Will Frank Gore hit #3 All-Time this year?

The real question is does he have enough gas left in the tank to catch Emmitt Smith 3,607? At 4.0 a carry that’s about 902 carries. Probably won’t happen, but assume he comes in 2019 and has a throw back year - 1,400 yards. Then perhaps 3 more seasons at 750 yards (age 37-39) and he’s in the record books. Sounds about as crazy as a 42 year old who is arguably the best QB in the game. Sports medicine and science has improved & behind a dominant line it could be a history making next 4 seasons for a guy known for being a decisive one cut down hill runner. 

15 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so then how to explain nobody wants to come to Bflo as I'm told here?....

I think you missed the point of my post in as much as Frank Gore already made the decision to come to Buffalo.  I do agree with you that many high profile free agents refuse to go to Buffalo and some other small market teams.  I think some of that relates to the lower potential income from endorsements in small markets.

2 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I think you missed the point of my post in as much as Frank Gore already made the decision to come to Buffalo.  I do agree with you that many high profile free agents refuse to go to Buffalo and some other small market teams.  I think some of that relates to the lower potential income from endorsements in small markets.

....HINT: sarcasm........Bflo is on the rise and I think the old ruse has been dispelled........

18 hours ago, Locomark said:

Just realized Frank Gore only needs 521 yards to pass Barry Sanders for 3rd All-Time rushing. Would be nice to see something like that happen in a Bills uni. Last time I remember someone other than Bruce hitting the top 3 on any All-Time list in our uni was probably Lofton in receiving yards. Based on Shady's hammy history, I think its really possible this year. Thoughts?  

it is quite possible, depending on how they use him. He will not get a majority of the workload, but the fresh legs should add to his productivity when he is on the field.  I was thinking he would be in the 400-500 range, so 521 is in the realm of possibility for sure.