Who is Your Favorite New Player to This Point ?

Each year there are new guys brought in to compete for a spot on the team that fast become favorites of us the fans hear on this & other sites that we frequent, past years we have had those players like Brandon Reilly, Torell Troup, & others that became those we as fans route for to become players that we want to make the team .

Then of coarse there are the players that have endeared them selves for ever that have been the underdog & through hard work & a Bills like mentality have become fan favorites for life those being Fred Jackson, Kyle Williams, Stevie Johnson & so on .

Of this years players brought in i have seen & heard one of the players that really has me routing for him, the guy just seems to be a typical Bills type of player & has had a similar career route to the NFL as one of our favorites being that of Fred Jackson, this new player that i really am hoping makes the team & could be a starter is Ty Nsekhe .

He has had a couple of interviews on GMFB & other places, he has also been in the arena football league just to make a paycheck & to hone his skills he seems to be a very humble player & thankful to be playing in the NFL which with a lot of the prima donna's running around the NFL the kind of humbleness Ty display's is a welcome sight !

Another player i have grown fond of & would like to see on the team is Singletary .

I was wondering if you as fans have heard of other players that have had the same effect on you one that you see them as being a good fit not only as a player but some one that is that Kyle Williams type that just comes in does their job, doesn't run their mouth & when they do talk shows they have something other than just them selves to talk about that also has a humble out look to being in the NFL .

I guess there area a lot of those kind of players to choose from on this team because it doesn't seem that McBeane wants those kind of players that run their mouth & are typical "Look at ME" NFL player which i for one am very thankful for ! Some of the guys in the league now make TO's look at me moment's look tame in some ways ? !!

Well let us know if you have a favorite to this point, one that you really hope sticks & has a chance to be another Bills fan favorite ...

• Like (+1) 2

Duke Williams and Devin Singletary

Duke just needs the chance to show why he was considered an elite player coming out of college with a bad rap sheet that made his stock plummet. Kid looks to have matured and I'm super excited to see his talent shine on the field.

Singletary looks to have "it" like I saw in Thurman. I think he's the steal of the draft.

Edited by Badanswer
  • Like (+1) 5

Favorites new players for me:  Some of their stories are part of it...

1. Ed Oliver - Just feels like he was born to anchor the Buffalo Bills DL.  So much to like about his game and his fit in this team.
  2. Devin Singletary - Super excited to see this kid get on the field in preseason.  I think he is going to be a heck of a lot of fun to watch play for the Bills for years.
  3. Duke Williams - He is no lock for the roster, but I love a good redemption story and would love someone with his type of skill set in our WR room (Big catch radius guy).
  4. Dawson Knox - I am so excited to have a young athletic TE that can grow with Josh and really excited to him this preseason get on the field.  As much as it sucked to see Kroft get hurt, I think it could be valuable opportunity for Knox to expedite his development so he can be more of a factor on the field as a rookie.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 7

42 minutes ago, T master said:

Each year there are new guys brought in to compete for a spot on the team that fast become favorites of us the fans hear on this & other sites that we frequent, past years we have had those players like Brandon Reilly, Torell Troup, & others that became those we as fans route for to become players that we want to make the team .

Then of coarse there are the players that have endeared them selves for ever that have been the underdog & through hard work & a Bills like mentality have become fan favorites for life those being Fred Jackson, Kyle Williams, Stevie Johnson & so on .

Of this years players brought in i have seen & heard one of the players that really has me routing for him, the guy just seems to be a typical Bills type of player & has had a similar career route to the NFL as one of our favorites being that of Fred Jackson, this new player that i really am hoping makes the team & could be a starter is Ty Nsekhe .

He has had a couple of interviews on GMFB & other places, he has also been in the arena football league just to make a paycheck & to hone his skills he seems to be a very humble player & thankful to be playing in the NFL which with a lot of the prima donna's running around the NFL the kind of humbleness Ty display's is a welcome sight !

Another player i have grown fond of & would like to see on the team is Singletary .

I was wondering if you as fans have heard of other players that have had the same effect on you one that you see them as being a good fit not only as a player but some one that is that Kyle Williams type that just comes in does their job, doesn't run their mouth & when they do talk shows they have something other than just them selves to talk about that also has a humble out look to being in the NFL .

I guess there area a lot of those kind of players to choose from on this team because it doesn't seem that McBeane wants those kind of players that run their mouth & are typical "Look at ME" NFL player which i for one am very thankful for ! Some of the guys in the league now make TO's look at me moment's look tame in some ways ? !!

Well let us know if you have a favorite to this point, one that you really hope sticks & has a chance to be another Bills fan favorite ...

Sills V, Dawson Knox and Tommy Sweeny

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Like (+1) 1

Ed Oliver - In the time it took him to walk to the stage on draft day I had already decided that Ed Oliver will be my next Bills jersey.   I've never seen anyone that happy to become a Buffalo Bill.  Boom or bust I love his attitude.

Duke Williams is a longer shot that I'm pulling for, hope he can keep his head on straight and shine in Buffalo. 

Edited by driddles
  • Like (+1) 7

My favorite is Ed Oliver because I expect him to be the best. I wouldn’t even be a little surprised to see him in the Pro Bowl this year.

Off the radar a little, I like Singletary because I pounded the table for him. It would be nice to be vindicated.

l like Beasley too because he’s can rap. We’ve needed some swagger.

• Like (+1) 4

I have to say Singletary too. I LOVE his running style and I think he will be very fun. to watch.  

Secondarily I would say Ed Oliver. Even though he may not have OTA highlights yet, he will undoubtedly have plenty of great moments once we start playing real football!

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Off the radar a little, I like Singletary because I pounded the table for him. It would be nice to be vindicated.

I am very confident that you will be.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm right there with Ty Nsekhe, as well. There was a great interview with him where he very articulately, and honestly described his style of play, and why he is physically more suited to the left side. He came off as professional, intelligent, and humble. Plus, he is 6'8" with the wingspan of a bull moose's antlers. I would love to see Dawkins get bumped in to LG, with Nsekhe at LT. 

I'm also on the Duke Williams bandwagon. Love his story, intensity, and blocking ability. It's early, but it's disappointing to read that he's been struggling in OTAs.

I'm also a big fan of McKenzie. I love his energy, and intensity, and he always has a smile on his face. And, I love his skills. He has great acceleration, and gets open. He also seemed pretty clutch last season, iirc. I hope he isn't supplanted by the combo of Beasley/Roberts, who both fill the role that McKenzie filled at the end of last season.

And one last fave, although he is such a long-shot to make the 53, it's ridiculous: Christian Wade. I know that highlight reels are very deceptive, but I recommend watching his rugby reel. He also has incredible acceleration and is so strong! I would love to see what that guy could do with pads on.

Just now, MJS said:

Does anyone expect that Singletary will get significant playing time this year?

yes.

• Like (+1) 1

As far as a player who will definitely make the team/contribute, I'll go with Ed Oliver.

From the day we signed Duke Williams, however, I have been super intrigued.  I hope he can make the team and continue what would be a pretty sweet success story.

• Like (+1) 2