Chris Simms "Josh Allen talks technique"

6 hours ago, MJS said:

Interesting to hear about how he progressed as a runner. He said he was slow in high school and didn't really get that fast until training pre draft. Nobody saw it coming because he didn't have it till last season.

Josh Allen is the man. Going to really turn a lot of heads this season.

It's amazing that his own athletism took Allen by surprise. I have to say that the way he toyed with Alonzo in both Miami games was unbelievable. Alonzo just couldn't take the proper angle to even slow him down.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

Josh is going to make a bunch of throws in his career that will leave players, coaches, and fans saying, "how did he do that?"

I sense a new Buffalo drinking game; every time someone says “how did he do that?”, everybody chugs! Wing joints that deliver will realize a bonanza!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

This got a little bit long, please forgive me. 

Great interview. I love when they get into more gritty details like the grip, shotgun stance, pre-snap routine, etc.

That's a wild story about the Houston game. I can't imagine how frustrating that was to go from, oh... I think I got it, to jacked up elbow in a blink of an eye. I can't believe Simms didn't probe about that a little bit more. Maybe he did and they just didn't show it. With that in mind, I'm super jealous of the camera man, I would have loved to see their entire interaction.

Sal was on with Schopp and the Bulldog and they talked about how his numbers to the right of the field were noticeably worse than to the left. What do you know, while talking about his stance from the shotgun, he mentioned how his old stance led him to be too open when throwing right and he'd lose accuracy. I really think this staff does a great job of self evaluating. 

This might sound minor, but I really appreciate Josh's ability to be critical of himself. When talking about the Chargers game, he mentions how he said the wrong word for protections and it screwed up the offense and it was all his fault. It's obvious it was his fault, but I've run into too many people in my life who cannot admit when they are wrong. It's so annoying and I still haven't figured out what it says about a person who refused to take responsibility for their mistakes, but I'm happy Allen isn't like that.

I thought his "new" mindset was interesting and he dropped an interesting note about the option routes. Going short to long at times should help keep the sticks moving. I noticed some nice short crossers in the OTA videos where he hit guys in stride. The most interesting part was when he mentioned the number of option routes they run and how important their body language is. Below is Zay's quote about Josh.

He told me, ‘Instead of doing it that way, do it this way so I’m able to see your body language when you’re coming out (of your break) and I can put it on you.’ 

Josh's comments give us more context into exactly what Zay was talking about. If Josh and the receivers can get on the same page on the option routes, that should really help them move the chains.

Simms', "I had a pretty good arm. You can tell? Good." was kind of hilarious. He sounds like a little kid talking to someone he looks up to. 

tldr: awesome interview and I love Josh Allen

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Here with this Simms piece, as with the Super Cade story and the Mother's Day video that Josh and Matt made,  Josh is getting very good at being Josh Allen.  Very comfortable, very confidant and willing to connect one on one with people in very different circumstances.   Now, if gets to be as good on the field as off it, we will be in for another Golden Era of Bills football.  It might happen.

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Man Chris Simms really working on a job with the bills. 

I loved the part about that chargers game. Gotta be tough to admit that.  Man I hope this guy is the real deal

Not for winners who expect more of themselves. It’s one of Allen’s best character traits; he is simply not afraid to hold himself accountable. I doubt we will ever hear excuses coming from him. Explanations, yes. But he just strikes me as someone who doesn’t have time for excuses since he’s all about getting on with fixing mistakes and improving. 

And I Goddamn guarantee that doesn’t go unnoticed in the locker room, the classroom, and the on the field by his coaches and other players.

It’s a winner’s trait.

• Like (+1) 8

1 hour ago, elroy16 said:

This might sound minor, but I really appreciate Josh's ability to be critical of himself. When talking about the Chargers game, he mentions how he said the wrong word for protections and it screwed up the offense and it was all his fault. It's obvious it was his fault, but I've run into too many people in my life who cannot admit when they are wrong. It's so annoying and I still haven't figured out what it says about a person who refused to take responsibility for their mistakes, but I'm happy Allen isn't like that.

I do not believe this is a "minor" point. I agree with you, emphatically.

In a quality learning environment, self-critical thinking is imperative and accountability is a key to improvement. As much as I (we) like Allen, we all know he must learn and improve - quite a bit. He obviously has the physical tools. His willingness to admit and own his mistakes and growth opportunities are what will propel him to excellence as an NFL quarterback. It also is what will make him a credible leader in a locker room full of alpha males.

In this way, I think he is remarkably like McDermott. Color me excited.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Not for winners who expect more of themselves. It’s one of Allen’s best character traits; he is simply not afraid to hold himself accountable. I doubt we will ever hear excuses coming from him. Explanations, yes. But he just strikes me as someone who doesn’t have time for excuses since he’s all about getting on with fixing mistakes and improving. 

And I Goddamn guarantee that doesn’t go unnoticed in the locker room, the classroom, and the on the field by his coaches and other players.

It’s a winner’s trait.

Too funny. We simultaneously wrote the same thing, using different words. I approve of this message.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

Too funny. We simultaneously wrote the same thing, using different words. I approve of this message.

Well, you know what they say about great minds.

• Like (+1) 1

I like the interview format of BSing while chucking the ball, it probably led to more frankness in the discussion. I thought it was interesting that they each had receiver who did most of the catches.. I wonder why.

Them comparing thumbs made me chuckle.

I liked the JA description of what he does upon breaking the huddle,  how assesses the situation.

4 minutes ago, boater said:

I like the interview format of BSing while chucking the ball, it probably led to more frankness in the discussion. I thought it was interesting that they each had receiver who did most of the catches.. I wonder why.

Them comparing thumbs made me chuckle.

I liked the JA description of what he does upon breaking the huddle,  how assesses the situation.

The guy catching Simms passes looks like a dwarf next to Josh. 

Thats a big boy. 

Was Daboll the other catcher? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

you know you have the right QB when fans on other sites are following his progress and talk about how they wish they had taken him instead of XYZ QB.  I've been on the Fins and Jets message boards and yes, although some fans are homers and state that they think Allen is "trash", most recognize his potential.  That says a lot to me, love this kid!

Tim-

15 hours ago, DJB said:

Came here  to post this. Terrific inside look on Allen and his progress, how he reads the defence.  It really shows his growth mentally with the game. I most definitely expect a big 2nd year leap!

Its a must watch folks!

This isnt possible.  Posters on here said he cant read a defense.?