Chris Simms "Josh Allen talks technique"

Great interview.

Anyone else but me is surprised that it's DA and Matt that showed him to change the foot that was forward? Think of all the coaches, including Jordan Palmer, that he's had!

I like how he always gives credit, shows humbleness while at the same time having supreme confidence, he's the real deal, period. And what an arm!

• Like (+1) 8

2 hours ago, SDubills said:

Definitely a great watch, for sure. I think Chris Simms has a crush on him. Not like a man crush either.

Well I have a huge man crush on the guy LOL. Crazy. He's like my 4th kid in my mind ha ha.

• Like (+1) 4

I loved when they just started going into the nitty gritty details about all their throwing nuances.  It really puts the whole coaching emphasis on mechanics into perspective.  Very insightful.  

• Like (+1) 2

I hung on every word, like reading Bart Starr’s book. 

“You bloom where you’re planted”

explains a lot about how he immediately warmed up to WNY upon arrival. Thank you to Cleveland, NYJ, NYG, Denver & Indy for Planting Josh here. Bloom, son!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, eball said:

We’ve got a good one, folks. To hear the honesty about “crapping his pants” in the Chargers game, to talking about how he has grown and when he felt like he belonged...holy schitt this kid has the “it” factor and then some. Great, great stuff. 

That’s what I’ve always respected about him was his honestly. That to me shows confidence and humility

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting to hear about how he progressed as a runner. He said he was slow in high school and didn't really get that fast until training pre draft. Nobody saw it coming because he didn't have it till last season.

Josh Allen is the man. Going to really turn a lot of heads this season.

• Like (+1) 2

All the chat is moderately interesting, not Simms, but Josh.

But the "tell" is at the end in the attempt to hit the crossbar.

Allen simply snaps the 30 yard throws.

No effort. No time.

Just flicks the throws effortlessly. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, sherpa said:

No effort. No time.

and called it immediately. Probably knew the bomb to Foster was a TD, crumpled up under the Jag pass rushers too..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

No effort. No time.

he knew as soon as he let the second one go that it was going to hit the crossbar and called it.

• Like (+1) 1

No effort. No time.

Josh is going to make a bunch of throws in his career that will leave players, coaches, and fans saying, "how did he do that?"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I’m taking Allen everyday #1 in a redraft, sorry  Baker. Why? Allen’s ceiling is the highest of any of these cats, in so many ways. Go Bills!!!!!!

He always had the highest ceiling out of all of them, but the exciting thing is he is already showing signs he is capable of climbing up those ceilings and using all of his potential.  After years of being stuck with guys like Trent Edwards, Fitzpatrick, EJ Manuel, Nathan Peterman it feels incredible to have a QB who has all the potential in the world to be a Star in the NFL.  Not to mention his personality is perfect for Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Chris Simms is really growing on me.

People are talking about Chris crushing on Josh. I think I am developing a crush on Chris after watching that clip. 

I feel like maybe I’m that duckling that accidentally imprinted on the chihuahua. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Capco said:

I loved when they just started going into the nitty gritty details about all their throwing nuances.  It really puts the whole coaching emphasis on mechanics into perspective.  Very insightful.  

I actually got aroused when that was discussed and when Josh talked about how he goes about reading the D pre snap. Good stuff!! The kid has some serious gray matter going on.

• Haha (+1) 2