Bills UDFA Tyrel Dodson Arrested Last Weekend on Domestic Violence Charge: Updated 6/8 with 911 Call (by StHustle)

JoeF

4 hours ago, StHustle said:

http://m.tmz.com/2019/06/06/nfl-tyrel-dodson-frantic-911-call-assault-girlfriend/

I usually give guys the benefit of the doubt til the conclusion of a police investigation and while not as powerful as video evidence, this 911 call recording is pretty damning.

I believe her story 100% and think the Bills should waive him immediately. Almost every adult in here has had too many drinks at some point in their life but to assault and rob your girlfriend is inexcusable behavior and indicitive of more issues to come. I'm not happy this guy is still a Bill and I expect his release soon.

Alcohol is a legal drug. Not making excuses for his behavior, but just look how some people begin to act after some drinks. Women start peeling clothes off, people get aggressive... want to fight, direct traffic! When you abuse women it is a different story.

Edited by Rocket94

A crying girl calling 911 isn't proof.  Something sounds a bit strange to me because of the safe thing.  I'd be interested to know if it was open,or did he have the key or code - will he claim the money was his and they used her safe to keep it in.  

49 minutes ago, JohnC said:

He has a right to a fair hearing like any other player in the league. Do you know exactly what happened based on a 911 call? Because I certainly don't.  The NFL isn't a court but that doesn't mean that it should make a determination before the facts of this case are examined. 

We have legal rights, and those legal rights do not include the right to an employer to have to hire you.

Cut him.  If the legal system clears him he can then catch on either with the Bills or elsewhere.

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Open and shut case? She is very believable? How do you know what exactly happened? How about interviewing the parties involved and doing an investigation? How about interviewing some friends of hers and him who know more about their relationship as to whether it is an abusive one. 

I'm not giving anyone the benefit of the doubt about this situation. I just don't know. If you feel that you have enough information to make a fair judgment then you have talents beyond most. Sometimes the morality police have a tendency to drive with a peddle to the meddle attitude. It might take a little more time but I would put in more effort to get more facts before coming to a conclusion. Even people who you assume are bad guys deserve fairness. 

Where did I say throw the guy in jail? I'm talking being a Buffalo Bill. Did you listen to the tape? Is his girlfriend an Oscar winning actress? For reasons I'm not about to get into, I have a very good sense of when someone is lying or fabricating a story. That call was believable enough to cut an UDFA immediately after it went public. The Bills should not be associated with this. Period.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, White Linen said:

A crying girl calling 911 isn't proof.  Something sounds a bit strange to me because of the safe thing.  I'd be interested to know if it was open,or did he have the key or code - will he claim the money was his and they used her safe to keep it in.  

I actually heard a report about that yesterday. Her report claims it was between 2-6 k, then changed her mind and claimed it was between 8-10k. All the while he claimed it was "their" money. So there's Definately some doubt to this story of being an absolute truth either way as of this point...for whatever that's worth

In fact, Dodson's agent said in a statement that it was only 1k and he returned it to the woman promptly

Edited by BuffAlone

16 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Besides the fact it's a HUGE update to the story that shouldn't be buried pages deep on an old thread. This conversation is specifically about this 911 call. You thread police are quite fun folks.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Where did I say throw the guy in jail? I'm talking being a Buffalo Bill. Did you listen to the tape? Is his girlfriend an Oscar winning actress? For reasons I'm not about to get into, I have a very good sense of when someone is lying or fabricating a story. That call was believable enough to cut an UDFA immediately after it went public. The Bills should not be associated with this. Period.

Stop acting as if you know what the full story is. You don't!  You can believe that you have the special god given talent of knowing if a person is lying or giving an accurate account of the total story but you don't. 

Why the rush to judgment? What's wrong with investigating this case more to get a fuller picture of what happened in this incident? I don't know the full story in this case. And I'm willing to wait for more of the facts to come out before making a judgment because that is the fair thing to do. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Stop acting as if you know what the full story is. You don't!  You can believe that you have the special god given talent of knowing if a person is lying or giving an accurate account of the total story but you don't. 

Why the rush to judgment? What's wrong with investigating this case more to get a fuller picture of what happened in this incident? I don't know the full story in this case. And I'm willing to wait for more of the facts to come out before making a judgment because that is the fair thing to do. 

Somebody trying to get someone else in trouble wouldn't have admitted to striking the other person first. There is alot to it and btw yes YES I have that God given ability. I am right far more than I'm wrong. This isn't the case of a women calling in with a fabricated story. Do I know that 100% no I don't but as I said before guys much more highly regarded than Dodson get released a day after being released. He was given the benefit of the doubt but after this call has become public he should be cut and I believe will be cut within the next few days.

2 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Somebody trying to get someone else in trouble wouldn't have admitted to striking the other person first. There is alot to it and btw yes YES I have that God given ability. I am right far more than I'm wrong. This isn't the case of a women calling in with a fabricated story. Do I know that 100% no I don't but as I said before guys much more highly regarded than Dodson get released a day after being released. He was given the benefit of the doubt but after this call has become public he should be cut and I believe will be cut within the next few days.

The problem isn't when you are right it is when you are wrong. 

I was slow in changing the title of the original thread to reflect the update.  Thanks for finding and posting the link to the 911 call, StHustle.  Now go back to debating if he should be cut immediately or brought to training camp (letting more of due process run its course) and cut during camp....

Edited by JoeF

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

I don't want medical assistance, I just want the money back, he plays football.  

None of those topics could possibly be someone lying. 

Whether he's guilty of anything, or not, it's an enormous red flag that this kind of drama couldn't be avoided at arguably the most important time of his life.

I can't imagine there being LESS drama once he has a steady/hefty paycheck coming in.

I think the NFL ship has sailed for this young man.

16 hours ago, WideNine said:

Somewhat agree, but employment is not fair.

Players (especially undrafted FA's) have to be smarter when it comes to staying out of the headlines for stupid crap like this.

Proven vets get more leeway, but even they have only so many strikes at bat.

He already got paid...