Bills fans in Fairbanks?

If we weren’t in the offseason I probably wouldn’t have taken up space here but it’s important to me. I have a friend and DIEHARD Bills fan that is moving to Fairbanks, Alaska as we speak. He knows the team well, travels to games, still has his seasons, hosts on the road and is close with the McCoys. His wife is a doctor in the military and that’s their new spot. Just hoping to find a few people that I can link him up with to watch games. This guy really knows his stuff and is one of my favorite people to watch with (even if we disagree on certain things). If anyone knows Bills fans that way either put it here or shoot me a PM. 

8 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

anchorage looks to be the only bills backers location. I know, no help but was curious and looked it up. man, a lot of wide open frontier up there.

https://map.paranoidfan.com/backers

https://www.buffalobills.com/fans/bills-backers/

He’s 6 hours from there he said.

4 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

People that "Really know their stuff" should sit alone

I don’t know. There are a bunch of people here that I’d like to watch a game with (and have in some situations). I much prefer to watch with people that really know what’s going on vs. casual fans. My brother was a college QB, coach and really knows the Bills. He’s one of my favorite people to watch with too because he sees some things that I don’t. It gives me a more well-rounded sense for why the game or a play ended like it did. 

• Like (+1) 1

I lived in Fairbanks for 3 years, and the answer to your question is probably yes.  I don’t think I ever met a single Bills fan up there though.  Plus, NFL football kicks off at 9am in Alaska!!  lol

Tell your friend the best bar in town is The Red Fox.  It’s actually a Cuse bar started by my buddy who is from Penn Yan.

If your friend has ANY Fairbanks questions let me know.  

• Awesome! (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I lived in Fairbanks for 3 years, and the answer to your question is probably yes.  I don’t think I ever met a single Bills fan up there though.  Plus, NFL football kicks off at 9am in Alaska!!  lol

Tell your friend the best bar in town is The Red Fox.  It’s actually a Cuse bar started by my buddy who is from Penn Yan.

If your friend has ANY Fairbanks questions let me know.  

That’s awesome!! Thanks!!!

I can't help, but I was there once (cruise/train trip).  In August, the weather was pretty pleasant.  I was surprised to learn Fairbanks actually has a rather dry climate- average annual rainfall equivalent, about 11 inches.  I have no desire to be there in January though.

I do a lot of consulting work with the Army JAG Corps and have been to Ft. Wainwright a number of times. There are probably around 5000 soldiers at the base at any given time and I'm sure there will be some Bills fans. He should be able to reach out to find some fans through his wife if she is assigned there.

As an aside, I enjoyed my trips there and took my wife with me several times. There is actually some pretty good food in Fairbanks unless you are looking for plate of greens. During the summer solstice, Fairbanks holds the Festival of the Midnight Sun, which brings in about 30,000 people; in the winter the northern lights can be seen, Chena Hot Springs is a cool place to get away and relax, and there is great hiking with some spectacular views at Denali National Park.

I'll reach out to some friends to see if they know anyone at Wainwright. Isn't @MAJBobbyin the Army?

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/29/2019 at 7:38 AM, billsfan1959 said:

I do a lot of consulting work with the Army JAG Corps and have been to Ft. Wainwright a number of times. There are probably around 5000 soldiers at the base at any given time and I'm sure there will be some Bills fans. He should be able to reach out to find some fans through his wife if she is assigned there.

As an aside, I enjoyed my trips there and took my wife with me several times. There is actually some pretty good food in Fairbanks unless you are looking for plate of greens. During the summer solstice, Fairbanks holds the Festival of the Midnight Sun, which brings in about 30,000 people; in the winter the northern lights can be seen, Chena Hot Springs is a cool place to get away and relax, and there is great hiking with some spectacular views at Denali National Park.

I'll reach out to some friends to see if they know anyone at Wainwright. Isn't @MAJBobbyin the Army?

I used to be. Just retired last year.