Report: Pats have discussed Kyle Rudolph trade

• 2 weeks later...

The Vikings are facing a salary cap crunch. They have guys they can release without taking massive cap hits in 2020 and 2021 but they are going to have to let 4 or 5 good players go. And that is without pointing out that Cousins is only under contract through 2020. So in 2021 they have already committed $175m, have 43 players signed (though the majority of that money is tied up in 10 players) and no Quarterback.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oh nice! Pretty close to the 5 year 50 million that he was said to be looking for. Home town discount @9 a year. That's still a lot of $ for a good TE that hasn't exactly put up great numbers. But sure would have loved him on this team. Here's to hoping Dawson Knox can develop and step right up into that role.

49 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Oh nice! Pretty close to the 5 year 50 million that he was said to be looking for. Home town discount @9 a year. That's still a lot of $ for a good TE that hasn't exactly put up great numbers. But sure would have loved him on this team. Here's to hoping Dawson Knox can develop and step right up into that role.

Well Knox hasn't played a down but he's already better at contract holdouts than Rudolph.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/28/2019 at 1:28 PM, DC Tom said:

I could see this trade happening, some foggy Christmas Eve...

Kyle signed a fat new contract

Brady shouted out a bleat

Rudolph the holdout tight end

Doesn't need to learn to cheat!

Edited by Ralonzo

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The Vikings are facing a salary cap crunch. They have guys they can release without taking massive cap hits in 2020 and 2021 but they are going to have to let 4 or 5 good players go. And that is without pointing out that Cousins is only under contract through 2020. So in 2021 they have already committed $175m, have 43 players signed (though the majority of that money is tied up in 10 players) and no Quarterback.

Yeah, there's going to be a bloodletting of sorts.

You can bet that Griffen and Linval Joseph will be gone, which will get them under the cap, but they'll have more work to do beyond just those two.  They'll probably have to let Reilly Reiff go and re-work Harrison Smith's contract if they want to avoid trading Diggs.

32 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Yeah, there's going to be a bloodletting of sorts.

You can bet that Griffen and Linval Joseph will be gone, which will get them under the cap, but they'll have more work to do beyond just those two.  They'll probably have to let Reilly Reiff go and re-work Harrison Smith's contract if they want to avoid trading Diggs.

Reiff is an overpaid, overmatched decent RT masquerading as a LT in my view anyway.

I think that Rudolph would be 'ok' here, but pose a problem in New England.

I don't need him here, but I don't want him in New England.

I'm ok trying Knox, Sweeney and Croom, and holding on for Kroft.

I may even IR Croft and see if any TE emerges, and get the best Kroft Buffalo can get in 2020.