Chris Brown: Josh in No Huddle is Dialed in

13 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

I like using the no-huddle opportunistically to:

• Prevent defensive substitutions when there is a personnel miss-match in our favor
  • When a reviewable play has gone our way - to minimize time for opponents review
  • We are losing and a few more plays are in our best interest
  • Random Moments - to catch the defense flat-footed or in the middle of a substitution (I hate it when every play starts with one second on the play clock - the defense can time the snap to easily)

The opportunistic no-huddle has much more value to me than always running the no-huddle.  I hate complementing the Pats*, but they do this well.

If the offense is substituting players the defense has the right to match personnel. The umpire will stand over the ball and not let it be snapped

so hypothetically the play  before the no huddle started the defense would be allowed to match personnel

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Like where your head's at with that, but don't forget the K-Gun was called that for Keith McKeller, not Kelly; so which of the current TE crop can we choose for this version?

I know but considering we have 30 TEs I thought this was more appropriate. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

I could see a LOT of first downs to Beasley in a no-huddle, with how quickly he gets open and them supposedly wanting Josh to focus more on the short game.

Sure!  Either quick throws to Beasley on 3rd down or long passes to Brown on 1st down in the no huddle.  We could call it the BB gun.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

It is day 5 of OTA's. 

Yes, it's May. If you're not interested in any football between OTAs and preseason, the forum will still be here in September.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Bill Murray said:

Josh's running ability makes the no huddle interesting... if you dont fool the D, or if the execution of a play gets sloppy with the WRs due to miscommunication at the line, he can still run on busted plays and make big gains.  

Most importantly, if the defense gets caught with a unit incapable of containing his running.  Keep them in the game with the no huddle 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Sure!  Either quick throws to Beasley on 3rd down or long passes to Brown on 1st down in the no huddle.  We could call it the BB gun.

Love that. And further disguise the initial BB Gun no huddle formation with the call sign "Red Ryder"--you know, something akin to Peyton constantly barking out "Omaha" or something like that, lol  

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That was so painful. Was that under G-Ro? Imagine how slow Lamar’s 2 minute drill will be

The Ravens' game plan will be to begin their 2:00 drill at the 5:00 mark.

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Like where your head's at with that, but don't forget the K-Gun was called that for Keith McKeller, not Kelly; so which of the current TE crop can we choose for this version?

Jason Croom = J-Gun. The op was right to begin with. 

10 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I guess I'll wait until I see real games.  I hate how long and drawn out the off season is...  All the feel good crap during training camp then BOOM, still suck.

McD thanks in no small part to JA's emergence, somehow cobbled ("MacGyvered") together 6 wins out of a squad carrying 50m in dead money and arguably the worst O-line/WR combo (to say nothing of the QB dumpster fire that Josh was prematurely thrown into) this side of Arizona in 2018. With a much improved roster situation, put me down for stunned if we don't see corresponding improvement in the regular season. However, your cynicism comes from a long historical precedent, which I can't argue has happened. It just feels and looks different this time around though. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1