Chris Simms "Josh Allen talks technique"

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

Wasn't George's problem maturity....alcohol and drugs and such?

He was physically gifted, but I think his failures were more on the dicipline side of things, not that it was impossible to groom the talent.

Maybe reading too much into your comment, it happens.

On 5/31/2019 at 7:16 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....wasn't that the #1 advertisement for Jeff George?.......and we know how THAT went..........

George was the classic case of "million dollar arm, 10 cent head."  Never exhibited the desire or competitive edge to be one of the best.  Physical talent was All-Pro caliber but just didn't have the drive.  I'm not aware of substance abuse issues.

2 hours ago, eball said:

George was the classic case of "million dollar arm, 10 cent head."  Never exhibited the desire or competitive edge to be one of the best.  Physical talent was All-Pro caliber but just didn't have the drive.  I'm not aware of substance abuse issues.

I  believe he was 1) not a leader of men which is closely related to 2) not being an alpha competitor.  My #1 memory of his play is of him collapsing to the turf before Bruce even got there.  He knew he was coming and did not have any notion of trying to make a play at the risk of taking a hit.  He seemed to have more of a need to battle his own coaches than he did any defenders.  I always got the impression that he was not respected much around the league.

6 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...was not aware of his personal issues.....

Totally had the aging wires crossed. George was the QB who couldn't get along with folks and played too much blame game.

Was thinking of Marinovich.

My mistake.

Edited by WideNine

4 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Totally had the aging wires crossed. George was the QB who couldn't get along with folks and played too much blame game.

Was thinking of Marinovich.

My mistake.

...LOL...Puff Daddy Todd.....kid just stumbled daily and I think he still does......been some real gems along the way...Art "Betcha" Schlichter was another gem.....

• Like (+1) 1

Just watched this. Thanks for posting this!

Lotta really interesting takeaways, but the absolute gem for me was what Allen said about what he thinks about when he approaches the line. He mentioned how Daboll (Bellicheck protege) has been training him to think situationally, like down and distance.

In all the years we've watched Brady and the Patriots, how irritating is it that it seems like Bellicheck and Brady are the masters of situational football while most other teams seem to view it as an afterthought?

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Oh wow. Loving on josh AND the defense. Talking about how the defense performed without the support of an offense was impressive. 

There are gonna a handful of people from this board that watch this video and spontaneously combust before the end of it..... all for the better I would say. ?