f6d8f7c8fa397a882930

That's definitely big enough to fit his mini-skirts and tutu's in. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

I'm not a fan of OBJ because of his volatility and disruptive antics. I don't believe that McDermott would ever want a player like him on his team. And I salute the wrestling coach for his team oriented standard. It's understandable why the new Cleveland coach would be irritated at his non-appearance. Tough! As selfish as this kooky player is no one should doubt that he won't come into camp in shape and ready to play. The stories that are being generated because of his no-show for non-required sessions are nothing but noise that will be forgotten once the mandatory sessions begin and the season starts. Again, the moral of the story is you get what you get. 

I don’t think you can say that about Beane and McDermott after they tried to trade for Antonio Brown.  Say what you want about OBJ, but he never bailed on his team like Brown did.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

He sure cares what Colin Cowherd thinks - for some reason