OBJ missing Cleveland OTAs

He will be coming into camp in shape and ready to play. The rules don't compel him to be there so what is the big deal. If he were a younger player who needed to acclimate to the pro game then I can understand the concern. But he is a veteran who simply is preparing for the season in his own way. When the Browns traded for him they knew that he had a diva attitude. So they shouldn't be surprised with his individualistic approach to the team and game. If he plays up to his talents the organization will gladly tolerate his aberrant behavior. If he underperforms then his self-centered behavior will become an issue. Or another way of saying this is you get what you get.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, JohnC said:

He will be coming into camp in shape and ready to play. The rules don't compel him to be there so what is the big deal. If he were a younger player who needed to acclimate to the pro game then I can understand the concern. But he is a veteran who simply is preparing for the season in his own way. When the Browns traded for him they knew that he had a diva attitude. So they shouldn't be surprised with his individualistic approach to the team and game. If he plays up to his talents the organization will gladly tolerate his aberrant behavior. If he underperforms then his self-centered behavior will become an issue. Or another way of saying this is you get what you get.

It was his coach that made it a big deal. He answered the questions sounding pissed off that he wasn’t there, and now they’ve been talking about it all day in between the back and forth over the insipid Mayfield-Cowherd childish ***** 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It was his coach that made it a big deal. He answered the questions sounding pissed off that he wasn’t there, and now they’ve been talking about it all day in between the back and forth over the insipid Mayfield-Cowherd childish ***** 

It may not be a big deal. But if I were a coach, I'd want all my players there. Especially new player as imprortant as Beckham to work with our second year QB 

• Like (+1) 9

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

No, he is not compelled to be there and, yes, he probably will come into camp ready to play. However, he is on a new team and it probably would have been a good idea to show up and interact with his new teammates. In the end, it probably won’t make a difference. But still...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I mean why would he want to have more reps with his brand new QB who's in his 2nd year in the NFL? Why would he want to build on his relationships with his entirely new team around him? Why would he want to have more reps working through an offensive system he's new to? I mean yeah your right whatever happens here in the offseason is meaningless compared to what happens in the season but I don't see why we can't look at things that are happening now and say whether we think they're good or bad.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

I’m sure this isn’t due to anger. The guy just paid to get his car re-done in Browns orange. 

I don’t think it’s due to anger. It’s due to him having more important things to do. He’s a vet, whatever ... but it’s a terrible look when you have a new QB to develop chemistry with and a new offense to learn. It’s a wasted opportunity. If anyone benefits the most from this portion of OTAs, given the limited time available in TC now, it’s the QB/WR group 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/30/freddie-kitchens-odell-beckham-missing-a-lot-the-offense-at-otas/

"Odell Beckham Jr. remains away from the Cleveland Browns and the voluntary OTA sessions. He was not in Berea for Thursday’s session, marking the 8th practice in a row the star wideout has missed."

Had i known that he would pull a stunt like this i would never have brought him to a Team. and EXACTLY why i pounded the table no when we were discussed trading for him.

Brand new players Coaches etc over at the Browns. Nice project btw. Willl be watching them a bit.
My opinion is this just sucks fro Browns Fans and rest of team as well.

Boo  !
bad form imho

18 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

No, he is not compelled to be there and, yes, he probably will come into camp ready to play. However, he is on a new team and it probably would have been a good idea to show up and interact with his new teammates. In the end, it probably won’t make a difference. But still...

as Coach you cannot Long term Team build with this kind of person player.

you go over the Top with a guy like this, and everyone loves you for it.
not rebuild a team kinda guy .

(see Bills ) for the right way to do it

: )

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

he's been busy with the final touches on his rolls.

AR-190528035.jpg

"all about me"

d5a6bb9ccc13f6d8f7c8fa397a882930

I am ruined.

Rolls Royce. The epitome of Coachbuilding across the universe, has built and SUV.
That's what Land Rover is for. Britain has lost its collective mind by now.

• Like (+1) 2