Predictable things fans overreact to

Yoho

5 hours ago, Maybe Someday said:

Don’t forget about the inevitable midseason “cut them now” threads.  Someone isn’t playing well, doesn’t matter that there’s no one available who is better to replace them with, just cut them now. 

Yup, this is what I was thinking. As well as the off-season salary cap babble about how "if they cut so and so they can save X amount! Of course, they have no one to replace him but think of the savings!" Or the inevitable whining about free agency and how they "overpaid for everyone! Get rid of Beane!" 

John Murphy elected to the Buffalo Broadcasters’ Hall of Fame, 2019 inductees.  Give it time, we’ll be kvetching...?

EDIT:  If they listen to OBLFOBD, the Hall will be repossessing the award.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

On 5/28/2019 at 11:24 PM, SCBills said:

I live in Atlanta, go to the game in Miami every etc..  I don’t know why certain Bills fans whine about Bills Mafia all the time... Bills Mafia is synonymous with Buffalo and is respected af outside of this board apparently.  I see it all over the southeast, where football is king - anytime I tell someone I’m a Bills fan, they respond with how much they love Bills Mafia. 

It would be akin to Atlanta fans calling themselves the Falcons Klan …. a certain demographic would be offended, a certain demographic would be embarrassed, a certain demographic would think it was "cool", and a certain demographic would think it's just juvenile and would rather be known just as "Falcon fans".

All of those fans who say how much they love the Bills Mafia are not saying they love the "Bills Mafia", but they're saying how much they love the things the Bills fans do for charity, how passionate & supportive the fans are toward the team, or how vocal the fans are in support of the team or the area of WNY. It would be the same respect if we called ourselves the Bills posse, or unpaid Bills, or whatever.  

On 5/28/2019 at 10:58 PM, BarleyNY said:

Also any perceived slight by the media. 

Half the fans overreact to this, the other half overreact to any perceived praise by the media.  That and Da'rick Rodgers...

:beer:

• Like (+1) 1

Worst overreaction to me is the posters who are sure we drafted a player a round or 2 too early, or were sure we could have drafted a player without moving up.  2nd worst, the ones who claim we "ruined" a player.  The only way to ruin a player is to put him in a spot where he shouldn't have been in & he gets a career ending injury. 

Examples are the people who claimed we could have stayed at 12 and drafted Josh Allen there without giving up two 2nd rounders to go from 12 to 7 even though there is zero evidence he would have been available at 12.  Just as bad are the ones who complained when the Bills drafted EJ in the 1st round when he would have been there in the 3rd.  Once again, no evidence that that was true.  Even worse, EJ proved that he wasn't worth being taken as a 3rd round pick.  A bust shouldn't have been drafted in any round.  I respect the people who complained he shouldn't have been drafted period over the ones who called him a 3rd rounder-clearly he proved not worthy of a 3rd round pick.  Also, JP, EJ etc were not ruined by their coaches.  JP had one of the most respected QB coaches in the NFL in Sam Wyche his 1st 2 seasons.  Mularkey & Jauron didn't do anything to hurt JP other than recognize that they needed to get him off the field ASAP.  Same goes for Marrone's recognition that EJ was not the QB he wanted to be tied to.  As soon as Orton quit, Marrone was out of here rather than face another season with EJ as the #1 QB on his depth chart.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/28/2019 at 9:53 PM, fansince88 said:

How about this is my XXX# post! That should be coming soon.

HEY!!!  The moderator locked my thread!!!”  ?

Posted in a different thread, since the thread perceived as offensive  is now locked...?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/28/2019 at 7:05 PM, YoloinOhio said:

6. The fan favorite WR who tears up preseason but gets cut will never make it through waivers to be able to be signed to the PS because he’s so awesome that clearly another team will make a spot on the 53. He’s positively definitely going to the Pats and destined for multiple pro bowls. Bills are morons for letting him get away.

Days later, he’s sitting on the Bills PS - or his couch - after miraculously passing through waivers.

The Legend of Brandon Reilly lives on....

• Haha (+1) 1