Chris Simms "Josh Allen talks technique"

On 5/30/2019 at 11:19 AM, boater said:

I thought it was interesting that they each had receiver who did most of the catches.. I wonder why.

It's the same for QBs warming up on the sideline. The reason is that they don't want to risk a freak accident like a broken finger - or this:

Receivers get paid to catch, so let them practice catching while the QBs practice throwing.

• Like (+1) 1

If Josh can continue to work on his lower body technique and keep it consistent he will be deadly

he was mostly all arm in college .. as can happen when you have that kind of arm

he he can consistently use those big old ham hogs of legs and core  to generate the torque it will tremendously help his consistency of ball placement 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

If Josh can continue to work on his lower body technique and keep it consistent he will be deadly

he was mostly all arm in college .. as can happen when you have that kind of arm

he he can consistently use those big old ham hogs of legs and core  to generate the torque it will tremendously help his consistency of ball placement 

...his agility for his size is a tad astonishing, perhaps to a fault because he'll do whatever it takes.....I'd like to think that between "Professor" Palmer and Dorsey, the kid is in, like the Allstate guys says, "in good hands"........

8 hours ago, WideNine said:

I like Simms and I think he does a good job of getting guys to open up, but yeah just watching them both near the end with that crossbar hitting contest....

Chris had to start back a bit from the line, wind up, take a few short-steps into the throw, and release, like most guys would.

Josh basically just stood there and tossed it 30 yards on a rope effortlessly. One can understand why the kid had a habit of throwing off-platform and proper mechanics be damned.

The heat Allen can get on the ball with just his arm and core torque I don't think you can teach, or more guys could do it.

There may have been guys before him that could throw a ball FURTHER. Uncle Rico for instance. I'm not sure there's ever been a QB with that velocity. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

There may have been guys before him that could throw a ball FURTHER. Uncle Rico for instance. I'm not sure there's ever been a QB with that velocity. 

....wasn't that the #1 advertisement for Jeff George?.......and we know how THAT went..........

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, WideNine said:

I like Simms and I think he does a good job of getting guys to open up, but yeah just watching them both near the end with that crossbar hitting contest....

Chris had to start back a bit from the line, wind up, take a few short-steps into the throw, and release, like most guys would.

Josh basically just stood there and tossed it 30 yards on a rope effortlessly. One can understand why the kid had a habit of throwing off-platform and proper mechanics be damned.

The heat Allen can get on the ball with just his arm and core torque I don't think you can teach, or more guys could do it.

Yeah it's pretty astonishing..young Favre could put some heat on the ball but he would put his whole body into it ..the only people I can recall who could generate velocity as effortlessly as Josh is John Elway and Mike Vick 

On 5/31/2019 at 1:19 AM, WideNine said:

Caught Simms on one of his pod casts talking about that interview, and he and his co-host jokingly said that 2 qb's throwing to each other inevitably turns into a competition to see who can laser it into the other guy's hands.

If taken at face value, the pass catchers were there to keep the tosses from getting stupid hard and injuring hands - as good a reason as any other I guess.

I had a good friend who played a couple of years NFL backup QB, and in the old USFL. I made the mistake of playing catch with him one day, my hands hurt for a week. I was a decent athlete in my day, college baseball, but I never had anyone throw like that. These guys are in a different world.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, bills11 said:

Yeah it's pretty astonishing..young Favre could put some heat on the ball but he would put his whole body into it ..the only people I can recall who could generate velocity as effortlessly as Josh is John Elway and Mike Vick 

Add Dan Marino in there as well

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

This is the best interview I have seen in a long, long time. How can you not be a fan of this guy? Honestly, when is that last time the Bills fanbase was as united behind their quarterback? Kelly?

Yeah, probably. But that was all because of Kelly’s talent as a QB, including leadership, etc. 

But Kelly was a major league douche nozzle back in the day. 

Josh on the other hand, has an infectious, humble, personality in addition to all those other QB traits. Just so easy to root for. 

• Like (+1) 3

14 hours ago, CSBill said:

I had a good friend who played a couple of years NFL backup QB, and in the old USFL. I made the mistake of playing catch with him one day, my hands hurt for a week. I was a decent athlete in my day, college baseball, but I never had anyone throw like that. These guys are in a different world.

I think Daboll was wearing snowmobiling gloves.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

This is the best interview I have seen in a long, long time. How can you not be a fan of this guy? Honestly, when is that last time the Bills fanbase was as united behind their quarterback? Kelly?

I know plenty of folks who hated Kelley's guts early on (most of my family in Buffalo). they may have even hated him more because...my father loved Jim. (My Okie dad knocked up their beautiful 15 year old daughter, and they never forgave him).

There is a LOT more dialog  in the audio podcast version here is the link to Google play... They edited out some good stuff on the video. 

https://play.google.com/music/m/Du2za27tvsyynerpvizm4d3cpka?t=36_Bills_QB_Josh_Allen_-_Chris_Simms_Unbuttoned

But if you search Chris Simms Unbuttoned wherever you get your podcasts you will find it. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 5/31/2019 at 6:16 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....wasn't that the #1 advertisement for Jeff George?.......and we know how THAT went..........

Wasn't George's problem maturity....alcohol and drugs and such?

He was physically gifted, but I think his failures were more on the dicipline side of things, not that it was impossible to groom the talent.

Maybe reading too much into your comment, it happens.

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

Wasn't George's problem maturity....alcohol and drugs and such?

He was physically gifted, but I think his failures were more on the dicipline side of things, not that it was impossible to groom the talent.

Maybe reading too much into your comment, it happens.

...was not aware of his personal issues.....