Chris Brown: Josh in No Huddle is Dialed in

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thanks!  Just looked at my bet tickets again...

Its 60-1 on AFCC game win and 125-1 on SB win.  So with my 2 $100 bets on each, I would actually hit $18,500 if they hit plus the $500 from the over 6.5 wins bet for a total of $19,000 actually, not $16,000.  Made the bet last month, so forgot what the actual odds were.  

Well, Since I'm helping root for them, you can send me the extra 3k. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Or Trent Edwards was given the keys for the no-huddle by Chan!!!

The no huddle offense is too quick for Trentative.  He needs time to take a look downfield, panic, and then dump the ball off.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

I still remember when Fitz tried no huddle...

It was actually Doug Marrine and EJ his rookie year where they went full non huddle for about 8-10 weeks then scrapped it

chan only used it a bit

Edited by Buffalo716

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

13 catches for 214 yards and 3 touchdowns. ?

I will put a Zay statue on my beach patio for all to see as they pass down the bike path if he does that on his way to helping me win $19k.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

I hope they do. Dictating pace, especially when catching the opponent in a favorable matchup and preventing sub packages is a huge advantage for the offense. One of the things I’ve always respected about the Pats*** under Belichick. 

This 100% - I do not want the Jim Kelly - no huddle fast attack.  That was great; but I do not need that pace all game long.

Give me a huddle when you come out for a few plays and then after you get a first down or two and you have some D-line getting tired - pick up the pace and don’t let them substitute and let the offense dictate the tempo and plays.  Use it especially on 3rd down and short - you have the entire playbook - from QB sneak to long pass available and you can get the defense in a pickle before you even snap the ball.

It is a huge advantage for the offense and one very few teams take advantage of.  

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

On WGR right now (OBL), Chris Brown says Allen looks incredibly sharp and on point especially in 2 minute drill work, wonders if Daboll will incorporate additional no huddle elements at different spots in games like the Pats are known to do, and Daboll is familiar with that also.

Would it be too much to ask for a renaissance of our no huddle offense, version 2.0? Josh seems to be a good candidate, and our improved D could be the key in being able to absorb increased minutes on the field? What say you?

Who do we have that can do the hard count?

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Correct    BUT  

Moron Marrone only executed the NH when EJ was under center.   AND no one else during the season when EJ was injured.  

How stupid was that?  

I remember that, we were playing the Pats at Home, leading with about a bit over 4 mins on the clock in the 4th, and they run the no huddle which we went 3 and out in about 30 sec.  They gave the ball back to Tommy terrific with over 3 mins and 3 times.  I don't have to tell you how it ended. 

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

You know what I think? I think that Chris Brown is one of (if not the) the most tenured people at OBD, and I think it's about time we transition... I associate him with all kinds of horrible football teams. 

There's a version of this that ends very badly for you... 

Only a couple hundred bucks badly... not too bad

I like using the no-huddle opportunistically to:

• Prevent defensive substitutions when there is a personnel miss-match in our favor
  • When a reviewable play has gone our way - to minimize time for opponents review
  • We are losing and a few more plays are in our best interest
  • Random Moments - to catch the defense flat-footed or in the middle of a substitution (I hate it when every play starts with one second on the play clock - the defense can time the snap too easily)

The opportunistic no-huddle has much more value to me than always running the no-huddle.  I hate complementing the Pats*, but they do this well.

Edited by Forward Progress
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

TT ran a very SLOW no huddle himself....

TT seemed like snorted a massive dose of beta blockers before every game. He came off like he was chilling at the beach or something. If he had more swag (other than his apparent fashion sense, which has gone off the rails imo), and killer instinct, he could have been more successful.

6 minutes ago, ko12010 said:

TT seemed like snorted a massive dose of beta blockers before every game. He came off like he was chilling at the beach or something. If he had more swag (other than his apparent fashion sense, which has gone off the rails imo), and killer instinct, he could have been more successful.

the few times TuhRod showed spunk was when he was about to be pulled due to injury.   And playing injured really does not benefit a MEH player 

• Like (+1) 2