UB at Penn State on prime time Sept 7 Fox

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

UB shocks the nation

28-24

Kyle Vantrease arrives

OU (Ohio university that is) came in to Happy Valley and beat Penn state a few years back. That said, it is one of the most difficult places to play in the country at night if the home crowd is into it. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/30/2019 at 9:01 PM, YoloinOhio said:

OU (Ohio university that is) came in to Happy Valley and beat Penn state a few years back. That said, it is one of the most difficult places to play in the country at night if the home crowd is into it. 

Beat Penn State, whooop dee dooooo

Lol maybe in the 80's. Penn State is trash. They'll still probably win though.

How many times has the Ralph been called difficult and they get rolled through? Talent wins.

12 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Lol maybe in the 80's. Penn State is trash. They'll still probably win though.

How many times has the Ralph been called difficult and they get rolled through? Talent wins.

I hate PSU but We will have to agree to disagree that penn state doesn’t have talent and isn’t a very difficult place to play, especially at night for big games. This won’t be considered a big game for their fans but any night game has juice in happy valley.

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I hate PSU but We will have to agree to disagree that penn state doesn’t have talent and isn’t a very difficult place to play, especially at night for big games. This won’t be considered a big game for their fans but any night game has juice in happy valley.

I will enjoy watching and cheering for UB

17 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

UB has 3 talented RBs and a good line

Control the LoS and the clock and they have a chance 

QB is still completely up in the air though 

nice we aren't anticipating a 70-0 loss as Penn State loves to load up on them in pre-conference games.

On 6/6/2019 at 10:50 AM, row_33 said:

It is a major accomplishment that we don’t see this game as cannon fodder for a big paycheck for a cupcake pre-conference visitor 

I agree with this.  Even though this won't be a whiteout, Happy Valley is still a tough environment for visitors, and the fact that UB earned a prime time slot is yet another step forward for the program.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Willyville Guy said:

I agree with this.  Even though this won't be a whiteout, Happy Valley is still a tough environment for visitors, and the fact that UB earned a prime time slot is yet another step forward for the program.

win win

now go and win UB

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

nice we aren't anticipating a 70-0 loss as Penn State loves to load up on them in pre-conference games.

Happy valley is gonna be rolling

i gotta try and make it there for that game... Kevin Marks and Patterson can grind down a team ... id feed it to them all day

My guess is it won't be your traditional revved up white out mid season form Happy Valley Scene at night because the opponent is UB.  

On 6/5/2019 at 1:03 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I 100% agree with this, Happy valley at night is one 0of the most intimidating places to play in the entire country.  Only a few venues rival it & they are located in the SEC.  

11 hours ago, row_33 said:

Why?

Could be a snowball effect following some tough losses recently in games and on the recruiting trail.  I gave Franklin credit last year when he said his team wasn't at an elite level -- thought that was an open and honest assessment of his team at that time.  Maybe some top talent got turned off.

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

Could be a snowball effect following some tough losses recently in games and on the recruiting trail.  I gave Franklin credit last year when he said his team wasn't at an elite level -- thought that was an open and honest assessment of his team at that time.  Maybe some top talent got turned off.

The decommits seemed to all start with Julian Fleming commiting to OSU - he was the #1 recruit in PA (and #1 overall WR in the 2020 class) and was thought to to be a PSU lean, that was a big red flag that he went elsewhere when he was in their backyard. I heard they are about to lose a 4 star CB commit soon too. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.