Who Should Be Next On The Wall Of Fame?

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is easy to me (keep in mind I wasn’t alive for Byrd). Bennett was the best of the LBs and the 2nd best defensive player on those Bills teams. There are a bunch of guys up there that he was better than. He was a 2 time AFC DPOY and the guy that elevated the Bills from good to great. Forget about the off the field stuff (OJ is up there), Biscuit is WAY overdue.

It’s a tough situation because if you look at what he did on the field, he deserves it.  But it won’t look good to celebrate someone that pleaded guilty to sexual misconduct in the same city.   Plus the team has its own rumored recent history of misconduct and bad behavior among the administration (who have since been fired).  

I don’t think you can put Bennett on the wall in 2019.  The moment they do, the team will be flooded with complaints from fans, journalists and maybe even sponsors.  I think he’ll get on the wall at some point, but that it won’t happen this year 

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

I'm kinda surprised Rueben Brown dosnt get mentioned more for this. He may be a little over rated but I think he made 8 pro bowls

Yep a solid resume for sure.  I think towards the end of his stint he was one of those linemen that get into the Pro Bowl based on name value alone.  But then again he was an All Pro in Chicago once he left too

11 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

I would agree and have no problem taking his name off the wall.   I think the issue is that he technically was found innocent of the murder charges.  And as crazy as it sounds, I don’t think the armed robbery arrest was enough to take him down....only in the NFL

I apologize for bringing that monster into the conversation.  I won't continue.

Back on topic - I've always been on the fence with Fred.  But his tenure, stats (very good, not great) and the fact that I have yet to know a Bills fan who doesn't absolutely love him - I think he belongs.

While I would never advocate having him removed, I do not think Cookie belongs (due to his very short Bills tenure).  Him being up there makes me lean more toward Fred being up there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Biscuit for sure.  His talent stands up as it is but on top of that he was a major component to that magical era of Bills football we had in the late 80s and early 90s.  Put him up on the Wall and then we can finally close the final chapter of the Super Bowl years. 

• Like (+1) 2

Ron McDole

Image result for ron mcdole

Buffalo Bills

McDole played at left defensive end for the Buffalo Bills of the American Football League from 1963 to 1970 after spending the 1962 season with the AFL's Houston Oilers, anchoring the left side of the Bills' great defensive line.

The Bills finished tied with the Boston Patriots for the AFL's Eastern Division title in 1963, losing the playoff game to the Pats. They would win the division for the next three years, together with two American Football League championships, in 1964 and in 1965. McDole and his defensive linemates (left tackle Jim Dunaway, right tackle Tom Sestak, and right end Tom Day) held the opposition without a rushing touchdown in 17 straight games over the 1964–1965 seasons. McDole was the defensive team captain during those years, an AFL All-Star in 1965 and 1967. He was selected to the All-Time All-AFL second team.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_McDole

Edited by HOUSE
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

In no particular order

Darwin Walker

Vontae Davis

Coy Wire

For those three gems, I suggest Shooter McGavin for the Wall, but leave the ‘er’ off his first name when the letters are attached.

Moorman. Best player on basically every bills team from 2000-2010. It not his fault the rest of the team stunk. It’s not the punters fault, that the best player on the team is a punter. Elite in his position group in regards to the rest of the league and easily the best and most consistent Bill for an entire decade.

16 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Ron McDole

Image result for ron mcdole

Buffalo Bills

McDole played at left defensive end for the Buffalo Bills of the American Football League from 1963 to 1970 after spending the 1962 season with the AFL's Houston Oilers, anchoring the left side of the Bills' great defensive line.

The Bills finished tied with the Boston Patriots for the AFL's Eastern Division title in 1963, losing the playoff game to the Pats. They would win the division for the next three years, together with two American Football League championships, in 1964 and in 1965. McDole and his defensive linemates (left tackle Jim Dunaway, right tackle Tom Sestak, and right end Tom Day) held the opposition without a rushing touchdown in 17 straight games over the 1964–1965 seasons. McDole was the defensive team captain during those years, an AFL All-Star in 1965 and 1967. He was selected to the All-Time All-AFL second team.

The dancing bear.

Just now, Phil The Thrill said:

Good resume but I think you’d have to induct him with a player from more recent history.  I don’t think many fans are familiar with him

What?

I remember a lot of big plays by Cornelius Bennett.  The article says Biscuit was a 2 time Defensive Player of the Year.    That's impressive, did not remember that. 

For Eric Moulds and Kyle Williams it's just a matter of time.   Would like to see Freddy Jackson get the honor.  

3 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

My vote goes to Dri Archer

My son played against him in high school. Dude was so fast..........you never even saw him!

Well, in Buffalo anyway.