Who Should Be Next On The Wall Of Fame?

In the following order:

Byrd

Brown

Bennett

Moulds

Williams and Jackson in a few years

In that order.  Schobel racked up stats and was consistent and underappreciated. I'm just not sure he was every truly dominant.  That said he is more deserving than Hansen (see below). 

Fred Jackson.  Great story and in the end he accumulated a lot of yards.  He will be on the wall one day and perhaps deservedly so given his commitment to the team during some really bad years.  

Take down Talley, Ferguson, Hansen, and Ritcher as none of these guys were truly transcendent players.   They were all good and played lots of games but never were even close to the best at their position at any time in their careers.  Hard to argue they were even in the top 10 at their position when they were at there best.

And time to get rid of OJ.  His stats will live and he will be in the debate for top 5 RB of all time.  But there is no reason to continue to glorify the person.  It's not a record book it's a wall of fame. 

Eric Moulds would be sweet. In my opinion, he's the most talented receiver to ever play for the Bills.

Kyle Williams will obviously get in. Reuben Brown should have awhile ago.

I'm on the fence with Fred Jackson. Heart and soul of the team. Great leader. Best player on a bunch of crappy teams. Great story. But overall as a running back, he was just a little above average. Didn't have great production. Was never considered elite. Not sure he is deserving strictly from his play. Question is, do the intangibles, leadership, etc. bridge that gap?

5 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Terrence McGhee should be given consideration.  Was the best kick returner in team history.  And one of the best all time in the NFL.  Was also a very good CB.  And played and acted like a leader and a champion.

Yes. Forgot about him. He's an excellent choice. 2x time all pro.

Edited by MJS

7 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

If anyone says Brian Moorman they should be banned.

Oh, and Brian Moorman too. Absolutely belongs. All pro, plus a pro bowler. He was truly elite at his position. Not sure why anyone trashes him just for being a punter. He was also a team leader and an excellent teammate. Plus he played in Buffalo for so many years. I'd put other guys in ahead of him, but I'd like to see him in eventually.

2× Pro Bowl (2005, 2006)

2× First-team All-Pro (2005, 2006)

2× Longest Punt in NFL (2002, 2009)

1× NFL Yards per Punt Leader (2005)

Bills record for longest punt (84 yards, 2002)

NFL 2000s All-Decade Team

Buffalo Bills 50th Anniversary Team

Edited by MJS

The people who want to take people down (other than the obvious one) always miss the point of the wall to me. It is about more than just stats or just performance. It is about that intangible of embodying a Buffalo Bill. I'd put Fred Jackson on the wall tomorrow. And then I'd put Kyle up there the day after.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I was always a big Will Wolford fan.  Pry didn't play here long enough though.

1st casualty of FA. Polian had jumped ship and knew how his contract was structured. The League changed the rule after Bill’s shenanigans.

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Oh, and Brian Moorman too. Absolutely belongs. All pro, plus a pro bowler. He was truly elite at his position. Not sure why anyone trashes him just for being a punter. He was also a team leader and an excellent teammate. Plus he played in Buffalo for so many years. I'd put other guys in ahead of him, but I'd like to see him in eventually.

2× Pro Bowl (2005, 2006)

2× First-team All-Pro (2005, 2006)

2× Longest Punt in NFL (2002, 2009)

1× NFL Yards per Punt Leader (2005)

Bills record for longest punt (84 yards, 2002)

NFL 2000s All-Decade Team

Buffalo Bills 50th Anniversary Team

Pffft. Macguire goes up before Moorman and neither are going up.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Gugny said:

Aaron Schobel DEFINITELY belongs up there.  Nine-year career Bill.  Played 16 games in 8 of those seasons, amassing 78 sacks.

Absolutely!

There were times when he was the only good pass rusher on the team. He was always doubled and still made plays with his blazing speed. I can only imagine what his stats would look like on a better team with better coaching.

6 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

In that order.  Schobel racked up stats and was consistent and underappreciated. I'm just not sure he was every truly dominant.  That said he is more deserving than Hansen

I fully agree. Hansen was very good but he played alongside of great pass rushers such as Bruce Smith and Bryce Paup.

16 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Absolutely!

There were times when he was the only good pass rusher on the team. He was always doubled and still made plays with his blazing speed. I can only imagine what his stats would look like on a better team with better coaching.

I fully agree. Hansen was very good but he played alongside of great pass rushers such as Bruce Smith and Bryce Paup.

This ^^ is why so many think he’s undeserving of the Wall. I completely disagree, though acknowledge I was a little surprised how quickly he was honored. Routinely Drafting as late as #31, the Bills were very good at landing talent. Henry Jones, JD Williams, John Fina, Thomas Smith, Jeff Burris, Ruben Brown and then Moulds. That Hansen was our 2nd Rounder in ‘91 seems to also be in play with this ‘he’s not worthy’ crowd. But he is! All Rookie 1st team, he was thrown into the fire with Bruce’s serious knee injury defending our 1st Conf. Title. He played exceptional -if still overlooked. Every year after, he played better and with more desire than anyone else on the Defense. At least once a game he could be seen swooping in from behind the play to tackle a running back, TE or WR short of the 1st Down marker. EVERY GAME. Usually more than once. Then he made singular game-changing plays throughout his career. Humble & quiet by nature, he rarely got press time, but he was as important to the team throughout his whole career as any other player. He deserves the recognition.

I’ll get off my soapbox now. He AIN’T comin’ down! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

This ^^ is why so many think he’s undeserving of the Wall. I completely disagree, though acknowledge I was a little surprised how quickly he was honored. Routinely Drafting as late as #31, the Bills were very good at landing talent. Henry Jones, JD Williams, John Fina, Thomas Smith, Jeff Burris, Ruben Brown and then Moulds. That Hansen was our 2nd Rounder in ‘91 seems to also be in play with this ‘he’s not worthy’ crowd. But he is! All Rookie 1st team, he was thrown into the fire with Bruce’s serious knee injury defending our 1st Conf. Title. He played exceptional -if still overlooked. Every year after, he played better and with more desire than anyone else on the Defense. At least once a game he could be seen swooping in from behind the play to tackle a running back, TE or WR short of the 1st Down marker. EVERY GAME. Usually more than once. Then he made singular game-changing plays throughout his career. Humble & quiet by nature, he rarely got press time, but he was as important to the team throughout his whole career as any other player. He deserves the recognition.

I’ll get off my soapbox now. He AIN’T comin’ down! 

You left out that he hit as hard as a truck. :) 

Where did I say that I want him to come down? It is just my opinion that Schobel was a better defensive end. Phil was an excellent player who I appreciated watching.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

You left out that he hit as hard as a truck. :) 

Where did I say that I want him to come down? It is just my opinion that Schobel was a better defensive end. Phil was an excellent player who I appreciated watching.

Too bad they didn’t have next-gen stats when Schobel was playing, I would have liked to seen how many yards he ran around LT without getting close to the QB.

49 minutes ago, Rico said:

Too bad they didn’t have next-gen stats when Schobel was playing, I would have liked to seen how many yards he ran around LT without getting close to the QB.

Yes because Jauron had him lining up so wide he was close to the sideline on some plays. He would also put him in coverage when he was virtually the only good pass rusher on the team. These were horrible days for the Bills. :(

He produced quite a bit for us, can you imagine him with good players around him? Hansen had Bruce playing the other side. Schobel had Kelsay. ;)