Who Should Be Next On The Wall Of Fame?

Appreciate the article being shared. I agree that it is confusing as to why Butch Byrd has not been added to the Wall. He was the recipient of the Ralph C. Wilson Jr. Distinguished Service Award back in 1994, but many of the other winners have also been named to the Wall of Fame.

43 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

It’s a tough situation because if you look at what he did on the field, he deserves it.  But it won’t look good to celebrate someone that pleaded guilty to sexual misconduct in the same city.   Plus the team has its own rumored recent history of misconduct and bad behavior among the administration (who have since been fired).  

I don’t think you can put Bennett on the wall in 2019.  The moment they do, the team will be flooded with complaints from fans, journalists and maybe even sponsors.  I think he’ll get on the wall at some point, but that it won’t happen this year 

I’d agree if OJ wasn’t up there.

4 minutes ago, RyanTalbotBills said:

Appreciate the article being shared. I agree that it is confusing as to why Butch Byrd has not been added to the Wall. He was the recipient of the Ralph C. Wilson Jr. Distinguished Service Award back in 1994, but many of the other winners have also been named to the Wall of Fame.

@RyanTalbotBills Great article that I thought would create some good dialogue here.  In all actuality though, do you think it’s realistic for Bennett to go on the Wall in 2019?

I think there would be some major backlash given the off the field stuff that happened in Buffalo year ago.  

Just now, BillyWhiteShows said:

@RyanTalbotBills Great article that I thought would create some good dialogue here.  In all actuality though, do you think it’s realistic for Bennett to go on the Wall in 2019?

I think there would be some major backlash given the off the field stuff that happened in Buffalo year ago.  

I think it's fair to assume Bennett has a while to wait. He almost joined the Wall a few years back when Van Miller was selected, but I believe that was before the Pegula regime. The article was based solely on on-field performance which is why I had him at No. 1.

22 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Moorman. Best player on basically every bills team from 2000-2010. It not his fault the rest of the team stunk. It’s not the punters fault, that the best player on the team is a punter. Elite in his position group in regards to the rest of the league and easily the best and most consistent Bill for an entire decade.

This is why nobody takes you seriously.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

This is why nobody takes you seriously.

It was sad when he was our Pro Bowl representative, then got BLOWN UP! 

But he was the best player on the team for quite a while. It may have been all the game day practice he got. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

It was sad when he was our Pro Bowl representative, then got BLOWN UP! 

But he was the best player on the team for quite a while. It may have been all the game day practice he got. 

The way I see it, Augie is that if Moorman was the best player on the team, he would have been starting somewhere on offense or defense. Was he a good punter? Yeah, OK. He was a good punter. To me, that’s like saying Frank Reich was a good holder.

Say what you will about the lack of success on those Bills teams when Moorman was here but they still had some good players who weren’t skinny little guys that kicked a football.

And, yeah, Sean Taylor laid him out. Yowza. That hit made Greg Cater hurt.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

The way I see it, Angie is that if Moorman was the best player on the team, he would have been starting somewhere on offense or defense. Was he a good punter? Yeah, OK. He was a good punter. To me, that’s like saying Frank Reich was a good holder.

Say what you will about the lack of success on those Bills teams when Moorman was here but they still had some good players who weren’t skinny little guys that kicked a football.

I admire him for his ability, and his endurance! Rarely has a punter ever been used so much! 

Keep that head on a swivel! 

I’m not advocating for putting him on the wall before some FAR more deserving players. 

1 hour ago, vorpma said:

Saban and Gilchrist; not a chance dude!

I don't think Gilchrist played with the team long enough, nor are his stats particularly overwhelming (I'd say that if Cookie is on the wall, then Fred, Shady, and Joe Cribbs should be, too).

Saban quit on the team twice.  I don't care if that was because of Ralph Wilson, he still quit on my team.

I wouldn't have put either on the wall.

21 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

The way I see it, Angie is that if Moorman was the best player on the team, he would have been starting somewhere on offense or defense. Was he a good punter? Yeah, OK. He was a good punter. To me, that’s like saying Frank Reich was a good holder.

Starting somewhere else? And you think people don’t take me seriously? Yeah you’re right. They should have probably played him at linebacker. Him being an all pro level player for a decade at his position wasn’t good enough because he only punted. Ray Guy made it into the hall of fame but they must have really had a tough time voting him in. If the guy was a great player, he should have started somewhere on offense or defense. The sad truth is almost no players from 2000-now are truly deserving of the wall IMO. Kyle will get there but other then him, it’s just Moornan. The wall is about longevity and consistently excellent production. Sorry that you don’t value his position. 

29 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Starting somewhere else? And you think people don’t take me seriously? Yeah you’re right. They should have probably played him at linebacker. Him being an all pro level player for a decade at his position wasn’t good enough because he only punted. Ray Guy made it into the hall of fame but they must have really had a tough time voting him in. If the guy was a great player, he should have started somewhere on offense or defense. The sad truth is almost no players from 2000-now are truly deserving of the wall IMO. Kyle will get there but other then him, it’s just Moornan. The wall is about longevity and consistently excellent production. Sorry that you don’t value his position. 

Like I said, this is why nobody can take you serious.

The biggest drawback to Ron McDole is that he got traded to Washington and got more attention there.  I'm pretty sure it was the disastrous John Rauch who sent McDole away.  He was a great player and a great Bill.  I'd like to see him on the Wall just to lay some claim to him as a Bill.  Most people around the country only know him as a Redskin.

I'm always amazed that Cornelius Bennett isn't given more props.  Someone said earlier that adding him was what turned the good Bills defense into a great defense, and that was right.  He got moved to middle linebacker, which was a waste of his natural talent and speed.  

I don't understand why Hansen is there if Schobel isn't.  Schobel was a much better player.

Gilchrist is there because he was just so dominating.  I think he was the second best RB in Bills history, behind only OJ.  He was a PITA and so he got traded but it wasn't for a lack of talent or production.  

Finally, my top choice is Fred Jackson.  The Wall isn't a watered-down HOF, it's for the players who had the most impact on the Bills and the community.  Jackson won't ever make the HOF but I have never seen any Bill play with more heart and passion.  

I love Fred Jackson as much as the rest of this board. Great guy & very solid player, but there is no way he should be considered for the WOF. He only had one 1,000 yard season, scored 37 TDs as a Bill, never made a Pro Bowl, and never played in a playoff game (for us).

Biscuit is a no-doubter, 2x DPOY in addition to everything else. Who cares what he did off the field.

Byrd & Kyle should be up there.

Edited by 947
  • Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

The Rolling Stones.

Well, they have played 5 concerts at Rich/ RWS/ NEF . Not many bands can say that , so I’d have to agree they are worthy of the wall. Mick’s wisecrack during the 2015 show about staying in the “ Tom Brady suite “ at a local hotel with an under inflated pillow was hysterically on point. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1