Sign in to follow this  
T master

Who is Your Favorite New Player to This Point ?

On 5/29/2019 at 5:43 PM, Mr. WEO said:

ED Oliver.

(Torrell Troup??) 

It is blasphemous to invoke the Troupacabra without a sacrifice!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Vosean Joseph, his development and potential. Super athletic but very raw I imagine he'll learn under Zo. 

Juwan Foggie too, his name is amazing 👍😆

....we seem to have the knack for 5th round finds......Meatball, Milano, the Neal kid last year showed some promise and now the Joseph upside....interesting....

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Vosean Joseph, his development and potential. Super athletic but very raw I imagine he'll learn under Zo. 

Juwan Foggie too, his name is amazing 👍😆

I'd love to hear New Era Field in a raucous chant of "Foooo-Geeee! FOOOOO-GEEEE!", just to hear it. Probably a PS guy this year, though, if he makes the cut. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It is blasphemous to invoke the Troupacabra without a sacrifice!

Who knows what Troup would have become without the back injury......doesnt matter he was a bust.

I think Morse makes the whole thing work. Without him, would we have taken Oliver at 9? Or would we have traded down and taken a center instead? In the event we still did take Oliver, would we have gotten Ford or Singletary? I don't think so. Strategically Mitch Morse was the lynchpin to our offseason. That signing made us, otherwise we'd be drafting for need and in a weak spot draftwise.

• Like (+1) 3

I was pretty pumped for Dobson too, not sure what will happen.

Kid is 20 and raw, good athlete and decent size. Think he only played 1 year, it was a productive year though.

McD's scheme is pretty LB friendly, some of the UDFAs could stick

23 minutes ago, notwoz said:

I'll offer my opinion after the season is over. 

We’ll be on the edge of our seats. 

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

We’ll be on the edge of our seats. 

Thanks for your support. But we haven't seen anything from any of these guys yet. Let's see what they have to offer once the season starts. Until then it's all opinions and BS.

Posted (edited)

I believe that Devin Singletary will be an electrifying player true to his tape...Joseph as well.

Edited by Rocket94

It’s so obvious I hate to post it, but Ed Oliver fascinates me. I think he could be a wrecking ball. I loved Kyle, but this could be something special. 

I believe that Devin Singletary will be an electrifying player true to his film...Joseph as well. Or, the new DE whenever he arrives!

Cody Ford gets little mention, but how great would it be to have RT locked down for the next decade???

8 hours ago, Augie said:

It’s so obvious I hate to post it, but Ed Oliver fascinates me. I think he could be a wrecking ball. I loved Kyle, but this could be something special. 

I agree.  Oliver was the best prospect that I thought could possibly fall to the Bills at 9.  I think we got lucky.  In addition to Oliver, I also think I’m going to love watching Ford play.  Guess I’m being super obvious with these two, but that’s where I am. 

Ed Oliver, but I really like Joseph as well. I think we got another mid-round gem at LB. I believe he takes over for Alexander when he finally hangs them up. Watched him Florida games at least 10 times and the guy flies around all over the field hammering people. You heard his name a lot. 

Posted (edited)

I really like UDFA Foggie, his coverage ability if off the charts, bulk him up just a little bit and teach him how to crack some heads. I really hope he can make the team over the bums Corey Thompson and Stanford.

Edited by NewCastleFanBills
Misspelled name

On 5/29/2019 at 2:08 PM, wppete said:

This kid has become Buffalo proud, to see how excited he is, is so telling of the type of person he is. It's impossible not to root for him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Beasley- can’t wait to see this guy light it up this year. 

I think it's going to be the one guy I winced the most at when they drafted him - Singletary.  I couldn't get why they drafted a RB that high, but after watching him run, he's like a pin ball hitting bumpers. Can't wait to see him in real action.

For me, trying to pick a favorite is kind of an arbitrary choice.  I like some more than others for their potential impact.  I like some because they have a cool story.  Dawson Knox's story is interesting, for instance: a good high school QB who walked on at Ole Miss so he could switch positions.  It took like 35 lbs of weight gain, but he's smart and athletic.  He's considered raw, but seems to have a very well rounded game.  He can block, he can catch and he runs good routes.  He might find himself atop the depth chart sooner than later with Kroft having broken his foot.  Seems like he's got a laid back personality, but his philosophy as a player is to outwork whoever is ahead of him.  Then Ty Nsekhe has a good story to, and Duke Williams, and David Sills, and a bunch of others.

9 hours ago, NewCastleFanBills said:

This kid has become Buffalo proud, to see how excited he is, is so telling of the type of person he is. It's impossible not to root for him.

Hey...good stuff!

On 5/30/2019 at 2:48 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...certainly agree......but imagine trotting him out interspersed for a couple of series and opposing DC's never anticipating it.......could be interesting....

If he is behind McCoy, Gore and Yeldon, then he is not suiting up on game day.