Chris Simms "Josh Allen talks technique"

11 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I hung on every word, like reading Bart Starr’s book. 

“You bloom where you’re planted”

explains a lot about how he immediately warmed up to WNY upon arrival. Thank you to Cleveland, NYJ, NYG, Denver & Indy for Planting Josh here. Bloom, son!

Dont forget Tampa;)

• Haha (+1) 1

Am i the only one that finds this interview kind of cringe-worthy? the forcing a casual setting by playing catch and asking questions? making him talk about the same moments from last year ad naseum? the desperation of former players NEEDING to be somehow throwing a ball or getting in a three-point stance or catching a pass? I don't know. Maybe it's just me. 

Edited by quinnearlysghost88
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, D521646 said:

you know you have the right QB when fans on other sites are following his progress and talk about how they wish they had taken him instead of XYZ QB.  I've been on the Fins and Jets message boards and yes, although some fans are homers and state that they think Allen is "trash", most recognize his potential.  That says a lot to me, love this kid!

Tim-

Uhh, sure not the Jets fans. They have a 30+ page topic talking themselves into why Sammy is better than Mayfield. Its pretty disgusting. Like Bills fans, they think they took the right qb. Unlike Bills fans who respect Darnolds potential, they go out of their way to trash Allen. A few Bills fans have fought the good fight to no avail.

Edited by gobills1212

37 minutes ago, D521646 said:

you know you have the right QB when fans on other sites are following his progress and talk about how they wish they had taken him instead of XYZ QB.  I've been on the Fins and Jets message boards and yes, although some fans are homers and state that they think Allen is "trash", most recognize his potential.  That says a lot to me, love this kid!

Tim-

I havent seen any Jets fan think that Allen is better than Darnold. Most think that Sammy is much better, as they should since hes their guy, even if the do respect Allens talent. I think most fans here are also probably feel the same about Josh.

Please show me the thread where "most" Jets fans feel they made the wrong pick, Id love to read it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Am i the only one that finds this interview kind of cringe-worthy? the forcing a casual setting by playing catch and asking questions? making him talk about the same moments from last year ad naseum? the desperation of former players NEEDING to be somehow throwing a ball or getting in a three-point stance or catching a pass? I don't know. Maybe it's just me. 

I’ll go out on a limb here and say, Yes, you’re the ONLY ONE!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

^this guy.

great interview and most have summed it up well through the thread. I'll go ahead and say it, this kid is going to be real special, not that he already isn't.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Am i the only one that finds this interview kind of cringe-worthy?

3 pages of comments in, and yes, it appears you are the only one finding this cringe-worthy.

I've read three pages of thumbs up. (I may have missed another negative comment)

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Uhh, sure not the Jets fans. They have a 30+ page topic talking themselves into why Sammy is better than Mayfield. Its pretty disgusting. Like Bills fans, they think they took the right qb. Unlike Bills fans who respect Darnolds potential, they go out of their way to trash Allen. A few Bills fans have fought the good fight to no avail.

There was a thread on gang green I think where 2 or 3 Jets fans were talking Allen up. Of course they think Darnold will be better but there are definitely a few that recognize Allen's potential

Edited by CNY315

1 hour ago, boater said:

3 pages of comments in, and yes, it appears you are the only one finding this cringe-worthy.

I've read three pages of thumbs up. (I may have missed another negative comment)

give it time, there will be more. 

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

6 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

You must be a blast at bar mitzvahs...

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, CNY315 said:

There was a thread on gang green I think where 2 or 3 Jets fans were talking Allen up. Of course they think Darnold will be better but there are definitely a few that recognize Allen's potential

2 or 3 out of a few hundred - what are we really talking about here? I went tooth and nail with them and it was the typical ' he isnt accurate and can just run' from 95% with a couple realistic folks who realize neither has matured to the point of judgment. I stand by my original statment. 

10 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The guy catching Simms passes looks like a dwarf next to Josh. 

Thats a big boy. 

Was Daboll the other catcher? 

I thought it was Daboll too.

13 hours ago, elroy16 said:

This might sound minor, but I really appreciate Josh's ability to be critical of himself. When talking about the Chargers game, he mentions how he said the wrong word for protections and it screwed up the offense and it was all his fault. It's obvious it was his fault, but I've run into too many people in my life who cannot admit when they are wrong. It's so annoying and I still haven't figured out what it says about a person who refused to take responsibility for their mistakes, but I'm happy Allen isn't like that.

Also thought that was especially interesting candor about that game - and for sure if we go back to the game thread we'd see tons of agonizing over how bad the OL was and didn't know what they were doing ?

One subtle thing I absolutely love is that he played 3 sports in HS.  I played 3 sports back in the day, and both my kids did which is so rare this day in age.  With so much over-specialization these days it would have been so easy for him to specialize in football only (indeed I wouldn't be surprised if he was pressured to focus on only one sport, which my kids were) - instead he played all the sports and just enjoyed the different games and competition and his buddies, which is how it should be.

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, boater said:

I like the interview format of BSing while chucking the ball, it probably led to more frankness in the discussion. I thought it was interesting that they each had receiver who did most of the catches.. I wonder why.

Them comparing thumbs made me chuckle.

I liked the JA description of what he does upon breaking the huddle,  how assesses the situation.

Caught Simms on one of his pod casts talking about that interview, and he and his co-host jokingly said that 2 qb's throwing to each other inevitably turns into a competition to see who can laser it into the other guy's hands.

If taken at face value, the pass catchers were there to keep the tosses from getting stupid hard and injuring hands - as good a reason as any other I guess.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, WideNine said:

Caught Simms on one of his pod casts talking about that interview, and he and his co-host jokingly said that 2 qb's throwing to each other inevitably turns into a competition to see who can laser it into the other guy's hands.

If taken at face value, the pass catchers were there to keep the tosses from getting stupid hard and injuring hands - as good a reason as any other I guess.

Simms would have lost that battle

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalophil1948 said:

Simms would have lost that battle

I like Simms and I think he does a good job of getting guys to open up, but yeah just watching them both near the end with that crossbar hitting contest....

Chris had to start back a bit from the line, wind up, take a few short-steps into the throw, and release, like most guys would.

Josh basically just stood there and tossed it 30 yards on a rope effortlessly. One can understand why the kid had a habit of throwing off-platform and proper mechanics be damned.

The heat Allen can get on the ball with just his arm and core torque I don't think you can teach, or more guys could do it.

• Like (+1) 5