Bills UDFA Tyrel Dodson Arrested Last Weekend on Domestic Violence Charge: Updated 6/8 with 911 Call (by StHustle)

JoeF

1 minute ago, NewCastleFanBills said:

Innocent until proven guilty. Give the kid the right to prove himself.

....probably true, but as a late UDFA signee, the publicity does him NO good.....not like he was a 1st or 2nd.....OBD probably cuts bait versus being associated whether innocent or guilty.....a potential golden opportunity gone....

4 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I am surprised he has not been cut yet.......and innocent to proven guilty is for the legal system, not for employers unless there is a collective bargaining agreement in place that restricts.

...OBD and the "process" will not wait....his "pink slip" is in print due to be issued tomorrow morning..........

http://m.tmz.com/2019/06/06/nfl-tyrel-dodson-frantic-911-call-assault-girlfriend/

I usually give guys the benefit of the doubt til the conclusion of a police investigation and while not as powerful as video evidence, this 911 call recording is pretty damning.

I believe her story 100% and think the Bills should waive him immediately. Almost every adult in here has had too many drinks at some point in their life but to assault and rob your girlfriend is inexcusable behavior and indicitive of more issues to come. I'm not happy this guy is still a Bill and I expect his release soon.

I just listened. We only have one side of the story, lets pump the brakes a bit...

He was physical with her, but she did not ask for medical attention. If he truly wanted to hurt her, i am sure he is more than capable .

Lets be patient and wait for the facts to come out...

• Haha (+1) 1

Wow.  Not good.  Get rid of this guy immediate if the story checks out.  Guy has emotional issues and he can't handle his liquor...threw up on her carpet.

Side question: why keep $10,000 in a safe?  Wouldn't a bank account be a better option?  The money part could have been avoided.

14 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

UDFA who gives a ***** about this guy. He should have been cut the moment the story broke.  He's not worth waiting for due process.

If they think there's merit to the story, and they find it disturbing( which of course they would) then they have every right to cut him. But to say he's not worth due process is bad form. EVERY human is worth due process...even Tyreek Hill

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

I just listened. We only have one side of the story, lets pump the brakes a bit...

He was physical with her, but she did not ask for medical attention. If he truly wanted to hurt her, i am sure he is more than capable .

Lets be patient and wait for the facts to come out...

Many clubs waive players as soon as they are accused of crimes before any evidence is even made public. The Bills already pumped the brakes by not doing just that. However after hearing her side of the story...it's pretty clear she was being honest. I can also tell she only called the police cause he stole her money and keys. What an idiot.

Another issue is that he and his girlfriend are likely back together which means he returned the money and she isn't going to show up in court which will result in all charges dropped. Does that mean the Bills should let him attend training camp? IMO this is an open and shut case. She is very believable on that call.

9 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Another issue is that he and his girlfriend are likely back together which means he returned the money and she isn't going to show up in court which will result in all charges dropped. Does that mean the Bills should let him attend training camp? IMO this is an open and shut case. She is very believable on that call.

Open and shut case? She is very believable? How do you know what exactly happened? How about interviewing the parties involved and doing an investigation? How about interviewing some friends of hers and him who know more about their relationship as to whether it is an abusive one. 

I'm not giving anyone the benefit of the doubt about this situation. I just don't know. If you feel that you have enough information to make a fair judgment then you have talents beyond most. Sometimes the morality police have a tendency to drive with a peddle to the meddle attitude. It might take a little more time but I would put in more effort to get more facts before coming to a conclusion. Even people who you assume are bad guys deserve fairness. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

If they think there's merit to the story, and they find it disturbing( which of course they would) then they have every right to cut him. But to say he's not worth due process is bad form. EVERY human is worth due process...even Tyreek Hill

Exactly.  This is one of the things that makes America the greatest country in the world.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

He is entitled to his day in court if charges are not dropped.

Due process is a legal thing, does not really fall under the same area as code of conduct policies that govern who employers can or cannot let go and for what reasons.

If there is enough "smoke" the Bills do not have to wait for the courts to prove there is a "fire" to cut ties with him and the negative press, and the distraction.

56 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Open and shut?  How do you know?  Not many know the story of what happened in totality.  Hold your horses.  Plenty of time to let him go if need be.  But there might not be a need.  We shall see.

47 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Open and shut case? She is very believable? How do you know what exactly happened? How about interviewing the parties involved and doing an investigation? How about interviewing some friends of hers and him who know more about their relationship as to whether it is an abusive one. 

I'm not giving anyone the benefit of the doubt about this situation. I just don't know. If you feel that you have enough information to make a fair judgment then you have talents beyond most. Sometimes the morality police have a tendency to drive with a peddle to the meddle attitude. It might take a little more time but I would put in more effort to get more facts before coming to a conclusion. Even people who you assume are bad guys deserve fairness. 

Fairness under the law.  The NFL isn't a court.  He has no given right to play football. Cut him

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Fairness under the law.  The NFL isn't a court.  He has no given right to play football. Cut him

He's probably gonna get cut anyways, but it'd be a real shame if he did nothing illegal and lost his career, right?

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

He's probably gonna get cut anyways, but it'd be a real shame if he did nothing illegal and lost his career, right?

Somewhat agree, but employment is not fair.

Players (especially undrafted FA's) have to be smarter when it comes to staying out of the headlines for stupid crap like this.

Proven vets get more leeway, but even they have only so many strikes at bat.

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, WideNine said:

He is entitled to his day in court if charges are not dropped.

Due process is a legal thing, does not really fall under the same area as code of conduct policies that govern who employers can or cannot let go and for what reasons.

If there is enough "smoke" the Bills do not have to wait for the courts to prove there is a "fire" to cut ties with him and the negative press, and the distraction.

I understand that completely. Just making the point that everybody is entitled to due process. No more, no less

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

He has a right to a fair hearing like any other player in the league. Do you know exactly what happened based on a 911 call? Because I certainly don't.  The NFL isn't a court but that doesn't mean that it should make a determination before the facts of this case are examined.