Who Should Be Next On The Wall Of Fame?

3 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

So, you would rather have had Moorman than any of Fletcher, Crowell, Moulds, Evans, McGee, Clements, Milloy, Schobel and the list can be longer, in 2005?

I won’t even get into the other years you mentioned because it is so silly.

Can you imagine trading any of those players I just named for a punter like Moorman?

????

would we have won any more games? 

13 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...interestingly they both had 7 year careers with Bflo (Saimes:1963-1969; Byrd: 1964-1970), so it's not length of service.....ironically they both finished their careers in Denver...

With Lou Saban if I am not mistaken!

• Like (+1) 1

OJ Simpson

On 5/29/2019 at 7:00 PM, 17years&waiting said:

Can we get a couple of people taken off of the wall?  You know, addition by subtraction?  Remove Phil Hansen (I would also probably support removing Gilchrist and Lou Saban, as well) and I think you return the wall to more of a "Greatest contributors only".  

In no particular order, I think the following are deserving of being on the wall next: Butch Byrd, McKenzie, Moulds, R. Brown, K. Williams.  

Is that you Ralph.

On 5/30/2019 at 5:00 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

So, you would rather have had Moorman than any of Fletcher, Crowell, Moulds, Evans, McGee, Clements, Milloy, Schobel and the list can be longer, in 2005?

I won’t even get into the other years you mentioned because it is so silly.

Can you imagine trading any of those players I just named for a punter like Moorman?

????

Milloy does belong on the wall of fame.  The Patriots wall of fame.  Moulds is a yes but thats it. The other guys get a participation trophy.  They either were not career guys here or go on the very good list.  Clements grabbed the money and ran.  Evans was a one trick pony. Schobel  is close but no cigar.  When I think of Fletcher I dont think Buffalo Bill.  If he had one more contract here, I would say yes.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Milloy does belong on the wall of fame.  The Patriots wall of fame.  Moulds is a yes but thats it. The other guys get a participation trophy.  They either were not career guys here or go on the very good list.  Clements grabbed the money and ran.  Evans was a one trick pony. Schobel  is close but no cigar.  When I think of Fletcher I dont think Buffalo Bill.  If he had one more contract here, I would say yes.

So, you would have rather had Moorman than any of those guys I listed in 2005?

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

So, you would have rather had Moorman than any of those guys I listed in 2005?

Its hard to put a punter anywhere.  Even if he was our best weapon for a time.  Sad days.

4 hours ago, mob16151 said:

Eric Moulds. Dude was the best WR we've had post Reed. He's a first ballot Hof'er  with better QB play.

Dude was better than Reed but didnt have the luxury of playing with a HOF QB for most of his career as you said.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, mob16151 said:

Eric Moulds. Dude was the best WR we've had post Reed. He's a first ballot Hof'er  with better QB play.

...have to disagree.....although he may not been in Blfo under the best circumstances, he burned every bridge he could on his way outta town....had his "publicist (WTF?)" state that "Eric is very upset his consecutive game catch streak was broken (nothing was thrown his way that game day)"....sounded like a "ME" guy on that day...my opinion and respect those that may differ.....why stay when a UFA if you're THAT unhappy??............

• Like (+1) 1

Byrd and Bennett (don't understand why Byrd isn't there already). McDole is an interesting case. I believe he belongs, as the strength of those 60's teams was the D ( the line, especially-- and only Sestak is there). He is also often mentioned on lists of best players not in the Pro FB HOF.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...have to disagree.....although he may not been in Blfo under the best circumstances, he burned every bridge he could on his way outta town....had his "publicist (WTF?)" state that "Eric is very upset his consecutive game catch streak was broken (nothing was thrown his way that game day)"....sounded like a "ME" guy on that day...my opinion and respect those that may differ.....why stay when a UFA if you're THAT unhappy??............

That's fair,I'm just speaking from a talent and production viewpoint though.

• Like (+1) 1

..is Shane Conlan marginal?...........

Conlan was selected as the No. 1 draft pick of the Buffalo Bills in the 1987 NFL Draft. After his rookie season, he was awarded the 1987 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year by the Associated Press. From 1988 to 1990, Conlan enjoyed three straight trips to the Pro Bowl. Conlan played with the Bills (1987–92), where he played in the first 3 of the Bills Super Bowl teams and the Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams (1993–95) before retiring from the NFL in 1995.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

On 5/29/2019 at 3:31 PM, BillyWhiteShows said:

Ryan Talbot and the crew at NY Upstate recently wrote an article ranking 10 ex Bills who deserve to be on The Wall Of Fame aka “the shield that guards the realm of men.”  He is clear the list is only based on the on-field accomplishments.  But you know how that goes.  

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/expo/sports/g66l-2019/05/ca1467fe036e4/whos-next-for-buffalo-bills-wall-of-fame-ranking-cornelius-bennett-kyle-williams-more.html

To say the least - there are some interesting rankings.  I feel that Aaron Shoebel is ranked too high and Fred Jackson and Kyle Williams are more deserving that Shoebel.  I don’t really know enough about Butch Byrd.  Eric Moulds and Reuben Brown are great choices

The surprise to me is Cornelius Bennett ranked #1.  For his on the field contributions, I would agree he should be ranked toward the top as next selection.

But in 2019, I think Bennett would be a very tough sell given the fact that he pleaded guilty to misconduct over an incident that happened in downtown Buffalo.  I think his selection would get a lot of backlash and that owner Kim Pegula would take a lot of heat.  I’m not saying that I agree or disagree either way, but I don’t think it’s a likely move.  

If it was up to you, what former Bill would you place in the Wall? 

Cornelius Bennett or Butch Byrd and Howard Ballard