Buffalo Bills’ worst travel for fans will occur in consecutive weeks

HOUSE

The Bills will play two different opponents in the same stadium to open the 2019 season

By Sean Murphy May 28, 2019, 7:10am EDT

129355124.jpg.0.jpg Photo by Chris Trotman/Getty Images

The Buffalo Bills open the 2019 NFL season with two road games. Normally, this would be a downer for the team, as the grueling travel often associated with road games in the NFL could set Buffalo up for some early-season fatigue. However, thanks to a scheduling quirk combined with some good fortune, the Bills will face no such difficult travel.

Buffalo opens the 2019 season by playing two different opponents on the road in the same stadium. They face off against their divisional rival, the New York Jets, in the first week, and then they serve as the first opponent at home for the other tenant at The Meadowlands, as they stay in New Jersey to take on the New York Giants in Week 2. While this fortuitous travel situation is definitely beneficial to the team, it gives out-of-town Bills fans looking for a great travel experience their worst road games back-to-back to open the year.

Full disclosure: MetLife Stadium is a mere two-hour drive from my Hudson Valley home, so in terms of convenience, this is actually the best road travel for me personally. However, if you’re a Western New York Bills fan looking for a great road experience, these trips to East Rutherford are not that.

For starters, the nearly six-hour drive is punctuated by arriving at a stadium known for its horrendous traffic patterns. The snarling traffic is accentuated by East Rutherford sitting a mere 9 miles outside of New York City, which is helpful in terms of touring the city, but not helpful in terms of driving to the stadium on game day. Tailgaiting is solid in the parking lots, though it definitely has a more “corporate” feel (it’s definitely not Orchard Park).

more

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/5/28/18641326/buffalo-bills-worst-travel-for-fans-will-occur-in-consecutive-weeks-new-york-giants-jets-metlife

9 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

They couldn't find a pic with Tyrod?

HAHA, that is a very old photo. Just shows how out of touch with the Bills the media is, even Buffalo rumblings. Was probably the only Bills photo they had on file already.

Edited by DieHardBillsFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Who? 

----------------

to the OP  

two trips to NYC is the worst?  Dude (author) that's a 1 WEEK (10 day) vacation 

IMO a Buffalo Bills’ "worst travel for fans" would occur in consecutive weeks would be say Miami then Los Angeles 

or Los Angeles and Los Angeles (if you live on the east coast and travel) 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DieHardBillsFan said:

HAHA, that is a very old photo. Just shows how out of touch with the Bills the media is, even Buffalo rumblings. Was probably the only Bills photo they had on file already.

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

Its a photo of the bills last game against the Giants in Metlife stadium.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Who? 

----------------

to the OP  

IMO a Buffalo Bills’ "worst travel for fans" would occur in consecutive weeks would be say Miami then Los Angeles 

Yeah , I don't get how this is remotely "the worst"?

Stay in the City, have a ball, take the bus to the stadium.  It really is as simple as that.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

That must have been Naaman Roosevelt's one NFL touchdown. I THINK that's against the Giants in 2011. Jackson had a career long 80 yarder, but the defense was trash. Deflating game IIRC.

I don't think it's anything but good that they play two road games in the same venue to start the season, fan travel notwithstanding.

12 hours ago, RiotAct said:

yes, the NYC area is quite busy and snarled with traffic.

Traffic? Are you sure? I thought it was semi-rural.  ?

Funny, first time I took my wife to WNY, she expected everything to be covered in asphalt surrounded by high rises. NOW? She spends about half her time in NYC (she’s there now), and I’m starting to wonder if week 1 or 2 might not be a good idea to tag along? I’ve never been to a game in NJ. 

I live in Queens N.Y. I can get to MetLife Stadium in like 30 minutes if I drive but I will NEVER drive there ever again... I almost got arrested a few years back cuz some Jets fan threw something on my Jeep which was only a year old... I got out the car and was looking and asking to fight ANYBODY who admitted to throwing it but nobody came forward... Ruined my mood for the rest of the day...

If I do decide to go I'll just take the train there... Much quicker n cheaper honestly...

1 hour ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

I live in Queens N.Y. I can get to MetLife Stadium in like 30 minutes if I drive but I will NEVER drive there ever again... I almost got arrested a few years back cuz some Jets fan threw something on my Jeep which was only a year old... I got out the car and was looking and asking to fight ANYBODY who admitted to throwing it but nobody came forward... Ruined my mood for the rest of the day...

If I do decide to go I'll just take the train there... Much quicker n cheaper honestly...

I was going to say it was pry Geno Smith but he actually hit your car.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Who? 

----------------

to the OP  

Agreed.

Next year the Bills have 4 games out west. That's when you will see bad travel for fans.

NJ is probably one of the easier away stadiums I’ve been to. 

Cleveland was a PITA. Stuck on 90 for well over an hour. Then another hour to get to parking spot. Then 45 min walk to the stadium from the bottom level of parking garage. Made it into the nowhere near full stadium around halftime. Cleveland picked the worst location for a stadium.