Who Should Be Next On The Wall Of Fame?

17 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

You forgot Kyle Orton

He should be on a Wall of Shame for that 4th down slide....

17 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

This is why nobody takes you seriously.

In all fairness, that's not the only reason...

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Well, they have played 5 concerts at Rich/ RWS/ NEF . Not many bands can say that , so I’d have to agree they are worthy of the wall. Mick’s wisecrack during the 2015 show about staying in the “ Tom Brady suite “ at a local hotel with an under inflated pillow was hysterically on point. 

I never heard abut that, thanks!

...anybody offer a guess as to why Butch has not made it?....think I remember the Ralph feuds with Saban and Cookie.......Saban did end up on the wall....but why the Butch snub??........

Records & Accomplishments:

Byrd holds the Bills' career records for interceptions (40), interception return yards (666) and interceptions returned for touchdowns (5). He was a five-time American Football League All-Star, and was selected for the second team, All-Time All-AFL. Byrd is a 1980 inductee of the Boston University Hall of Fame, and in 2008 was selected to the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...anybody offer a guess as to why Butch has not made it?....think I remember the Ralph feuds with Saban and Cookie.......Saban did end up on the wall....but why the Butch snub??........

Byrd holds the Bills' career records for interceptions (40), interception return yards (666) and interceptions returned for touchdowns (5). He was a five-time American Football League All-Star, and was selected for the second team, All-Time All-AFL. Byrd is a 1980 inductee of the Boston University Hall of Fame, and in 2008 was selected to the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame.

No idea why he has not made it. He is definitely deserving.

5 minutes ago, KRC said:

No idea why he has not made it. He is definitely deserving.

.....Saimes had similar stats and accomplishments and he made it............

In 1964, he had a career-high six interceptions and earned the first of his five American Football League All-Star Game appearances. He made The Sporting News All-AFL Team in 1964, 1965 and 1967. Former Pro Football writer and president of the Pro Football Writers Association, Larry Felser, calls Saimes "the finest open-field tackler in the league."

He achieved All-American Football League honors five times, and is a member of the American Football League All-Time Team, the Buffalo Bills' Wall of Fame, and the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....Saimes had similar stats and accomplishments and he made it............

In 1964, he had a career-high six interceptions and earned the first of his five American Football League All-Star Game appearances. He made The Sporting News All-AFL Team in 1964, 1965 and 1967. Former Pro Football writer and president of the Pro Football Writers Association, Larry Felser, calls Saimes "the finest open-field tackler in the league."

He achieved All-American Football League honors five times, and is a member of the American Football League All-Time Team, the Buffalo Bills' Wall of Fame, and the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame.

Saimes is another good choice. 

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Butch Byrd is on the AFL All Time Team - 2nd team status but hard to beat out Willie Brown; Butch not being on the wall is a poor reflection on the "process."

15 minutes ago, KRC said:

Saimes is another good choice. 

George Saimes is the All AFL First Team Free Safety! Could not agree more!

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Butch Byrd is on the AFL All Time Team - 2nd team status but hard to beat out Willie Brown; Butch not being on the wall is a poor reflection on the "process."

George Saimes is the All AFL First Team Free Safety! Could not agree more!

...interestingly they both had 7 year careers with Bflo (Saimes:1963-1969; Byrd: 1964-1970), so it's not length of service.....ironically they both finished their careers in Denver...

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

2005-2008

So, you would rather have had Moorman than any of Fletcher, Crowell, Moulds, Evans, McGee, Clements, Milloy, Schobel and the list can be longer, in 2005?

I won’t even get into the other years you mentioned because it is so silly.

Can you imagine trading any of those players I just named for a punter like Moorman?

????

Edited by Binghamton Beast

On 5/29/2019 at 6:31 PM, BillyWhiteShows said:

Ryan Talbot and the crew at NY Upstate recently wrote an article ranking 10 ex Bills who deserve to be on The Wall Of Fame aka “the shield that guards the realm of men.”  He is clear the list is only based on the on-field accomplishments.  But you know how that goes.  

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/expo/sports/g66l-2019/05/ca1467fe036e4/whos-next-for-buffalo-bills-wall-of-fame-ranking-cornelius-bennett-kyle-williams-more.html

To say the least - there are some interesting rankings.  I feel that Aaron Shoebel is ranked too high and Fred Jackson and Kyle Williams are more deserving that Shoebel.  I don’t really know enough about Butch Byrd.  Eric Moulds and Reuben Brown are great choices

The surprise to me is Cornelius Bennett ranked #1.  For his on the field contributions, I would agree he should be ranked toward the top as next selection.

But in 2019, I think Bennett would be a very tough sell given the fact that he pleaded guilty to misconduct over an incident that happened in downtown Buffalo.  I think his selection would get a lot of backlash and that owner Kim Pegula would take a lot of heat.  I’m not saying that I agree or disagree either way, but I don’t think it’s a likely move.  

If it was up to you, what former Bill would you place in the Wall? 

Would you bet 5k on a particular player or coach to make it this year ?