In Game/In Stadium Presentation and Entertainment

9 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

First thing that came to mind when I was thinking of what I really wanted to see them do, was bring in frisbee dogs at halftime. Mind blowing!

And Detroit is now using a train horn for their TD song? Lotta thought musta gone into that one, smh. I hate the f'n thing. Love the charging buffalo's.

I’m a big sucker for frisbee dogs! 

• Haha (+1) 2

I’m also big on making the phone app easier for old farts to use. It’s NOT just having the app, but it’s having your location settings right (in a way I don’t prefer, as in always open), and several other options being just right. When I did it in Atlanta the first 2 tech guys were a wasted hour with no help. The 3rd guy got me set in minutes. For Atlanta soccer it was backed up with people who needed the on site tech people to assist.

My Buffalo experience was similar. Like many things, if you have it up and running and use it frequently....no biggie. Use it every year or two? Not so much. 

On 5/31/2019 at 3:26 AM, stosh64 said:

Retire the damn train horn.

Addition by subtraction.:thumbsup:

Exactly!

That stupid horn is annoying even for TV viewers, I can only imagine how bad it would be, being there.

Lose the train horn. That thing is annoying even if I'm watching on TV.

Bring back the charging buffaloes and Fred & Barney.

When lining up for kickoffs they should play that echoing base line from the beginning of Pink Floyd's One Of These Days. That would be cool.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bad Things said:

Exactly!

That stupid horn is annoying even for TV viewers, I can only imagine how bad it would be, being there.

Imagine Hell, where Satan is a lunatic blowing a train horn

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

First thing that came to mind when I was thinking of what I really wanted to see them do, was bring in frisbee dogs at halftime. Mind blowing!

And Detroit is now using a train horn for their TD song? Lotta thought musta gone into that one, smh. I hate the f'n thing. Love the charging buffalo's.

Yep, Lions heard it play in the snow game and liked it... it is the exact same train whistle!  Who knew?

9 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m a big sucker for frisbee dogs! 

Based on surveys the NFL does in every stadium every year , the # 1 request for halftime is marching bands, # 2 Is frisbee dogs!

so we getting the frisbee dogs at the opener! Enjoy!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Tap and go on phone or STM card...screen shots will no longer work..no need to scan and this  should really help out wait times at gate

•  

I am confused by this. How do you get in if they don't scan or check your QR code?

Tell the fans to shut up on the 1st Eyyyyyyyy ey ey on the shout song and shout eyyyyyyy ey ey only on the echo...

10 hours ago, stevewin said:

I'd like the names of the 50% who love please

And was there a breathalyzer used to measure intoxication levels when asked.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

I am confused by this. How do you get in if they don't scan or check your QR code?

It will be just like the pay and go systems like Apple Pay etc. You will open the app, bring up the ticket, and tap your phone on the reader. Done. Should cut done on the time needed to scan the ticket. Just remember that the ticket scan is after security, so that wait time will still be a wait time. 

If you are a season ticket member,  both your season ticket card and phone app will work. If not a ST, you will need either the Ticketmaster or one Buffalo App. 

The actual bar code will be changing every 15 seconds, that is why screen shots will no longer work. Still unscrupulous people selling scam tickets, and they would send multiple people same ticket. 

Bills tell us  65% of the entire stadium tries to enter between 12:30 and 1, so that is why they are trying some incentives to get people in early. I usually get to the gate no later than 12;20 as i hate lines, the upper , upper deck potties are still pristine if ya need ta take care of some business, beer lines are short...and i never miss anything. Win all the way around!

Edited by plenzmd1

36 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

If you are a season ticket member,  both your season ticket card and phone app will work. If not a ST, you will need either the Ticketmaster or one Buffalo App. 

Thanks for the report, much appreciated.  Some in my crew still have flip phones...ugh...so, the question is, can they get in using the ticket on my phone, say, I go in first then hand them my phone?

Apologies in advance for the stupid question.

6 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Thanks for the report, much appreciated.  Some in my crew still have flip phones...ugh...so, the question is, can they get in using the ticket on my phone, say, I go in first then hand them my phone?

Apologies in advance for the stupid question.

Yes, you can have all the tickets on your phone. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/30/2019 at 12:36 PM, judman said:

In addition to getting rid of the horn, I'd like to get rid of the first down boxing bell. 

Instead have the PA announcer say something like:

"McCoy's 22 yard run results in a..."  and after that prompt, the crowd says "First down Buffalo-o" (like the shout song lyrics "let's go Buffalo-o").

I heard Boomer Esiason interviewed once and he mentioned how fast the K-Gun was and they would be racking up the points and that it was especially bad when playing in Buffalo because "They'd keep playing that damn song"

I can’t stand when teams do this. Anytime the chefs are on we have to mute the tv when they have the ball. It is very annoying

The boxing bells are fine. The train horn doesn’t bother me either. It’s like a reminder that the crowd should be loud. Play the train horn non stop while the other team is in the huddle. 

11 hours ago, stevewin said:

I'd like the names of the 50% who love please

I’m one of them. Fans for whatever reason get loud after the teams break the huddle and everyone already knows their responsibilities. I’d like more of the horn while opposing offenses are in the huddle. If the fans aren’t gonna attempt to disrupt communication the team should try with something loud and disruptive 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

11 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m also big on making the phone app easier for old farts to use. It’s NOT just having the app, but it’s having your location settings right (in a way I don’t prefer, as in always open), and several other options being just right. When I did it in Atlanta the first 2 tech guys were a wasted hour with no help. The 3rd guy got me set in minutes. For Atlanta soccer it was backed up with people who needed the on site tech people to assist.

My Buffalo experience was similar. Like many things, if you have it up and running and use it frequently....no biggie. Use it every year or two? Not so much. 

We had to screenshot our tickets last year because the app would screw up. It would either use up a lot of battery really fast and then the guy who’s phone has the tickets would die or it wouldn’t work at all and we would sit at the ticket taker holding the line up while someone figured out what the problem was.

They offered a promo a couple years ago if you download the app but nobody could get the app to work. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/31/2019 at 2:07 PM, Seasons1992 said:

Agreed, Levi. 

Anyone remember where this is from? (Trivia question)

It looks like @plenzmd1 about 2 hours before kickoff..........

image.thumb.png.b3b676ef18ed54aa35932cf203f34fe2.png

I can’t really comment, having resembled that THREE hours before kickoff......

I claim extenuating circumstances. 

“Topping tonight’s Eye Missed It News, Buffalo Bills brass were at a loss to explain why the Frisbee dogs attacked the Billy Buffalo mascot, tearing the seat from the costume and causing the intern inside to flee.  There was some speculation the stadium train horn may have frightened the dogs.  An effort is being made to find the previous mascot costume”.

• Haha (+1) 1