Chris Brown: Josh in No Huddle is Dialed in

On WGR right now (OBL), Chris Brown says Allen looks incredibly sharp and on point especially in 2 minute drill work, wonders if Daboll will incorporate additional no huddle elements at different spots in games like the Pats are known to do, and Daboll is familiar with that also.

Would it be too much to ask for a renaissance of our no huddle offense, version 2.0? Josh seems to be a good candidate, and our improved D could be the key in being able to absorb increased minutes on the field? What say you?

(at the 28:40 mark) 

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/5-29-hr-1-one-bills-live

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Or Trent Edwards was given the keys for the no-huddle by Chan!!!

OMG both no huddle nightmares were by Chan...

The Bills need a better offense this year, the decades of no offense will end this year.

• Like (+1) 3

Sure, there are times when you want to be able to run no huddle (outside of the obvious two-minute situations), like sustaining a drive without letting the opposing D substitute players. I don't see that happening more than one or two drives per game, though.

• Like (+1) 1

It's not unreasonable to assume that our O-line will be much improved from last year. But, that will have to be a reality, IMO, before we see a no-huddle on game day. I still remember Dick Jauron's no-huddle/no-Oline offense, and what a disaster that was.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'd be concerned if Josh didn't look great in the 2-minute drill against his own teammates.  I look forward to seeing it translate to meaningful games (and I'm confident that it will).

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WhoTom said:

Sure, there are times when you want to be able to run no huddle (outside of the obvious two-minute situations), like sustaining a drive without letting the opposing D substitute players. I don't see that happening more than one or two drives per game, though.

Josh definitely would need to show that he’s able to dictate flow/call the right plays at the line for each situation and that’s a lot to ask of a 2nd year player, no matter his overall competency. Without looking it up, I wonder in what year Peyton Manning started doing his no huddle version in Indy, for comparison purposes. Obviously here in Buffalo, JK was already playing his 5th year before busting it out in 90. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wiskibreth said:

I'm glad the kid is showing progress, that's never a bad thing, but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves here.  It's OTAs for heaven's sake.

Voices of reason will always be shown the door, but thanks for playing!:D

In all seriousness, I get where you’re coming from, but so far every report we’re getting from Allen’s progress gives rise to boundless optimism. 

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/opinion/capaccio-allen-was-terrific-tuesdays-ota-session

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

On WGR right now (OBL), Chris Brown says Allen looks incredibly sharp and on point especially in 2 minute drill work, wonders if Daboll will incorporate additional no huddle elements at different spots in games like the Pats are known to do, and Daboll is familiar with that also.

Would it be too much to ask for a renaissance of our no huddle offense, version 2.0? Josh seems to be a good candidate, and our improved D could be the key in being able to absorb increased minutes on the field? What say you?

I hope they do. Dictating pace, especially when catching the opponent in a favorable matchup and preventing sub packages is a huge advantage for the offense. One of the things I’ve always respected about the Pats*** under Belichick. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Voices of reason will always be shown the door, but thanks for playing!:D

In all seriousness, I get where you’re coming from, but so far every report we’re getting from Allen’s progress gives rise to boundless optimism. 

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/opinion/capaccio-allen-was-terrific-tuesdays-ota-session

And its all good to hear and read, but I'll reserve my jubilation and praise for Sunday performance.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, wiskibreth said:

I'm glad the kid is showing progress, that's never a bad thing, but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves here.  It's OTAs for heaven's sake.

lets just say this....if he didn't look good in OTAs we would be concerned...a box checked.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

OMG both no huddle nightmares were by Chan...

The Bills need a better offense this year, the decades of no offense will end this year.

The first one was under Jauron with Edwards, and the second was under Marrone with Manuel.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Josh's running ability makes the no huddle interesting... if you dont fool the D, or if the execution of a play gets sloppy with the WRs due to miscommunication at the line, he can still run on busted plays and make big gains.  

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

lets just say this....if he didn't look good in OTAs we would be concerned...a box checked.

Exactly--he's done everything asked of him and then some. Am proud to have him as the face of our franchise thus far. As pointed out above, it needs to translate to Sundays at 1pm, but nothing so far leads me to believe that it won't. Don't forget his 5TD parting shot to the NFL in the last game last year--I feel like he's carrying over from the last 6 games and in the right direction. 

• Like (+1) 2