Who Should Be Next On The Wall Of Fame?

Ryan Talbot and the crew at NY Upstate recently wrote an article ranking 10 ex Bills who deserve to be on The Wall Of Fame aka “the shield that guards the realm of men.”  He is clear the list is only based on the on-field accomplishments.  But you know how that goes.  

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/expo/sports/g66l-2019/05/ca1467fe036e4/whos-next-for-buffalo-bills-wall-of-fame-ranking-cornelius-bennett-kyle-williams-more.html

To say the least - there are some interesting rankings.  I feel that Aaron Shoebel is ranked too high and Fred Jackson and Kyle Williams are more deserving that Shoebel.  I don’t really know enough about Butch Byrd.  Eric Moulds and Reuben Brown are great choices

The surprise to me is Cornelius Bennett ranked #1.  For his on the field contributions, I would agree he should be ranked toward the top as next selection.

But in 2019, I think Bennett would be a very tough sell given the fact that he pleaded guilty to misconduct over an incident that happened in downtown Buffalo.  I think his selection would get a lot of backlash and that owner Kim Pegula would take a lot of heat.  I’m not saying that I agree or disagree either way, but I don’t think it’s a likely move.  

If it was up to you, what former Bill would you place in the Wall? 

Edited by BillyWhiteShows

5 minutes ago, Rico said:

Butch Byrd. Absolutely no one from the 21st century teams should be considered before him.

This^ I have little interest in drought era players on the wall until all else has been exhausted. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 4

Can we get a couple of people taken off of the wall?  You know, addition by subtraction?  Remove Phil Hansen (I would also probably support removing Gilchrist and Lou Saban, as well) and I think you return the wall to more of a "Greatest contributors only".  

In no particular order, I think the following are deserving of being on the wall next: Butch Byrd, McKenzie, Moulds, R. Brown, K. Williams.  

I agree with Byrd.

Aaron Schobel DEFINITELY belongs up there.  Nine-year career Bill.  Played 16 games in 8 of those seasons, amassing 78 sacks.

Then Kyle Williams.

Then Fred.

That's all I got.

Oh ... and get OJ Simpson off the wall.  I get that he was an awesome RB.  But he is a woman abuser and a murderer.  There are bigger things than football - even on the wall of a football stadium.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 2

This is easy to me (keep in mind I wasn’t alive for Byrd). Bennett was the best of the LBs and the 2nd best defensive player on those Bills teams. There are a bunch of guys up there that he was better than. He was a 2 time AFC DPOY and the guy that elevated the Bills from good to great. Forget about the off the field stuff (OJ is up there), Biscuit is WAY overdue.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I agree with Byrd.

Aaron Schobel DEFINITELY belongs up there.  Nine-year career Bill.  Played 16 games in 8 of those seasons, amassing 78 sacks.

Then Kyle Williams.

Then Fred.

That's all I got.

Oh ... and get OJ Simpson off the wall.  I get that he was an awesome RB.  But he is a woman abuser and a murderer.  There are bigger things than football - even on the wall of a football stadium.

I would agree and have no problem taking his name off the wall.   I think the issue is that he technically was found innocent of the murder charges.  And as crazy as it sounds, I don’t think the armed robbery arrest was enough to take him down....only in the NFL

23 minutes ago, 17years&waiting said:

Can we get a couple of people taken off of the wall?  You know, addition by subtraction?  Remove Phil Hansen (I would also probably support removing Gilchrist and Lou Saban, as well) and I think you return the wall to more of a "Greatest contributors only".  

In no particular order, I think the following are deserving of being on the wall next: Butch Byrd, McKenzie, Moulds, R. Brown, K. Williams.  

Saban and Gilchrist; not a chance dude!

• Like (+1) 3