Chris Brown: Josh in No Huddle is Dialed in

7 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

You basically need to screen shot this so you would have the best possible "I told you so" in the history of this franchise--but I'm with you in spirit, even though I won't go quite that far on paper. ;) 

I don’t know why you say that! I think the Bills are a lock for the Super Bowl!

Edit: got it now. Can I present this post to Vegas and collect next year? 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

I don’t doubt that he looks good but I also learned to take what Chris Brown says with a grain of salt back in 2006.  His reporting is fluff.  I hope he’s right but don’t have any confidence in his opinion.  I think he said Peterman looked good at OTA’s last year too

He wasn’t alone in that opinion at the time though, in terms of the media. 

2 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Ok, the point was many busts look amazing in OTA's.  Rob Johnson and JP Losman come to mind.  Any NFL QB can look great without a pass rush, even Nathan Peterman.  That's the point, no stock should be put into anything until the regular season starts, in my opinion.

So, if the reports coming out of the OTAs were that Allen couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn play after play, you wouldn’t be worried at all? 

12 hours ago, Negan said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the Bills are in the Super Bowl this year

Yep.

To me its the Pats led by Gronk less Grandpa Tom

The Chargers.

The Colts.  

And one of Pittsburgh or Cleveland.

The Chiefs no way after losing Hunt, likely Hill, and their center will be remotely the same O.

The AFC is wide open.  

Defenses know how to deal with the no huddle these days, and players are in much better shape. I think the pats do it the best. There are times you want to go fast and times you want to go slow. Change up the pace as necessary, but no reason to go no huddle the majority of the time.

Also Chris Brown mentioned that Dabol is allowing Josh Allen to sometimes run those 2 minute drills and call plays himself on occasion. That is tremendous. Wonder if he'll let him do that in the regular season this year at all.

14 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'd be concerned if Josh didn't look great in the 2-minute drill against his own teammates.  I look forward to seeing it translate to meaningful games (and I'm confident that it will).

Especially considering the guy forming the opinion is paid by the team to promote the team.

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

On WGR right now (OBL), Chris Brown says Allen looks incredibly sharp and on point especially in 2 minute drill work, wonders if Daboll will incorporate additional no huddle elements at different spots in games like the Pats are known to do, and Daboll is familiar with that also.

Would it be too much to ask for a renaissance of our no huddle offense, version 2.0? Josh seems to be a good candidate, and our improved D could be the key in being able to absorb increased minutes on the field? What say you?

(at the 28:40 mark) 

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/5-29-hr-1-one-bills-live

Man, would love to see the no huddle again!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

It's not unreasonable to assume that our O-line will be much improved from last year. But, that will have to be a reality, IMO, before we see a no-huddle on game day. I still remember Dick Jauron's no-huddle/no-Oline offense, and what a disaster that was.

or ej running the hurry up. :doh:

12 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Peterman must have been good in OTAs. It’s honestly the only explanation that would make any sort of sense. 

That and all the others must have been horrible. 

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Defenses know how to deal with the no huddle these days, and players are in much better shape. I think the pats do it the best. There are times you want to go fast and times you want to go slow. Change up the pace as necessary, but no reason to go no huddle the majority of the time.

Sure some do.  

The key is catching the defense in a bad matchup and running plays fast enough for the defense to remain on the field in a mismatch 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

On WGR right now (OBL), Chris Brown says Allen looks incredibly sharp and on point especially in 2 minute drill work, wonders if Daboll will incorporate additional no huddle elements at different spots in games like the Pats are known to do, and Daboll is familiar with that also.

Would it be too much to ask for a renaissance of our no huddle offense, version 2.0? Josh seems to be a good candidate, and our improved D could be the key in being able to absorb increased minutes on the field? What say you?

(at the 28:40 mark) 

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/5-29-hr-1-one-bills-live

Sorry, LTTP, been busy.

HUDs, I am not sure if I would love it like we had with Kelly, but that is just me being nervous as I (we) have not actually seen it "Go!" yet.

However, if the line can block it...then damn straight!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Sorry, LTTP, been busy.

HUDs, I am not sure if I would love it like we had with Kelly, but that is just me being nervous as I (we) have not actually seen it "Go!" yet.

However, if the line can block it...then damn straight!

Exactly right—last year this wouldn’t even have been in the cards to attempt given the unmitigated line disaster that was unfolding—safe to say that Beane targeting this area of need opens the possibilities provided our line gels quickly. Hanging my hat on Morse being able to channel shades of Kent Hull I know, but look at what he did in KC in that record setting offense last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

The no huddle I’d like to see is the third and fourth and short situations. Brady and the Pats own that moment and I’ve never understood why other teams don’t do it. You just almost got a first down but are a little short. Line up quickly and see if your QB can fall forward for an easy first down. If it’s not there, audible out or call a TO. 

Pats force the the other team to call a time out or convert on that play 90% of the time. I see no other team do it. Makes me nuts. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

The no huddle I’d like to see is the third and fourth and short situations. Brady and the Pats own that moment and I’ve never understood why other teams don’t do it. You just almost got a first down but are a little short. Line up quickly and see if your QB can fall forward for an easy first down. If it’s not there, audible out or call a TO. 

Pats force the the other team to call a time out or convert on that play 90% of the time. I see no other team do it. Makes me nuts. 

Absolutely with you on this one!!   

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/29/2019 at 12:51 PM, Tenhigh said:

TT ran a very SLOW no huddle himself....

Delay of game No huddle offense was a sight to behold.

Hope fully Josh actually can read a defense and get 3-4 seconds from the line.

Center has to make the checks and why we went after Morse i suspect

16 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Especially considering the guy forming the opinion is paid by the team to promote the team.

:lol:

What is this all then ?

damned pesky russkies infiltrating even the Bills  lol

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Pats force the the other team to call a time out or convert on that play 90% of the time. I see no other team do it. Makes me nuts

This describes my usual state of mind with that team. Why do they corner the market on unique wrinkles? Coach “Dabes”is already letting Josh call his own series of plays now and then this year, so maybe that’s the start of something that could turn into a reasonable facsimile of where Daboll came from with NE.