Lost in the noise - Trent Murphy is looking and “playing” better

2 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Wtf are you talking about? So it's the Bills fault he has injury problems?

No. He never said that. 

He is saying why blame the player who has shown he is injury prone. The Bills signed an injury prone player coming off ACL. They knew who they were getting and rolled the dice hoping he has a few outlier injury free years.

9 minutes ago, cba fan said:

No. He never said that. 

He is saying why blame the player who has shown he is injury prone. The Bills signed an injury prone player coming off ACL. They knew who they were getting and rolled the dice hoping he has a few outlier injury free years.

The Bills aren't to blame though...

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, cba fan said:

No. He never said that. 

I agree with the bolded.  Trent also has to know that this year is his crossroads as a player.

He has to go all out and hope his knee has stabilized.  If he can't he won't be in Buffalo next year.

The groin injury really set him back last year too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Same thing I will say about all the guys looking good in OTAs...Nathan Peterman is looking good in shorts too (again).  Its premature.

However, looking good now is still better than not standing out at all.  And I have been one who thinks Murphy can be pretty good, so not raining on his parade.  I think on this defense, Murphy can and will surprise some of his critics this year IF...and thats a big IF...he can stay healthy.  He has talent, but injuries keep slowing him down.  

If he looked bad is it premature?

3 hours ago, Bigantall said:

I think you guys are putting the blame on the wrong person the Bills certainly knew of his injuries and they stilled signed him he certainly did not put a gun to their heads I thought for the injury his play wasn't that bad lets see you armchair quarter backs can still do your paper routes with a bad wheel

wtf is this? Does the "period"key on your keyboard not work? Not only that, but this whole statement is just a big mess.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t recall a lot of his play from last year but he seemed to be mostly hampered by injury - in addition to trying to come back from the ACL, he missed a lot of time with that groin injury 

So get your sports from a jock like me, who knows what it's like to have a groin injury.  A g-g-groin, injury.

Edited by eball

Frazier said in his press conference that they knew Murphy wouldn’t be healthy, or a big contributor, last season. He said they were lucky that he was even available as much as he was. 

He said it was a multi-year signing with Murphy for a reason. 

Sounds like they have much bigger expectations for him this season. 

Hopefully we see the pre-injury version of Murphy this season. He was a beast in that season before he tore his ACL. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

With Shaq likely to be gone next year, the Bills need Murphy to perform this year and be the guy at left DE next year.  A pass rusher will be a need in free agency or the draft in any event next year.  If Murphy performs, they need one guy.  If not, they will need two.  Yarbrough has been a decent rotational player but he isn't the answer for a major role.  I remain skeptical about Murphy but I'm hoping he gets back on track for this year.  He has been very good in the past.

3 hours ago, cba fan said:

No. He never said that. 

He hasn’t shown that he’s injury prone. They did sign him coming off of an ACL, just like every team signs players coming off of ACL injuries. ACL tears heal, it’s ok to sign a guy who has had one. It’s not considered “rolling the dice”. Other than that, he had not had any injuries in his career to impact availability in the NFL or college so not sure you are aware of who this player is.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

He hasn’t shown that he’s injury prone. They did sign him coming off of an ACL, just like every team signs players coming off of ACL injuries. ACL tears heal, it’s ok to sign a guy who has had one. It’s not considered “rolling the dice”. Other than that, he had not had any injuries in his career to impact availability in the NFL or college so not sure you are aware of who this player is.

He missed nearly all of his Soph year in college due to injury.  He had the L ACL tear in 2017  missing the season.  Last year, he injured his ankle, his R knee and his groin.

7 hours ago, VirginiaMike said:

I believe he's scheduled for his yearly injury in week 4.  I don't think we want all the eggs in the Murphy basket.

He has not been hurt yearly.  How about facts:

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/trent-murphy/6968

Finally, who said the Bills were putting “all of the eggs” in the Murphy basket?  The thread simply started saying that his DC noted improvement in his “play.”