So Who Now Should Be In Charge Of The offense Unfettered?

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

Daboll would in all likelihood be looking for and taking into consideration any advice McDermott may have on the the short and long term develpment of Josh Allen IMO. McDermotts experience working in the same camp as Cam Newton an athlete with a much similar skill set and an ability to help game plan the opposition gives Daboll a perspective through the eyes of a DC.

For the most part though I think Daboll has been and will continue to the call the shots. 

I have no doubt the HC has insight on what his coaches do.  And as seel last season take over the play calling IF he sees a fundamental failure as he did with Frasier 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I have no doubt the HC has insight on what his coaches do.  And as seel last season take over the play calling IF he sees a fundamental failure as he did with Frasier 

...I probably did a lousy job characterizing my thoughts on the subject.....certainly there were limitations due to personnel issues...was speculating that McDermott had us in the "play it safe" mode which made Daboll more conservative in play calling....

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I probably did a lousy job characterizing my thoughts on the subject.....certainly there were limitations due to personnel issues...was speculating that McDermott had us in the "play it safe" mode which made Daboll more conservative in play calling....

Or its the new way to introduce rookies.

Chicago and Trubisky  

Trubisky hardly threw the ball his first season    2,193 yds  59.4%comp, the following season 3,223 yds and 66.6% comp

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Or its the new way to introduce rookies.

Chicago and Trubisky  

Trubisky hardly threw the ball his first season    2,193 yds  59.4%comp, the following season 3,223 yds and 66.6% comp

...good call bud........2019 is shaping up to be interesting..........

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....some of the beotches last year were "well McDermott is a defensive leaning guy" or "Daboll had no talent to work with".....certainly appears like McBeane has made some decisive and effective moves (sure, on paper so far) on the offensive side of the ball...so are we at a point where McD hands the reins over to Daboll as the bonafide "in charge OC" ready to display "his stuff", or does McDermott still feel the need to keep him on the conservative "short leash"?.....

Based on the evolution of the offense last season, adding speed and quickness, dropping slow, I don’t see any evidence Daboll wasn’t already in the drivers seat last year.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

WHAT ON EARTH IS THE QUESTION?

The question was and still now is who should assume a position whereby they may, and in fact should, take lead of the otherwise hereto unfettered offense heretofore referred to as the "Offense" except with regard to situations of personal and aggravated insult?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

I feel you bruh... I just saw words and put together my own question and I replied with words and put together my own answer...

How much influence Bills HC McDermott may have on the Offense as Allen develops I think is a good Question. Does Daboll fit the process?

AFL just has a colorful way of asking it, authenticity at its finest...

23 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

The question was and still now is who should assume a position whereby they may, and in fact should, take lead of the otherwise hereto unfettered offense heretofore referred to as the "Offense" except with regard to situations of personal and aggravated insult?

I need to speak to my Attorney,

Shaw to the unfettered thread please...

1 hour ago, Figster said:

How much influence Bills HC McDermott may have on the Offense as Allen develops I think is a good Question. Does Daboll fit the process?

AFL just has a colorful way of asking it, authenticity at its finest...

...goin' back under my rock where I belong...........

14 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Not sure where this comes from, while the offense played poorly last year Daboll had some brilliant game plans. The offense couldn’t execute squat and having no running game and a million penalties killed a lot of momentum. Daboll had some iffy calls but overall I thought he schemed fantastically. The receivers on this team couldn’t get open or separation and he schemed them open. I also thought for the first time in many years the offense could actually make adjustments at halftime and counter things opposing defenses were doing well. It’s not out of the realm of possibilities that with a really big jump for the offense he may find some head coaching interviews 

This is why the coaching staff needs to place someone on Dabols hip pocket. Should his scheme work wonders, and should he leave for a promotion, that person steps up with the same understanding and knowledge of the system that Is already in place. Continuity breeds winning. As opposed to bringing in a new coordinator, and changing everything. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. (Wrecks) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Not put too fine a point on it, but may I suggest adding “fettered” between the bolded phrasing above? More distinguishable that way, imho. :D

• Haha (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Vod Kanockers said:

This is why the coaching staff needs to place someone on Dabols hip pocket. Should his scheme work wonders, and should he leave for a promotion, that person steps up with the same understanding and knowledge of the system that Is already in place. Continuity breeds winning. As opposed to bringing in a new coordinator, and changing everything. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. (Wrecks) 

Lack of continuity breeds losers,

How different could it have been If Wade Philips stayed on as HC in Buffalo for the next decade? Marrone moves on and takes the Jags deeper into the playoffs then Buffalo has seen in over 2 decades.The Browns are another good example of a team that has been completely lacking in continuity. I'm not saying change is always a bad thing, but it means starting over again. Different systems need different players. Its a never ending process and clearly not ye kind of process HC McD has in mind.

Good post, thanks.

Edited by Figster