Predictable things fans overreact to

Yoho

On 5/28/2019 at 9:31 PM, Yoho said:

4.  There is always disgust with the drafting of a running back because as we all know they are a dime a dozen on the undrafted free agent market.  These fans seem to have missed that there are teams that have been looking for running backs for 10 years.  And Barkley and Elliot are pretty damn good.

Please add your own thoughts

In favor of drafting running backs in the first round, it is the position most likely to have immediate impact on the field, in part because there is so many fewer new things to learn than other positions.

In defense of Bills fans (including my own) disgust with drafting them in round 1, look at the Bills history with them. Neither Spiller nor Lynch could beat out Freddie, a UDFA. McGahee couldn't beat out Travis Henry. Going back further, Antowain Smith was a disappointment, many pulling for him to be replaced by late (7th?) round pick Darrick Holmes. Ronnie Harmon was replaced by a second round pick. Booker Moore, for good reason I should add, never panned out. Terry Miller was replaced by a second round pick in Cribbs. That OJ guy turned out OK, at least for the Bills.

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

HEY!!!  The moderator locked my thread!!!”  ?

Posted in a different thread, since the thread perceived as offensive  is now locked...?

Perhaps your threads all suck? Asking for a friend

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Or coaches with The Clap on the sideline... maybe that's what players react to more, tho ?

Yeah, listening to Steve Howe on the sidelines could be pretty distracting.

Edited by WhoTom

22 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...warm beer in "The Rockpile".......after tailgating, be thankful you even made it there without a GPS unit strapped to your arse..................

The fights/brawls for the ball after field goals and extra points - great memories!

5 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Agreed...too many ‘tire kickers’ around here.  ?

I know! Every TE, wrong side of 30 player...lets bring them in! I thought that was the Raiders job!

Edited by Rocket94