Cable TV Versus Everything Else

Called DIRECTV today to complain about no CBS, ended up getting $25 off my bill for 12 months. I called in December and they gave me free Sunday ticket and a $60 a month credit. Called today and now have the $25 a month credit. Brings me down to paying $42 a month for the middle range package and free Sunday Ticket Max. Every time I consider cancelling, they drag me back in.

Edited by Bills2ref

On 8/6/2019 at 6:56 PM, inkman said:

Anyone have YouTube TV?  Thinking about getting it. Love to hear any pros or cons. 

Just signed up for the free trial last night; so far it's pretty good.No NFLN so that maybe an issue, but the menus are easy to navigate around and the picture quality is pretty damn good. Going to try PS Vue when the trial is up and might try Hulu live after that.

Only con is that it took a little bit to figure how to navigate when you are watching TV or a movie and pull the guide up; took a little bit to figure what to do to get back to the show that was playing in the background....

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Just signed up for the free trial last night; so far it's pretty good.No NFLN so that maybe an issue, but the menus are easy to navigate around and the picture quality is pretty damn good. Going to try PS Vue when the trial is up and might try Hulu live after that.

Only con is that it took a little bit to figure how to navigate when you are watching TV or a movie and pull the guide up; took a little bit to figure what to do to get back to the show that was playing in the background....

I got a 5 year old, just found out YouTube TV doesn't have Nickelodeon, so that's a show stopper. Gotta figure something out by hockey season. 

14 minutes ago, inkman said:

I got a 5 year old, just found out YouTube TV doesn't have Nickelodeon, so that's a show stopper. Gotta figure something out by hockey season. 

I'm an IT worker with no kids.  I don't know too much about Nickelodeon or keeping kids entertained.  But I do know how to set up high priced electronics that are shipped in big cardboard boxes. 

I also have friends with kids.  And those kids love big cardboard boxes.

Seriously.  Give a kid a 6ftx3ft cardboard box, and you've got a space ship