In Game/In Stadium Presentation and Entertainment

On 5/30/2019 at 11:33 AM, plenzmd1 said:

They hear this a lot..maybe we can get some traction this year..any suggestions for 3rd down?

No artificial noise needed for 3rd...we know when it's 3rd down

They hear this a lot..maybe we can get some traction this year..any suggestions for 3rd down?

The train horn is silly.  Why not the herd of buffalo rumbling?  I think that particular video/soundtrack is way underutilized.

• Like (+1) 1

I know you are only the messenger, but for them to claim that 50% of the fan base "loves" the train horn is patently ridiculous.  I can guarantee though that at least 50% hate it (that number is probably much higher).  Many/most in the "don't hate" group probably just like the idea of something generating noise on 3rd down (however obnoxious) instead of doing nothing (ignoring the fact that the damn horn seems to blow constantly throughout the game - not just on 3rd down) 

I like the stampeding Buffalo herd as a replacement.  Something that actually has some meaning/connection - and no doubt if combined with video on board would create a real meaningful visceral feeling/reaction on 3rd down for those in attendance. 

Food for thought. I know the stadium crew has to keep a log of all the song clips they play during the game. Just like a radio station they have to keep track and pay royalties for every song they use (you know, like playing "Back On The Chain Gang" every time there's a measurement). I don't know how much this adds up to for a season but it is a cost. Meanwhile I'm sure the train horn is free.

I have to believe it's the same for using movie clips. The charging buffaloes is from Dances With Wolves, right? So using the clip would require (permission?) a royalty or fee too I would expect. Same with Fred and Barney with the "Go Go Buffalo" chant. I'm curious, would the charges for using video clips be rather insignificant, like it is for the song clips? Or would playing the charging buffaloes on every 3rd down amount to something a lot more?

Any insiders with expert knowledge on this?